• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

online fraud happened

Today i given a request for Upgrade my icici creditcard via X(twitter) and i received the reply as you will receive the call from us shortly like that and around 05:32 pm received call from 9381224324 mobile number he said i am calling from icici bank u given a request in X(twitter) please tell me your problem like that i said upgrade my card to higher variant he said okay give me your email id like this i shared my email id to him he sent a mail to me i that i find a website url is https://meet.google.com/xnr-fwpn-fiy
he asked me to click on that link so i clicked that page is redirected to google meet in that he asked my card photo and asked to share my live screen i did as he said then he asked my card photo front and back then suddenly i got otp and I am not shared otp to him I have a call recording also amount got debited immediately i lost my money of Rs.51472 and merchant name as mobiwik50000 any suggestions please and one more thing they didn't asked Amazon pay wallet details but rs 4999 has been detected after 1 hour of this incident and i called to Amazon app customer care immediately they taken fraud request I get refund from Amazon app immediately but only problem with icici bank Amazon pay credit card. What I have to do

Attachments

• screenshot.jpg
    screenshot.jpg
    209.8 KB · Views: 224
  • Screenshot_20240421_174958_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20240421_174958_Gmail.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 224
  • Screenshot_20240421_203351_Messages.jpg
    Screenshot_20240421_203351_Messages.jpg
    314.8 KB · Views: 109
  • Screenshot_20240421_184530_Phone.jpg
    Screenshot_20240421_184530_Phone.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Seriously bro ? This .

How unaware u r about world .
I mean from atleast 5 year ..I. Every call
To bank they say don't share OTP .

Do bank ever call by personal number?
Share screen
What were u thinking 🤔

Idk what' to say

Zacobite

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Today i given a request for Upgrade my icici creditcard via X(twitter) and i received the reply as you will receive the call from us shortly like that and around 05:32 pm received call from 9381224324 mobile number he said i am calling from icici bank u given a request in X(twitter) please tell me your problem like that i said upgrade my card to higher variant he said okay give me your email id like this i shared my email id to him he sent a mail to me i that i find a website url is https://meet.google.com/xnr-fwpn-fiy
he asked me to click on that link so i clicked that page is redirected to google meet in that he asked my card photo and asked to share my live screen i did as he said then he asked my card photo front and back then suddenly i got otp and amount got debited immediately i lost my money any suggestions please
wow.. Twitter is for complaining to bank not for transactions...Block card.. and thx for sharing.. hope it benefits others.. hw. much did u lose

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
If u have personal relationship with any police personal ..get in. Contact.else
Where was payment made ..no one can trace ..
Your money is gone unless police recover it .. bank won't give u money
Did your card has purchase protection.

Did u contact the bank ?

nothing to worry, since it was a credit card transaction, you will get your money back.

just inform the bank about the transaction and they will do the rest.

praful47

TF Premier
he asked me to click on that link so i clicked that page is redirected to google meet in that he asked my card photo and asked to share my live screen i did as he said then he asked my card photo front and back then suddenly i got otp and amount got debited immediately i lost my money any suggestions please
There are many fake id on Twitter just like icici .. don't get trapped next time .
Block your card and raise transaction dispute with the bank .
If loss is huge them file cyber complaint

its_karan

TF Ace
Upgrade my icici creditcard via X(twitter)
Card kabhi SM pe Upgrade nahi hota

LE and Upgrade halwa nahi hai Sir
Didnt you Check Truecaller for Authentication
please tell me your problem
What is this?

Is this a Bank employee or Swamiji

Saare dukhon ka Nivaran hoega
1713711568086.png
he sent a mail to me
Domain Name toh check karlete

@gmail.com

Koi Public Domain kyun use karega for Banking purpose

he asked my card photo
So Bank doesnt know which Card they have issued?
suddenly i got otp
Why haven't you Locked your Credit Card

Was amount not mentioned of a 'Transaction' in the message.

Sir please be careful.

Please don't give false hope

Unless purchase protection or police recovery.

Fraud based on OTP sharing is not entertained..let's
See how much icici helps in this
he can file chargeback, the amount is credited back in most cases that I have seen. I know a case where OTP was disclosed by AnyDesk App and the person got his money.

@Odugu Narasimha Rao Either you are too stupid or you are doing it yourself 😂 😂

TF Primier hokar bhi agar kisi ke saath aisa fraud ho rha h to...to wo khud kar rha h 😂 😂

Bhai investigation hota hai...kahin se bhi pata chal gya ki tum hi the...to lene ke dene pad jayenge😂😂

Quantum

TF Premier
This had all the red, dark red, darker red, darkest red, redest red flags and you didn't sense any?
How blinded were you, Sir...

Moreover, you are on this forum from last 2 years, must have come across many such threads, yet you fell for this trap..
An OTP fraud, fraud foreign transaction w/o OTP could happen with anyone of us, but what happened with you was a series of alarms that you kept ignoring.

I mean where on this earth a legitimate bank/bank-employee upgrades or provides a new card by asking to share your screen and show your card's front/back.. .
So much to say but I would stop here...
It was a OTP based transaction that would be seen as "customer shared the OTP". It would be challenging to get this back, but I wish you the best outcome.

plastikman

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Hey, this seems to be a screen mirroring scam where they mirrored your screen and grabbed the OTP. It was expected using TeamViewer and other such apps but not using Google meets. This shows that they have altered their modusoperandi to avoid suspicion.

However, they would not have been able to pull it off, if they didn't get your card CVV. It is generally recommended not to share any card details but in any case if you are compelled, the CVV stands as the fail safe. If you wouldn't have provided that, they couldn't have done anything.

Anyway there is nothing that can be done by crying over spilt milk. I guess intimating the bank and your state cyber crime is your best course of action. Also, do verify if your card came with any inbuilt fraud protection / card protection plan which can be availed.

Just so that you know, icici does call from their Mumbai office landline (with 022 std code) verified on truecaller. Also, they do not ask for card number.

Hope icici takes care of this issue for you as technically the OTP was grabbed from you on false pretenses and not direct read out by you to a 3rd party.

All the best !

Zacobite

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
This had all the red, dark red, darker red, darkest red, redest red flags and you didn't sense any?
How blinded were you, Sir...

Moreover, you are on this forum from last 2 years, must have come across many such threads, yet you fell for this trap..
An OTP fraud, fraud foreign transaction w/o OTP could happen with anyone of us, but what happened with you was a series of alarms that you kept ignoring.

I mean where on this earth a legitimate bank/bank-employee upgrades or provides a new card by asking to share your screen and show your card's front/back.. .
So much to say but I would stop here...
It was a OTP based transaction that would be seen as "customer shared the OTP". It would be challenging to get this back, but I wish you the best outcome.
its ok.. poor fellow is already upset.. its a learning for all

varun__goel_

TF Legend
What is the amount?

And what on earth were you thinking while sharing your screen and photos on google meet? Every day we receive such alerts from banks to not share such details.