• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Best way to book international flights from London to Delhi/Pune?

metacoder

TF Buzz
Hi All!

I've recently moved to London, UK and wanted to find the best way to book flights.

I hold HDFC Infinia and have the British Airways AMEX card which gets me a companion voucher whenever I spend more than £12K in a year along with avios. We are a couple.

I understand that I can use the companion voucher to get cheaper tickets on British Airways.
1692289448279.png
I wanted to know if there was a more efficient way. I already use SmartBuy for reward points and redemption.

I and my wife plan to travel to/from India 1-2 times a year and 1-2 domestic flights per year. I will also be using it to book other flight tickets for my family if I get additional benefits.

Update:

The best way I've found until now is via British Airways using my British Airways AMEX card.
Referral for British Airways AMEX card for people in United Kingdom.

I used my Companion Voucher + 41,500 Avios + £700 (~50% discount with Avios + Companion Voucher) to book 2-way flight ticket for 2 passengers via British Airways.
1. Go to britishairways.com -> Book -> Book Reward Flights with Avios
2. Search for LON -> DEL, HYD, BENGALURU etc.
3. Choose the available flights
4. Book with Avios and pay the remaining balance

Thanks!

Last edited:

saketreddy

TF Premier
If you want to travel in business and it's only 1 traveller, then Air India via turkish is the best option for 30k miles one way.

Economy is 19k miles one way and usually has 2 award seats.

metacoder

TF Buzz
If you want to travel in business and it's only 1 traveller, then Air India via turkish is the best option for 30k miles one way.

Economy is 19k miles one way and usually has 2 award seats.
Can you please elaborate?

Air India via Turkish Airlines? Where do I find this deal?

saketreddy

TF Premier
Can you please elaborate?

Air India via Turkish Airlines? Where do I find this deal?
Air India and Turkish are star alliance members, so you can book award tickets through either of them.

You can transfer axis edge rewards to turkish and book the flight by calling them.

Again, only 1 seat would be available in business and 2 in economy.