• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

amex not accepted for youtube premium

smuff

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Addional to amex gyftr> AGV > google play gift card option, you can install google opinion rewards app and answer to surveys and get some money added to google play account balance. That will help to reduce cost.

random

TF Neo
Guys don't entertain dungenmaster. He is just trying to justify his illegal and immoral means by attacking capitalism. There are many leechers like that guy who undertake such activities and then attack companies.
Also dungenmaster you don't need to justify your actions to anyone except law authorities.

dungeonMaster

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Guys don't entertain dungenmaster. He is just trying to justify his illegal and immoral means by attacking capitalism. There are many leechers like that guy who undertake such activities and then attack companies.
Also dungenmaster you don't need to justify your actions to anyone except law authorities.
Why needs to be so personal bro. Did I use your name? 💀
Illegal *Cough* law authoritiee *cough*, Am I selling drugs on forum? 💀

Last edited:

Nihhaar

TF Buzz
And competitor is not around due to expensive services, it's not around due to predatory practices of google/youtube for killing the competition.

No wonder even the likes of bing have not been able to challenge google. It's straight forward sherlock
Can you state these so called predatory practices? Google succeeded not because of predatory practices but because of a solid product. If you don't think so, you are happy to use the better product - "Bing".

Still peanuts for them.
So tomorrow facebook/instagram asks for premium subscription you're gonna buy it as well?
Next what, premium subscription for gmail?
You don't get to decide what's peanuts and what is not for them - the same way somebody doesn't get to decide how much you can earn.

Ironically, there will be a time where you might need to buy a premium subscription for Gmail if you keep on skipping ads "legally".

And coming to the original post, youtube is not accepting amex.
Like common they want to leech out 30% from third party developers on their play store. But don't want to pay for a payment provider(amex) which charges higher than visa/mastercard.

Like the audacity 💀
This third party developers can distribute their app directly or via a different app store rather than Google Playstore. Noone is stopping them.

Similarly content creators and YouTube users can watch videos else where if they are not happy with the YouTube pricing.

If you didn't notice until now, Internet is run on ads. Without ads, you can't even be using this technofino community for free.

There are lot of reasons why someone might be doing piracy but the reasons you've quoted are just of being cheap.

dungeonMaster

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Can you state these so called predatory practices? Google succeeded not because of predatory practices but because of a solid product. If you don't think so, you are happy to use the better product - "Bing".

Initially they won through product but they're in the game because of these practices.

dungeonMaster

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
This third party developers can distribute their app directly or via a different app store rather than Google Playstore. Noone is stopping them.

Similarly content creators and YouTube users can watch videos else where if they are not happy with the YouTube pricing.
They do decide on how much app dev can you yourself got contradicted 💀

Well it's a free world, I can watch them for free you got a problem with it?

I can understand piracy of Netflix/Disney etc content in India. Those are over priced services for our market. But Youtube premium costs so little here. I would personally feel it an insult to my sense of self-worth if I refused to pay even that much.

dungeonMaster

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I can understand piracy of Netflix/Disney etc content in India. Those are over priced services for our market. But Youtube premium costs so little here. I would personally feel it an insult to my sense of self-worth if I refused to pay even that much.
Because they are not responsible for production of content while netflix/disney are.
You have pretty low ego if you consider you're self worth on the basis of your ability to pay for subscription.

dungeonMaster

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
There is no need to be rude. We can have a civilised conversation regarding this.
I wished if you've equally dejected other folks using the same kind of language.
I accept it's no excuse for me to use such lang.
But everyone here is a keyboard warrior, who don't even have a basic understanding of what piracy is. 🥱

Because they are not responsible for production of content while netflix/disney are.
You have pretty low ego if you consider you're self worth on the basis of your ability to pay for subscription.
I do not base my self worth on the basis of my ability to pay 189 rupees a month. But I do penalise my self worth if I find myself unable to spare even 189 rupees a month for a service that I enjoy very much. There is a difference between the two.

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
I do not base my self worth on the basis of my ability to pay 189 rupees a month. But I do penalise my self worth if I find myself unable to spare even 189 rupees a month for a service that I enjoy very much. There is a difference between the two.
@dungeonMaster
You both are correct in their own pov

If you earn&
If you can afford pay 189 to YouTube .buy it

If you don't want to pay use vanced

I can afford to pay but I still used vanced not because it's free but because vanced don't have YouTube shorts section.

Everyone has its own liking & circumstances.

Let's not get into personal attacks