• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Amex Credit Card Rejection

bhavyakjain

TF Buzz
I recently applied for Amex Platinum Travel Credit Card. Today I got update that my application has been rejected. I had already done vKYC & submitted income documents.
The reason they have stated is "Internal Policies".

My income is good and my CIBIL is also decent 776.

Without any proper reason they rejected and my hard enquiry on cibil got wasted.

How shall I proceed? Please help.

Last edited:

shubhank008

TF Buzz
I recently applied for Amex Platinum Travel Credit Card. Today I got update that my application has been rejected. I had already done vKYC & submitted income documents.
The reason they have stated is "Internal Policies".

My income is good and my CIBIL is also decent 776.

Without any proper reason they rejected and my hard enquiry on cibil got wasted.

How shall I proceed? Please help.

Happened with me too last month when applied MRCC, no reason given, customer care on call also said KYC and address verification was done successfully, but reason being internal policy, they cannot disclose.

Nonetheless, applied for Plat Travel a few weeks later, approved. 3 days later Gold also approved.
So yeah, weird as can see in your case MRCC approved

bhavyakjain

TF Buzz
Happened with me too last month when applied MRCC, no reason given, customer care on call also said KYC and address verification was done successfully, but reason being internal policy, they cannot disclose.

Nonetheless, applied for Plat Travel a few weeks later, approved. 3 days later Gold also approved.
So yeah, weird as can see in your case MRCC approved
I read somewhere rbi mandates banks to provide proper reason
Is that correct?

If so, can we not raise a complaint

It really pisses me.off to not have any reason

morosoph

TF Neo
Hey @BestBanker, sorry for hijacking this thread,
after this vKYC (Plat Travel w referral, no request for income docs) for me earlier yesterday, there was an apparent 'backend team may reach out to you', and a request to upload Voter ID (don't have one).
Contacted the customer support, and the lady suggested I upload my passport instead and that should go through, which I did - however, really haven't heard anything back and wondering if it was the correct thing to do or could it be a reason for rejection as well?

bhavyakjain

TF Buzz
I read somewhere rbi mandates banks to provide proper reason
Is that correct?

If so, can we not raise a complaint

It really pisses me.off to not have any reason
I had mailed them asking for a reason.
Few weeks later got response asking for the income documents again.

I uploaded the same documents again.

A couple days later, my Plat Travel also got approved, with a good limit, my 2nd highest limit so far.

Shoutout to @BestBanker for his help and advice during this.

@BestBanker i applied MRCC on 28march, but after doing vkyc and uploading all documents i got rejection email. My itr was of 5.90 lac. When i contacted c.care the lady told me that my application got rejected by there automatic system without any manual processing. I think my 5.90 itr was the reason for that rejection. If after filling this year itr of above 6 lacs can i apply that card again. What are the chances of approval? I already have cards from icici, axis, idfc,kotak,sbi with limit above 5 lac.