• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

online fraud happened

When there is a dedicated customer care number to contact the Bank, why approach X (twitter) ?
How can you forget that X is a social platform and anyone can just have a look at the contents ?
Like the way you have used X to put forward your case, fraudster also looks to X to pick up his clients.
In the past, you must have received plenty of calls from that Bank. Dont you know those numbers ?
Moreover, if some chap calls from a private mobile number, why did you give all your data to him ?
You must have used netbanking or even their App to get in touch with the Bank. Why X ? Silly.
I can understand if you use X for complaints and to defame that Bank. But, for a regular request ?
During the entire process, did you not get an iota of doubt about that chap stealing data from you ?

Let this be a learning experience and do not forget this lesson.

doraemon

TF Legend
Hey brother
This is true that there were red flags
But I do understand that u were excited or obsessed with that plastic

Now complaint to bank for chargeback and pls from next time be alert
Follow this forum more
And get away with these cards obsession

girish3456

TF Premier
Today i given a request for Upgrade my icici creditcard via X(twitter) and i received the reply as you will receive the call from us shortly like that and around 05:32 pm received call from 9381224324 mobile number he said i am calling from icici bank u given a request in X(twitter) please tell me your problem like that i said upgrade my card to higher variant he said okay give me your email id like this i shared my email id to him he sent a mail to me i that i find a website url is https://meet.google.com/xnr-fwpn-fiy
he asked me to click on that link so i clicked that page is redirected to google meet in that he asked my card photo and asked to share my live screen i did as he said then he asked my card photo front and back then suddenly i got otp and amount got debited immediately i lost my money any suggestions please
Is there card protection plan on your card. Is yes, your bank can refund the amount I assume for the amount you lost due to this incident

techt

TF Legend
Card kabhi SM pe Upgrade nahi hota

LE and Upgrade halwa nahi hai Sir

Didnt you Check Truecaller for Authentication

What is this?

Is this a Bank employee or Swamiji

Saare dukhon ka Nivaran hoega
1713711568086.png

Domain Name toh check karlete

@gmail.com

Koi Public Domain kyun use karega for Banking purpose

So Bank doesnt know which Card they have issued?

Why haven't you Locked your Credit Card

Was amount not mentioned of a 'Transaction' in the message.

Sir please be careful.
Not every one is a Karan some are kumbhakarans.

pothi

TF Premier
RML Group
received call from 9381224324 mobile number he said i am calling from icici bank u given a request in X(twitter)

The scammer is still active on Twitter using different numbers to various potential victims, contacting via DM or as a reply to the victim's original tweet where ICICI official handle is tagged.

Please see his other tweets to get a bigger picture.

Could we do anything?

its_karan

TF Ace
And get away with these cards obsession
nana-patekar-clap.gif

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
The scammer is still active on Twitter using different numbers to various potential victims, contacting via DM or as a reply to the victim's original tweet where ICICI official handle is tagged.

Please see his other tweets to get a bigger picture.

Could we do anything?

How much is the amount

#aniket

TF Ace
Isn't this too much?

He is already a victim of cyber fraud, that's why he asked help through this thread.

I can sense he is already in guilt and embarassed, let's don't make it more.

He has already learnt the lesson. So, why to point out number of times,
this and that was the hint of fraud and all?

Firstly, he needs help to get out from this situation by getting his money back, for which many had already suggested to contact bank immediately, cyber department and check whether there's any purchase/ fraud protection or not.

@Odugu Narasimha Rao bro, don't panic, now deal it calmly. Most probably you won't loose your money as long as you report the same to concerned authorities/ departments as the purchase was made through credit card. Hope, you have already reported and blocked your card.

Though prepare for the worst case scenario.

Suggest you to deal such matters being vigilant from onwards.

P.S: Txn amount?

Last edited: