• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Cobranding with Tata Neu, Swiggy widens HDFC Bank cards’ reach

Status
Not open for further replies.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
In a Nutshell, No of issued cards:

1) ICICI Apay : 45 L (2018)
2) HDFC Tata Neu: 10L + (August 2022)
3) HDFC Swiggy: ~1.2L (July 2023)

My View:
1) HDFC Swiggy : on the way to be a disaster...
2) HDFC Tata Neu : tracking on the lines of ICICI Apay ( may be about 75%) : Hit
3) ICICI Apay : Super Hit ( or can also be termed as Blockbuster ) ...

Now open to the floor ... for discussion ... ;) ;)

1705212961171.png

1705212994097.png

1705213039385.png

1705213065796.png

1705213085691.png

Last edited:

manzparty

TF Premier
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I got Tata Neu Card recently FYF, wasn't accepted LTF and overtime I realised it's not adding any value as the rewards are limited to Tata New Coins vs Apay rewards as AmazonPay Balance which has multifold coverage and potential utility.

I will go ahead and close the card 4-5 months before completing 1 year. Swiggy Card has lot of potential as its go to App for 16-30 age group not just in Metro but also almost all T1 and T2 cities.

Overtime with market maturity and saturation (at least in Metros and T1 cities) these cobranded cards will glitter as much the partner which is attached to it (amazon is the brightest star currently).

the_dark_knight

TF Ace
Contributor
Swiggy Card has lot of potential as its go to App for 16-30 age group not just in Metro but also almost all T1 and T2 cities.
Totally agreed, with due respect someone needs to show a different perspective to one's opinions.
For some in that age group, swiggy app is their bread and butter, and having that cobranded card is a icing on the cake. Every card doesn't need to click with the mass audience, some cards are designed or targeted to a smaller but highly roi audience

manzparty

TF Premier
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Totally agreed, with due respect someone needs to show a different perspective to one's opinions.
For some in that age group, swiggy app is their bread and butter, and having that cobranded card is a icing on the cake. Every card doesn't need to click with the mass audience, some cards are designed or targeted to a smaller but highly roi audience
Very well put, Sir !!

the_dark_knight

TF Ace
Contributor
I also wanted to enjoy life through Swiggy Money, but I don't know any site where this swiggy money is accepted. So I avoided this card
Well swiggy money is accepted on swiggy foods, to enjoy mouth watering dishes from top restaurants delivered to your doorstep
Swiggy money is accepted on swiggy instamart to have all your household,grocery needs delivered to you in just 10 mins.
Swiggy money is accepted on swiggy dineout to relish a fine dining experience with your friends, family etc.
If you don't enjoy life in being a foodie, you are missing a lot.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I got Tata Neu Card recently FYF, wasn't accepted LTF and overtime I realised it's not adding any value as the rewards are limited to Tata New Coins vs Apay rewards as AmazonPay Balance which has multifold coverage and potential utility.
What will be your view IF Tata Neu is LTF??

I will go ahead and close the card 4-5 months before completing 1 year. Swiggy Card has lot of potential as its go to App for 16-30 age group not just in Metro but also almost all T1 and T2 cities
Tata Neu coins have more choices to redeem via Tata Neu App compared to Swiggy money

Swiggy Card’s main drawback is rewards in the form of Swiggy money.. This single thing drags this down over the time .

I don’t know how much you spent on Swiggy last year , I clocked 70 to 80 K ..all thru at about @13% off via GV s ..

Currently I can do it @8.5 % off GVs .. it’s only matter of time it becomes parity ..
The main thing people might miss out, by going GV way, we can contribute to that card’s milestone benefits..(like annual fee waiver)
Hence for me Swiggy Card is DOA

Last edited:
Well swiggy money is accepted on swiggy foods, to enjoy mouth watering dishes from top restaurants delivered to your doorstel
Swiggy money is accepted on swiggy instamart to have all your household,grocery needs delivered to you in just 10 mins
Swiggy money is accepted on swiggy dineout to relish a fine dining experience with your friends, family etc.
If you don't enjoy life in being a foodie, you are missing a lot.
I know this, but what I think is I got Rs 1500 cashback in swiggy wallet and I must utilise that much amount in Swiggy only, but if this card gives any vouchers or statement based cashback it will be useful for me and profitable for me

Otherwise Bhukh nahi hai to bhi order kar ke khana padega cashback utilise karne ke liye 😆

manzparty

TF Premier
Contributor
VIP Lounge
What will be your view IF Tata Neu is LTF??

Tata Neu coins have more choices to redeem via Tata Neu App compared to Swiggy money

Swiggy Card’s main drawback is rewards in the form of Swiggy money.. This single thing drags this down over the time .

I don’t know how much you spent on Swiggy last year , I clocked 70 to 80 K ..all thru at about @13% off via GV s ..
IF its LTF then I can hold it as its not providing me negative ROI. Only possible closure then will be if HDFC ask me to close one of current card to get a new one where I'm getting more value.

I never tried Swiggy Card and no plan as I care for my health and stay away from frozen and processed food as much as I can. For the same reason compared it with Amazon Pay 😬 (as I have and used both of them).

IMHO I feel Swiggy card is hitting the myZone customers where Swiggy devaluation affected and also recency bias at work.

Reactions: SSV

the_dark_knight

TF Ace
Contributor
I know this, but what I think is I got Rs 1500 cashback in swiggy wallet and I must utilise that much amount in Swiggy only, but if this card gives any vouchers or statement based cashback it will be useful for me and profitable for me

Otherwise Bhukh nahi hai to bhi order kar ke khana padega cashback utilise karne ke liye 😆
Swiggy money doesn't expire, does it?

They can’t, you have a case
I had some pre approved cards, I asked them to add Millennia card into pre approved offer list

But they have created a application for MoneyBack Plus card. If they would have created application for Millennia, I would have accepted it... But they disrespected me by creating application for BlackMoney Plus card. I never asked any card or I never took the name of Money Back plus card. Without any consent they did like this with me... Wo bhi MoneyBack Plus 😐

• Hehe
Reactions: SSV

the_dark_knight

TF Ace
Contributor
They can’t, you have a case
You are having a case but the supreme court won't be handling your plea, you have to go through the judiciary system starting from bottom to win it. In your case, going to RBI is not the solution, a simple email to cc dpt in hdfc will do it for you. If not escalate it to grievance cell, then to pno and at last to RBI ombudsman

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge

Correct.. as @manzparty mentioned earlier, Apay card is a blockbuster because the rewards are in the form of Apay voucher where as Swiggy money has only one option.
Tata Neu is somewhere in between these two

Status
Not open for further replies.