• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Upgrade Your Amex Card and Get 1,35,000 MR Points

coolguy1

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Amex plans to start 2024 with a grand reward of 1,35,000 MR points when upgrading to a Platinum Charge card.

Users currently holding Amex Platinum Travel, Amex Platinum Reserve and Amex Gold Charge card are getting these offers.
You can see it in the app, refer to the screenshots attached below.

For the heavy spenders, this is a great deal since you get multiple loyal hotel loyal memberships and do anything concierge service.

If you don't spend a lot of money but feel the points can help, you can still upgrade for the points.

If you don't need the points, you can get the Amex Platinum Travel or the Amex MRCC card which remains the best card for monthly spends between 6K-40K.

T&C: https://www.americanexpress.com/con...ts/IA_New_Plat_RCP_Upgrade_Q1_2024_MT_TnC.pdf

Attachments

• IMG_6854.PNG
    IMG_6854.PNG
    52 KB · Views: 633
  • IMG_6855.PNG
    IMG_6855.PNG
    60.1 KB · Views: 635

Zacobite

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
While everyone dies for having one card or another, every card doesn't make sense for everyone. Personally for me, I get 1.35 lacs points which is 1.75 lac Marriott points, which is easily 1.20 lacs worth stay at Marriott hotels in Asia.

Further, 10k Taj voucher on Birthday. Plus Kaizen offer can give further 30k.

So, for someone like myself it's a cool 1.60 lacs benefits in 72k. Plus there are awesome regular offers with Amex plat charge, which I am not even considering.

Centurian lounges added to the benefits and it becomes a awesome card for travellers.

So, one can do benefit analysis before taking the card.
yes.. only year 1..always a great value. returned..

_ayush

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Yes, but 60-70% of properties will accept complimentary breakfast on request with chat before 2 days of check-in.

Accepted request at:

1. Westin Hyderabad
2. Westin Rishikesh
3. Four Points Mahabalipuram
4. ITC Kakatiya, Hyd
5. ITC Chola, Chennai

Not accepted at:

1. Westin Chennai
2. Sheraton Mahabalipuram

So, depends on the property and luck.
Can you please explain how did you request for complimentary breakfast at ITC Kakatiya? Recently made a booking for 3 days using Marriott Points.

Swastik

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Can anyone pls confirm if Priority Pass is required (to be applied) for Add on Holder or is it required for Primary Holder also? This is for International Lounge Access. I have got contrasting response from CC - one says for Main Card Holder, Platinum Charge Card is enough even for International Lounges and other says it is required for Main Card Holder too..
Primary and add on both require priority pass,
Amex plat charge gives only 1 add on card holder priority pass in contrast to 4 add on cards

As @Zacobite mentioned ,some places take card directly ,PP not needed ,you can check on Plat charge benefits website ,but mostly Centurion Lounges ,Plaza Premium, Delta Sky Club (US) ,etc

In Centurion Lounge you can take an additional guest per card(both Primary and add on) ,but only on these

Hi.
i also got the same offer of 135K MR points for upgrade from platinum travel to platinum charge card. in addition they are offering platinum reserve as a companion card. do you think i should take it? I mean seems like a good offer for the first year at least.

coolguy1

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Hi.
i also got the same offer of 135K MR points for upgrade from platinum travel to platinum charge card. in addition they are offering platinum reserve as a companion card. do you think i should take it? I mean seems like a good offer for the first year at least.

Should you get the card or not is something that you should decide, we can only guide you through it.

Is 70K cash more valuable to you or 135K MR points?

Do you travel internationally? How much do you spend every year? Will the comfort and premium service of Amex along with the points make your life easier in any way, financially and mentally?

If the answer to the above questions is positive then it could be a worthy card.

If not, then it might not add a lot to your lifestyle and adding Plat Travel and MRCC(to complete the trifecta) could be a better idea.