• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Unauthorised/ Fraud transaction on Kotak Credit Card

kilroy

TF Buzz
An unauthorised international transaction was carried out on my Kotak credit card, of approx 8000.

I reported this to the bank.
They promptly blocked credit card and all financial channels, such as bank ac and debit card.

Initially they said they will refer back in 10 working days. Now I got an update that they will refer back in 45 working days.

Is this normal? My first impression was 45 days ia quite a long TAT.

And have other questions in my mind.
Like what if they don't reverse this transaction?
What else do I need to do in the meanwhile? (File an FIR? Bank rep didn't mention this)

Would appreciate any help in this regard.

ADITYA1904

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
An unauthorised international transaction was carried out on my Kotak credit card, of approx 8000.

I reported this to the bank.
They promptly blocked credit card and all financial channels, such as bank ac and debit card.

Initially they said they will refer back in 10 working days. Now I got an update that they will refer back in 45 working days.

Is this normal? My first impression was 45 days ia quite a long TAT.

And have other questions in my mind.
Like what if they don't reverse this transaction?
What else do I need to do in the meanwhile? (File an FIR? Bank rep didn't mention this)

Would appreciate any help in this regard.
Yes they take time from 45 days to 90 days for disputed transactions but you dont have to pay that amount, they will give temporary credit into your statement untill they investigate and resolve the matter

Also give to application to nearest police station and cybe crime cell and get a inward copy for proof

kilroy

TF Buzz
Yes they take time from 45 days to 90 days for disputed transactions but you dont have to pay that amount, they will give temporary credit into your statement untill they investigate and resolve the matter

Also give to application to nearest police station and cybe crime cell and get a inward copy for proof
Is it mandatory to report to cyber crime cell? Anyway to do it online?

Also, I'm wondering what if they decline at the end of 45 days? What's my recourse then?

Tejo

TF Legend

Also, I'm wondering what if they decline at the end of 45 days? What's my recourse then?
They will check the source I.e where the funds of credit card were utilized.

If the funds are not received in your name account, they will refund.

Karthik24

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
I just faced issue back to back days there was frand transaction in different cards or differnt bank... luckily my international transactions were disabled... both of the attempt was on Wal-Mart. Blocked the card immediately. not sure how the details got leaked...

ADITYA1904

TF Ace
VIP Lounge

Not mandatory but its for all greater good to catch those criminals

apindersingh

TF Buzz
They will check the source I.e where the funds of credit card were utilized.

If the funds are not received in your name account, they will refund.
Hi, I got defrauded on SBI card recently on a call based OTP fraud, is it like if the end use of fraudulent transaction is not in my name, they have to mandatorily reverse the debit amount in my account?, are you sure on this

Tejo

TF Legend
Hi, I got defrauded on SBI card recently on a call based OTP fraud, is it like if the end use of fraudulent transaction is not in my name, they have to mandatorily reverse the debit amount in my account?, are you sure on this
You can simply raise dispute for fraud transaction.

They technical team first will verify ip address, mostly probably if ip address is not similar with your ip address they need to chargeback at any cost. Bur it's otp based transaction and you gave it so chance 50-50. You would raise dispute within 24 hours.

Also the chargeback depends upon the bank and merchant, best of luck.

apindersingh

TF Buzz
You can simply raise dispute for fraud transaction.

They technical team first will verify ip address, mostly probably if ip address is not similar with your ip address they need to chargeback at any cost. Bur it's otp based transaction and you gave it so chance 50-50. You would raise dispute within 24 hours.

Also the chargeback depends upon the bank and merchant, best of luck.
Thanks for replying mate,
Can Different IP address and the ultimate beneficiary of the goods/service purchased being somone else, will that go in my favor ?
Chargeback request is in process, they have asked to submite details within 7 days and they have settled the transaction, no interim chargeback is credited as well!

Tejo

TF Legend
Only after submission of the details they will allot temporary credit limit.

Thanks for replying mate,
Can Different IP address and the ultimate beneficiary of the goods/service purchased being somone else, will that go in my favor ?
100% if there was no otp verification........

Whats the value of the txn??

PrinceHeart

TF Premier
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Had 1 case with kotak. Was a fraud transaction at around 11pm india time. Was in euro showing from some university. Luckily my phone sound was on. No otp, it was debited directly. And the funny thing is, i never used that card anywhere online before that.

I did call the bank and they block everything - cc, dc, and acc.

Went to cyber crime cell next day. Called kotak with the file numer, 3rd day got the money credited back to my cc. Then few days later, got new cc and they charge me for that. And everything was back on track.

After that i got few more euro transaction, saying the amount was denied as my cc is disabled. So whoever did it, they tried few more times.

Since then, i keep international transaction off till i need it, and after use, i deactivate it again. Now i do that with all my cards.

Tejo

TF Legend
Had 1 case with kotak. Was a fraud transaction at around 11pm india time. Was in euro showing from some university. Luckily my phone sound was on. No otp, it was debited directly. And the funny thing is, i never used that card anywhere online before that.

I did call the bank and they block everything - cc, dc, and acc.

Went to cyber crime cell next day. Called kotak with the file numer, 3rd day got the money credited back to my cc. Then few days later, got new cc and they charge me for that. And everything was back on track.

After that i got few more euro transaction, saying the amount was denied as my cc is disabled. So whoever did it, they tried few more times.

Since then, i keep international transaction off till i need it, and after use, i deactivate it again. Now i do that with all my cards.
His txn was a domestic txn

techhdate

TF Premier
I always keep international transactions turned off and turn them on only when I am using them on international sites. I think this is the best way to protect the card since international some transactions do not need OTP.

apindersingh

TF Buzz
Only after submission of the details they will allot temporary credit limit.

100% if there was no otp verification........

Whats the value of the txn??
OTP was seen by the fraud as I somehow shared my screen. This all happened as SBI closed my elite card suo moto and when I was denied reactivation from PNO as well, then someone told me to put complaint on twitter, from there it all happened as I was expecting call from SBI social media team and he sounded so real and the I in desperation did all the steps he told and ***Ed up!
86998/-

techhdate

TF Premier
OTP was seen by the fraud as I somehow shared my screen. This all happened as SBI closed my elite card suo moto and when I was denied reactivation from PNO as well, then someone told me to put complaint on twitter, from there it all happened as I was expecting call from SBI social media team and he sounded so real and the I in desperation did all the steps he told and ***Ed up!
86998/-
where was the card used? merchant name on otp ?

apindersingh

TF Buzz
Now I will reply tomorrow to SBI With all details, I will write all details as this all started with their suo closure of my card and then denying afterwards!
I have raised a online cyber complaint, do I have to necessarily file an FIR, any timelines for FIR, fraud happened on 23.04.24.

apindersingh

TF Buzz
Shall I write like this as well that the transction' s IP and money receiver details may also be taken into consideration.

Tejo

TF Legend
Shall I write like this as well that the transction' s IP and money receiver details may also be taken into consideration.
Just say as i describe ...... Unfortunately i was browsing twitter later on, a person chatted and tricked me to screen share, thereby he using my screen mirror view somehow transacted and the transaction shows it was a rent payment on popular Cred utility payment app".

dont say more then this, like i was trying to close card and a person saying sbi called and tricked ........ I'm getting a msg regarding this, to not follow hope you might got it