• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC allowed to buy upto 9.5% shares each of ICICI, Axis and some other banks.

Trust Me

TF Ace
This bit of today's news I didn't find mentioned anywhere here. I found it to be interesting, so here goes (mods please merge it with any existing thread on this topic, or just delete it if deemed uninteresting or redundant):.

HDFC have been allowed to buy upto 9.5% shares each of ICICI, Axis, IndusInd, Bandhan, Yes Bank and Suryoday SFB. The stake purchase must be completed within one year.

Stock prices of some target banks jumped up as a consequence of this announcement (e.g. Yes Bank gained 13%).

Last edited:

VijayflyRaven

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
HDFC will merge with ICICI by giving ICICI 67 shares for every 100 shares held. Jio will buy this merged entity and call it Jio bank.
Adani will merge Axis and Kotak and call it Green bank. Stock will surge beating Jio bank due to renewable energy finance subsidiary.
within 5 yrs hdfc = jio of banks & after 5yrs hdfc goes bust & then jio fin buys busted hdfc from govt bailout for peanuts & after 10 yrs jio fin= hdfc

Apurvsahilz

TF Premier
HDFC will merge with ICICI by giving ICICI 67 shares for every 100 shares held. Jio will buy this merged entity and call it Jio bank.
Adani will merge Axis and Kotak and call it Green bank. Stock will surge beating Jio bank due to renewable energy finance subsidiary.
Can we deposit old second hand solar panels in this so called green adani bank in lieu of cash?

• Haha
Reactions: SSV