• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Not able to get Amex credit card

tanmeet

TF Buzz
Sorry for the long post. I would be glad if u read it full and give your valuable input.

I have been trying to get an Amex Credit card. I applied for Smart Earn Credit card 3 months ago but got rejected. Then after 3 weeks I applied for MRCC and again got rejected due to income criteria.
Met an Amex agent a few days ago, told him the entire story and he said he would get me the Platinum Travel Credit Card ( I am doubtful because I already got rejected for two lower variants ) and he would get me value of joining fees( i.e. Rs 3500) back in the form of points( which makes sense and can be believed) and also if I happen to pay my bills timely he would also get the annual charges( i.e. Rs 5000) reversed in the statement (I highly doubt him, but he showed all the proofs of annual charges reversed of his two own cards in the statements). Morever, in case, I don't find the Platinum Travel useful, I may call the customer care and get this card downgraded to Smart Earn or MRCC , Now, I want to ask the following questions.

1. Can I really get the Platinum Travel Card after getting rejected for lower variants( i.e Smart Earn and MRCC)

2. In case I get the Platinum Travel Card can I get the annual charges reversed?

3. Does Amex allow downgrade of the cards (like from Platinum Travel to Smart Earn or MRCC)?

4. If the answer to all the questions is NO, then how can I get a basic Amex Card? ( Smart Earn or MRCC)

PS: Necessary details

1.Annual income: 5.33L ( salary + side income). I file ITR of 5.33L

2. Have multiple cards from different banks and have always applied as salaried individual.

3. CIBIL is 776 and have never defaulted ever.

Zacobite

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Sorry for the long post. I would be glad if u read it full and give your valuable input.

I have been trying to get an Amex Credit card. I applied for Smart Earn Credit card 3 months ago but got rejected. Then after 3 weeks I applied for MRCC and again got rejected due to income criteria.
Met an Amex agent a few days ago, told him the entire story and he said he would get me the Platinum Travel Credit Card ( I am doubtful because I already got rejected for two lower variants ) and he would get me value of joining fees( i.e. Rs 3500) back in the form of points( which makes sense and can be believed) and also if I happen to pay my bills timely he would also get the annual charges( i.e. Rs 5000) reversed in the statement (I highly doubt him, but he showed all the proofs of annual charges reversed of his two own cards in the statements). Morever, in case, I don't find the Platinum Travel useful, I may call the customer care and get this card downgraded to Smart Earn or MRCC , Now, I want to ask the following questions.

1. Can I really get the Platinum Travel Card after getting rejected for lower variants( i.e Smart Earn and MRCC)

2. In case I get the Platinum Travel Card can I get the annual charges reversed?

3. Does Amex allow downgrade of the cards (like from Platinum Travel to Smart Earn or MRCC)?

4. If the answer to all the questions is NO, then how can I get a basic Amex Card? ( Smart Earn or MRCC)

PS: Necessary details

1.Annual income: 5.33L ( salary + side income). I file ITR of 5.33L

2. Have multiple cards from different banks and have always applied as salaried individual.

3. CIBIL is 776 and have never defaulted ever.
take a break.. use another card for 6-9 months.. and then apply.. You are rushing..

drk

TF Select
@BestBanker Hii sir I have applied for Amex MRCC CC and done VKYC..... I am getting daily email to upload documents as I was giving them merged salary slips and bank account statements.... Now today I contacted their customer care and they said mails are repeating bcoz

1. I should send them seperate documents i.e. salary slips and bank statements sperately
2. I have got no company logo on my salary slips

Now I work in govt. and its site on downloading annual salary statements give logo where as in individual months don't

Also regarding FORM 16 they asked me and ITR.... last year my ITR was less than 6 lakhs and form 16 is also not available as digitally signed copy

I have now uploaded my Form 26AS
and Annual salary slip with 2 months salary slips and is waiting

Is there anything else that could be done within time..... any help would be really good sir.

Does amex provides cards to students ? Like me. I am doing my M.Sc, I am interested in smart earn credit card, i have passive income but don't have ITR as of now. I have HDFC card, earlier used IDFC, federal, One card, CIBIL is 784 with no late payment, credit age almost 2 years Is there any way?

financewizard

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Does amex provides cards to students ? Like me. I am doing my M.Sc, I am interested in smart earn credit card, i have passive income but don't have ITR as of now. I have HDFC card, earlier used IDFC, federal, One card, CIBIL is 784 with no late payment, credit age almost 2 years Is there any way?
The best option is for you to apply as add on card, if your parents have Amex.

You can still try out your application via referral - like giving Salary as 6L while applying for the card. It is a hit or miss case - where sometime they process the application without any documents or proofs. (You will just have a video kyc where they will ask for pan). My friend who is doing freelancing (and he is not filing itr) just got Amex using this method.
DM me if you need referral.

nishsailor

TF Buzz
@BestBanker Hi, My Amex got rejected because I'm a mariner.
I applied for Amex Plat Travel CC EKYC and uploaded ITR and then the exec called and asked me if was a sailing personnel to which I said yes, soon after got an email saying "application does not meet our internal requirements for Card issuance. As a result, we are not able to process your application".
Is there any way to get the AMEX CC?

BestBanker

TF Ace
Banker
@BestBanker Hi, My Amex got rejected because I'm a mariner.
I applied for Amex Plat Travel CC EKYC and uploaded ITR and then the exec called and asked me if was a sailing personnel to which I said yes, soon after got an email saying "application does not meet our internal requirements for Card issuance. As a result, we are not able to process your application".
Is there any way to get the AMEX CC?
Contact me after 90 days bro