• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Apple in talks with HDFC Bank to launch Credit card in India

shivkumar

TF Buzz
I just read Apple Card is available only in USA at present. If India is the next country its big news.. Hopefully they also launch Apple Pay support in India.

bonheur

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
They are also working with NPCI already on Apple Pay.

The company, whose chief executive Tim Cook met with bankers during his recent visit to India, is working on a localized version of Apple Pay that works atop of UPI, a popular payments mode in the South Asian market, people familiar with the matter said. NPCI, a special division of India’s central bank Reserve Bank of India, oversees the UPI platform.

Apple wants iPhone customers in India to be able to scan QR codes and initiate UPI transactions without having to use any PSP app, the people said.

Source: https://techcrunch.com/2023/06/22/a...s-for-apple-pay-launch-in-india/?guccounter=1

plastikman

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
It provides 3% cashback on Apple spends and some preferred partners like Uber, Nike etc. And 2% cashback on Apple pay spends. 1% cashback for rest other spends.
It would have been better if Uber card was launched to compete with Ola card. Mistakenly, Uber had sent me the option to apply for Uber card in Jan 20. Later they said that the offer was sent by mistake. Lol

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200111-073547_Uber.jpg
    Screenshot_20200111-073547_Uber.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 76

Lobogris

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Most of the users in India has one primary HDFC card and one cobranded like Tata Neu. So we wouldn’t be able to get our hands on it even if we want to. And Tata Neu card ko toh koi close karega nai.
Why? What’s so special about the Tata Neu card? I have it and I don’t see any benefit in it.