• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Upgrade Your Amex Card and Get 1,35,000 MR Points

coolguy1

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Amex plans to start 2024 with a grand reward of 1,35,000 MR points when upgrading to a Platinum Charge card.

Users currently holding Amex Platinum Travel, Amex Platinum Reserve and Amex Gold Charge card are getting these offers.
You can see it in the app, refer to the screenshots attached below.

For the heavy spenders, this is a great deal since you get multiple loyal hotel loyal memberships and do anything concierge service.

If you don't spend a lot of money but feel the points can help, you can still upgrade for the points.

If you don't need the points, you can get the Amex Platinum Travel or the Amex MRCC card which remains the best card for monthly spends between 6K-40K.

T&C: https://www.americanexpress.com/con...ts/IA_New_Plat_RCP_Upgrade_Q1_2024_MT_TnC.pdf

Attachments

• IMG_6854.PNG
    IMG_6854.PNG
    52 KB · Views: 646
  • IMG_6855.PNG
    IMG_6855.PNG
    60.1 KB · Views: 649

4uziaul

TF Pioneer
Contributor
I found a similar discussion here @vaibhav111

hrish88

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
oh you meant to say for example if someone hold gold/mrcc n platinum they can go for this platinum charge and MR point of 1,35,000 would be in pool together with his/her gold/mrcc.
But then again, I read somewhere that the first card you hold should be MRCC or Gold Charge for the points to be pooled in the same bucket; otherwise, you will have two separate pools if your first card is Plat Travel or higher. I could be wrong, but it was discussed on TF.
in my case they(mrcc and plat charge) are in the same pool and my plat travel in a different pool.

coolguy1

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
But then again, I read somewhere that the first card you hold should be MRCC or Gold Charge for the points to be pooled in the same bucket; otherwise, you will have two separate pools if your first card is Plat Travel or higher. I could be wrong, but it was discussed on TF.
Yeah, that has been going on for a while.

My only suggestion for that is whenever you get a new card, log in to your existing account and add it from there.
I got Gold as my last card and still have a mixed pool for all 3 cards.

coolguy1

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
What is the "Do Anything" concierge service? I mean what benefit you get from it. I have never used any concierge service, so bit curios.

Do anything concierge makes your life easy by getting tasks done for you. From getting flowers/cakes for your friends/family to finding the best hotels for a trip to getting a table in a sold-out restaurant, you can simply call them and ask for help.

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator
Yeah, that has been going on for a while.

My only suggestion for that is whenever you get a new card, log in to your existing account and add it from there.
I got Gold as my last card and still have a mixed pool for all 3 cards.
oh so i would be applying for either gold/planitum or both. so card is delivered then how to add exisiting amex card that i'm not sure. cause my dad's have gold & plantium and two different amex login in so i can merge all three in same pool of MR point. this is new information i didn't thought of. once i apply either one/both cc would ask how to add existing cc so i don't have two amex login in to view my MR point.

coolguy1

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
oh so i would be applying for either gold/planitum or both. so card is delivered then how to add exisiting amex card that i'm not sure. cause my dad's have gold & plantium and two different amex login in so i can merge all three in same pool of MR point. this is new information i didn't thought of. once i apply either one/both cc would ask how to add existing cc so i don't have two amex login in to view my MR point.

Sure, let me know, always happy to help.

And if you use my referral link for any of your cards, you get a free one-on-one voice call guide.

If you use my link for two cards, you get a free video call session.

If you use my link for three cards, I'll come to your home and personally add the cards ensuring all points are in one bucket. :p

phildunphy

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
There is no way amex approves all the applications right? I get 70k is a huge price to pay but 135k points breaks it even if you have 1 single luxury vacation planned in 2024. Decent percentage of people who hold Plat travel might end up upgrading if they realise MR points? or maybe this is confirmation bias and i am overestimating ccgeek community.

Their concierge is already shit, if they approve this many they cannot handle the volume and will go down the axis way. Amazing i guess.

nomad

TF Premier
@vaibhav111 Once you have the amex account created with any card, next time onwards the same account can be used to add more accounts

In the iOS app, Activate and Add card option is what you are looking for
1704298063770.png

shivek

TF Select
This is what the offer T&C says.
Upgrade from charge card: Existing cards will be closed post upgrade is completed.
Upgrade from credit cards: New platinum account will be created. Does not mention about existing card if that will be closed or remain as it is. Most probably it will remain active as closure is not mentioned.

7. As part of this Offer:

a. For Cardmembers who opt for an upgrade through their existing American Express® Charge Cards (viz. American Express® Gold Card): Existing American Express® Card, will be upgraded to the American Express® Platinum Card. The upgraded American Express® Platinum Card, including all the Supplementary Cards would be dispatched within 7 to 10 days of successful processing of the card upgrade request, including existing supplementary cards. The existing American Express® Card would stop working as soon as the Cardmember activates the new American Express® Platinum

Card.

b. For Cardmembers who opt for an upgrade through their existing American Express® Credit Cards (viz. American Express® Platinum Reserve Credit Card, American Express® Platinum Travel Credit card, American Express® Membership Rewards® Credit Card etc.): Cardmembers would be required to apply through an online application process through a web link provided by American Express® and accordingly a new American Express® Platinum Card Account would be issued to them.
IMG_5719.jpeg

hrish88

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
How did you manage this?

Please share more details where you spent 6L and how you got 2.5L.
well i got 1.15L MR points for 70K fees and some 70 K taj vouchers(30 with kaizan and rest with other spend based offers,10K for bday),some more vouchers of 30K.40K rewards points and some 25-30K saving on oberoi hotels.

If i consider 30% Marriot bonus and i stayed at 9 times at marriot and every time i got upgrade and breakfast then it goes above 3L

hrish88

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
There is no way amex approves all the applications right? I get 70k is a huge price to pay but 135k points breaks it even if you have 1 single luxury vacation planned in 2024. Decent percentage of people who hold Plat travel might end up upgrading if they realise MR points? or maybe this is confirmation bias and i am overestimating ccgeek community.

Their concierge is already shit, if they approve this many they cannot handle the volume and will go down the axis way. Amazing i guess.
i think these points 135K will be costing 25-30K only to amex.so its still beneficial to amex.and for concierge its not like everyone is going to use it every time. especially someone taking these cards just for points not gonna use concierge and travel desk often. also from 2nd year onwards many users just holding for points are going to drop anyway.

ALOAK

TF Ace
i think these points 135K will be costing 25-30K only to amex.so its still beneficial to amex.and for concierge its not like everyone is going to use it every time. especially someone taking these cards just for points not gonna use concierge and travel desk often. also from 2nd year onwards many users just holding for points are going to drop anyway.
If amex is selling 10k points for 4k per year I believe anyone can purchase they will arrange link once paid they will credit 10k points