• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

ICICI Bank Scam: Employees opened fake FD accounts of Rs.2 crores to meet Bank Targets

P B R G

TF Ace
A shocking case of financial fraud has come to light in Dhariyavad, Pratapgarh district, where 15 employees of ICICI Bank, including the branch manager, colluded to embezzle a staggering amount of Rs 2 crore. This elaborate scheme was orchestrated to meet the bank’s targets, as everyone involved opened fake fixed deposit (FD) accounts and transferred funds from the accounts of unsuspecting customers.

The incident first came to public attention on February 5 when Rs 32 lakh went missing from a customer’s account. Subsequently, branch manager Prashant Kabra (36) was apprehended on February 6, followed by the arrest of bank staff members and Udaipur businessman Jalam Chand (65) on February 9. The police have initiated investigations and are interrogating the accused.

During a press conference, SP Amit Kumar revealed that the case was registered by ICICI Bank’s Regional Head, Manoj Beharani, after discovering the missing funds. The police are gathering information on other bank staff involved in the fraudulent activities. SP Amit Kumar further explained that the bank officials at the Dhariyavad branch illicitly opened new accounts by withdrawing money from existing FD accounts without authorization. The main accused in this intricate fraud case is bank manager Manoj Kabra.

SP Amit Kumar formed a Special Investigation Team (SIT) to delve into the financial fraud case on February 7. Within two days of investigation, it was discovered that several high-ranking bank officials were opening fake accounts by siphoning funds from the FD accounts of unsuspecting customers through overdrafts (OD). This deceitful practice allowed the officials to achieve their targets.

During questioning, the branch manager revealed that the bank officials imposed immense pressure by setting daily targets for new savings accounts, current accounts, FDs, as well as loans and insurance.

Read more - https://hellobanker.in/icici-bank-scam-2-crore/

Last edited:

Strange

TF Legend
A shocking case of financial fraud has come to light in Dhariyavad, Pratapgarh district, where 15 employees of ICICI Bank, including the branch manager, colluded to embezzle a staggering amount of Rs 2 crore. This elaborate scheme was orchestrated to meet the bank’s targets, as everyone involved opened fake fixed deposit (FD) accounts and transferred funds from the accounts of unsuspecting customers.

The incident first came to public attention on February 5 when Rs 32 lakh went missing from a customer’s account. Subsequently, branch manager Prashant Kabra (36) was apprehended on February 6, followed by the arrest of bank staff members and Udaipur businessman Jalam Chand (65) on February 9. The police have initiated investigations and are interrogating the accused.

During a press conference, SP Amit Kumar revealed that the case was registered by ICICI Bank’s Regional Head, Manoj Beharani, after discovering the missing funds. The police are gathering information on other bank staff involved in the fraudulent activities. SP Amit Kumar further explained that the bank officials at the Dhariyavad branch illicitly opened new accounts by withdrawing money from existing FD accounts without authorization. The main accused in this intricate fraud case is bank manager Manoj Kabra.

SP Amit Kumar formed a Special Investigation Team (SIT) to delve into the financial fraud case on February 7. Within two days of investigation, it was discovered that several high-ranking bank officials were opening fake accounts by siphoning funds from the FD accounts of unsuspecting customers through overdrafts (OD). This deceitful practice allowed the officials to achieve their targets.

During questioning, the branch manager revealed that the bank officials imposed immense pressure by setting daily targets for new savings accounts, current accounts, FDs, as well as loans and insurance.

BOB World app scam se inspired. 😶‍🌫️🤣

varun__goel_

TF Legend

Icici employees giving me another reason to not open an account with ICICI👍🫡

TF Ace
TF Family
PSU banks are also not safe nowadays

SBI employees in my nearest branch forged signatures for insurance targets🤣🤣
True, SBI tried to scam me as well.

Just out of nowhere ₹20 were deducted from my account for PMSBY (some government insurance scheme). The customer care executive was adamant that I need to visit the branch to get it sorted. I told them why the heck should I do that if I didn't sign up for it in first place. Sent a mail (on 14th Nov) to the branch and their customer care head. The charges were reversed within hours! 😂

SBI_SCAM.jpg

varun__goel_

TF Legend
True, SBI tried to scam me as well.

Just out of nowhere ₹20 were deducted from my account for PMSBY (some government insurance scheme). The customer care executive was adamant that I need to visit the branch to get it sorted. I told them why the heck should I do that if I didn't sign up for it in first place. Sent a mail (on 14th Nov) to the branch and their customer care head. The charges were reversed within hours! 😂

SBI_SCAM.jpg
Mailing branch was a good idea👍

• Hehe
Reactions: 007

gauravbhati

TF Premier
SBI has worst service level. They think they are RBI

Literally!! The attitude they have against all customers is just worst...

They are not even interested in explaining their products... whereas in any other pvt banks they just call u, visit u and spam u until you opt for their products or deny rudely... 😂

Deleted member 9785

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Literally!! The attitude they have against all customers is just worst...

They are not even interested in explaining their products... whereas in any other pvt banks they just call u, visit u and spam u until you opt for their products or deny rudely... 😂
same with psu banks. Maybe SBI employees dont have targets

gauravbhati

TF Premier
same with psu banks. Maybe SBI employees dont have targets

yaa they don't... in my HDFC a/c I get calls from RM or someone from bank who always asks me that plz convert the saving account balance to FD for few days... and they do this on their own... just one otp is all I give 😂