• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Best way to book IRCTC tickets?

technonifo

TF Buzz
Have to book a lot of IRCTC train tickets in near future.
What is the best way to book it?

have the following cards: - hdfc milennia, sbi cashback, amazon pay, tata neu infinity other useless. AU, IDFC, Indus Ind cards

techt

TF Legend
@DocFixIt 🚋 .
homer simpson episode 21 GIF

🚆

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Have to book a lot of IRCTC train tickets in near future.
What is the best way to book it?

have the following cards: - hdfc milennia, sbi cashback, amazon pay, tata neu infinity other useless. AU, IDFC, Indus Ind cards
Kotak card gives convience fees wavier on train ticket.

Sbi irctc & hdfc irctc are best if u booking for yourself..
If booking for other then u have to look if sbi cb or hdfc millennia gives cb on train spends

Rahul098

TF Select
Kotak card gives convience fees wavier on train ticket.

Sbi irctc & hdfc irctc are best if u booking for yourself..
If booking for other then u have to look if sbi cb or hdfc millennia gives cb on train spends
I thought HDFC IRCTC card gives points for all irrespective of the name? Doesn't it? Only Sbi and Bob have that restrictions right?

MrJJ

TF Premier
Best is hdfc smartbuy via debit card with monthly limit of 1000 cashback
HDFC does not charge Payment gateway charges on Rupay Credit Cards either which are added after transaction settlement.
So if you have HDFC Rupay CC then it's better to use it on smartbuy than debit card.

Surcharge/ convenience fees?
1.8%+ tax or ₹10+ tax?
Please share screenshot of settled txn.
Kotak gives surcharge waiver of 1.8% max ₹500 (annual limit I think but not sure)
If you pay via Paytm gateway then you will be charged 1% + 18% GST = 1.18% and you will get 1.8% waiver credited.

Caution: if you're going to pay via Kotak CC then do not select Razorpay payment gateway, you will not get any waiver.

Last edited:

sourpai

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Book via Amazon Flights + Train and pay with amazon pay with no extra charges. Load amazon pay vouchers via different card offers

Akash_Aryan

TF Select
In my experience, best option is HDFC Millennia on PayZapp application.

5% cashback through SmartBuy Portal and 1% cashback through Millennia other spends category.
Overall 6% cashback.

You will be charged the same ₹30+18%Gst = ₹35.4 for IRCTC Charges.
No Extra Charges On SmartBuy Portal .

SBI Cashback card doesn't give cashback on IRCTC .

bhaveshS

TF Ace
In my experience, best option is HDFC Millennia on PayZapp application.

5% cashback through SmartBuy Portal and 1% cashback through Millennia other spends category.
Overall 6% cashback.

You will be charged the same ₹30+18%Gst = ₹35.4 for IRCTC Charges.
No Extra Charges On SmartBuy Portal .

SBI Cashback card doesn't give cashback on IRCTC .
For sleeper ₹17 and 1% surcharge