• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Apple in talks with HDFC Bank to launch Credit card in India

SamPtnk

TF Ace
But HDFC is that stubborn bank which would create a lot of trouble for its existing customers to get their hands on this card or any other upcoming card.
Atleast better than thief Axis and no reward ICICI

We can get decent rewards plus they are too lazy to patch their own loopholes

Chaitanya-a

TF Prestige
Atleast better than thief Axis and no reward ICICI

We can get decent rewards plus they are too lazy to patch their own loopholes
Lol thief Axis? It could be true in Savings account department but in credit card department, no bank is getting close to what Axis is providing. Be it Cashback cards like Axis Flipkart, Airtel, Ace or rewards card like Magnus, Atlas etc.

Hisoka

TF Ace
Why? What’s so special about the Tata Neu card? I have it and I don’t see any benefit in it.
1.5% Cashback on any credit card bill payment. Plus 1% Cashback from HDFC Platinum debit card. 2.5% in total, on top of Cashback provided by the credit card we are paying bill of. Plus I converted this LTF under Rewards league. So no matter if Apple Card is titanium or gold, I’m not closing this one

rajat30

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Super curious about 3 things with this news:
1. Apple Pay - honestly, this will be more exciting and a better news than an Apple card rn. The ability to link cards and enable nfc payment in some form will be great
2. HDFC Apple card - curious how the features will be like, and costing structure, etc.
3. How to get it - lets see how easy/tough it will be to get this, how this works if one has a HDFC card already

Most importantly, the timeline haha. This has been pending for ages. Everyone is hyped like its coming next week or so. Curious to see how much time it actually takes.

bvc19296

TF Legend
TF Family
Contributor
VIP Lounge
1. Apple Pay - honestly, this will be more exciting and a better news than an Apple card rn. The ability to link cards and enable nfc payment in some form will be great
2. HDFC Apple card - curious how the features will be like, and costing structure, etc.
3. How to get it - lets see how easy/tough it will be to get this, how this works if one has a HDFC card already

Most importantly, the timeline haha. This has been pending for ages. Everyone is hyped like its coming next week or so. Curious to see how much time it actually takes.
Hope it will be worthy as Apple Card in US. HDFC also should be very very responsive and adhere to Apple terms, & vice versa!!

Lobogris

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
1.5% Cashback on any credit card bill payment. Plus 1% Cashback from HDFC Platinum debit card. 2.5% in total, on top of Cashback provided by the credit card we are paying bill of. Plus I converted this LTF under Rewards league. So no matter if Apple Card is titanium or gold, I’m not closing this one
Could you explain about this 1.5% cashback on any credit card bill payment? How does the Tata Neu card provide this?

Hisoka

TF Ace
Could you explain about this 1.5% cashback on any credit card bill payment? How does the Tata Neu card provide this?
Add your BHIM UPI id in Payzapp and then approve payment by going to BHIM app and selecting your credit card. I’ve heard they’ve parched this for new users though.

sangeeth

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Hope it will be worthy as Apple Card in US. HDFC also should be very very responsive and adhere to Apple terms, & vice versa!!

I'm doubtful Apple would get the same amount of control here, but I hope they have some solid plans in the works. Apple prefers to be in control but over here, that won't fly.

sangeeth

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge

+1 for Apple Pay.

Not sure what Apple Card can bring to the table compared to super premium cards. I prefer to purchase from Apple online store directly these days so I hope there'll be some solid benefits here which trump the usual big-name card benefits.

Chaitanya-a

TF Prestige
+1 for Apple Pay.

Not sure what Apple Card can bring to the table compared to super premium cards. I prefer to purchase from Apple online store directly these days so I hope there'll be some solid benefits here which trump the usual big-name card benefits.
Not so extraordinary benefits would be there. They give 3% cashback to their US customers. India would get benefits around that range only. We have better cards to get Apple devices online.