• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Can amex concierge book irctc tickets for hard to get trains, vista dome, etc?

Rdspam

TF Premier
Curious, has anyone ever used amex for desi tasks like booking urgent train tickets? Trying to get vista dome on popular routes, etc?

AakashCJB

TF Select
Curious, has anyone ever used amex for desi tasks like booking urgent train tickets? Trying to get vista dome on popular routes, etc?
Have asked 4 Desi Tasks

1) Asked them for a Tatkal ticket on CBE-MAS Cheran Exp train on For Friday Night on any Class - SL/3A/2A/1A. Called Concierge and informed them 7 days prior on this.
Result: Fail.

2) Last year Asked them to Book 2 tickets for CSK vs RR IPL match at Chennai Stadium. Called them when Fixtures were released and reminded them a week before bookings open and also informed i am okay with Any stand in stadium.

3) Asked 2 tickets for Leo Tamil Movie First day first show ticket in Chennai - 9 AM show at Any theatre in Chennai.
Result: Failed.
Note: Got a reply 1 day before the movie release with First day night show at a PVR which had corporate ticket of 600 INR (includes pop corn & Coke) -> Would have accepted the same 600 INR Corporate ticket if it was for the 9am show

4) Asked them for 2 Tickets for TIRUPATHI DARSHAN ticket (Only ticket, not entire package). Called them 14 days prior to the online booking opening date on TTD website and said i am okay with Any category of Darshan ticket
Result: Failed
Note: They were saying we have various 1 day, 2 day Darshan packages (Which includes 500 INR Darshan Ticket) from Chennai, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Vijayawada

Last edited:

Rdspam

TF Premier
Have asked 4 Desi Tasks

1) Asked them for a Tatkal ticket on CBE-MAS Cheran Exp train on For Friday Night on any Class - SL/3A/2A/1A. Called Concierge and informed them 7 days prior on this.

2) Last year Asked them to Book 2 tickets for CSK vs RR IPL match at Chennai Stadium. Called them when Fixtures were released and reminded them a week before bookings open and also informed i am okay with Any stand in stadium.

3) Asked 2 tickets for Leo Tamil Movie First day first show ticket in Chennai - 9 AM show at Any theatre in Chennai.
Result: Failed.
Note: Got a reply 1 day before the movie release with First day night show at a PVR which had corporate ticket of 600 INR (includes pop corn & Coke) -> Would have accepted the same 600 INR Corporate ticket if it was for the 9am show

4) Asked them for 2 Tickets for TIRUPATHI DARSHAN ticket (Only ticket, not entire package). Called them 14 days prior to the online booking opening date on TTD website and said i am okay with Any category of Darshan ticket
Result: Failed
Note: They were saying we have various 1 day, 2 day Darshan packages (Which includes 500 INR Darshan Ticket) from Chennai, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Vijayawada
Wow thanks for the in depth review. Looks like even their world class concierge cannot beat the desi way🤣

cchelp

TF Buzz
i asked them for coldplay tickets for rome, Primary sale is over and authorised reselling hasn't started. They were able to find a reputable reseller they use who can provide them but it was way over the price 1000 euro ticket was quoted for 4000 euros so ended up not taking it.

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
i asked them for coldplay tickets for rome, Primary sale is over and authorised reselling hasn't started. They were able to find a reputable reseller they use who can provide them but it was way over the price 1000 euro ticket was quoted for 4000 euros so ended up not taking it.
4x benefits .

Rdspam

TF Premier
i have seen people post good reviews as well
somebody was able to get a manchester derby tickets booked via concierge
Major events like that normally already have reservations for amex or they are well versed with it. Booking something like a vista dome is very specific to the Indian market rather than the West. It shows how well they can improvise and adapt and go the extra mile. Especially considering all the legendary tasks they tell stories about amex accomplishing really are true then these should not be that hard.

Rdspam

TF Premier
amex doesnt consider booking a train ticket as something big IMO
amex will get you access to events and parties at best
If we’re paying 70k+ in fees for a card that’s renowned for its concierge they better listen to the customer’s definition of “big” even if it doesn’t fit their definitions.