• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

List of UPI Apps which does not need SMS Permission

nits123

TF Select
Recently, i came to know that SMS permission is not mandatory for UPI apps and it is required only at the time of registration. Only phone permission is mandatory all the times....I checked most of the UPI apps and all of them need SMS permission. I am looking for UPI app without SMS permission.

Some apps work without SMS permission for a day or two but again ask for SMS permission.

Till now, I have found only one UPI app which works without SMS permission and they also mention that it is not mandatory to provide SMS permission. The app is Samsung Wallet

If you know any other UPI app which does not need SMS permission, please share.

sm9811911

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Recently, i came to know that SMS permission is not mandatory for UPI apps and it is required only at the time of registration. Only phone permission is mandatory all the times....I checked most of the UPI apps and all of them need SMS permission. I am looking for UPI app without SMS permission.

Some apps work without SMS permission for a day or two but again ask for SMS permission.

Till now, I have found only one UPI app which works without SMS permission and they also mention that it is not mandatory to provide SMS permission. The app is Samsung Wallet

Get an iPhone if sms privacy is a big concern. In this case you will be sharing data only with iPhone.
On android, if you give permission at time of registration and after every 1-3 months depending on when app gets auto logged off or updated, the app gets all the sms info. So, can’t do much after that.

#aniket

TF Ace
Get an iPhone if sms privacy is a big concern. In this case you will be sharing data only with iPhone.
On android, if you give permission at time of registration and after every 1-3 months depending on when app gets auto logged off or updated, the app gets all the sms info. So, can’t do much after that.
iPhone is safe, a big NO!🙂
Fake Privacy Claims!
Privacy is a myth in today's world!

Don't know how effective is this, I have one feature:
Screenshot_20240424-151650.jpg
Edit: It do work very effectively.

Last edited:

nits123

TF Select
Fake Privacy Claims!

Even govt agencies cannot open iPhone...it is so safe....to open iPhone of a CM, govt agency requested apple to unlock which they refused

Googix

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Fake Privacy Claims!

Some apps work differently on iPhones because of the restriction placed by Apple. Upi apps will work without asking for sms permission(no such permission in iphone). True caller can't collect phone/contacts data on iphone be. Not saying iphone is a privacy champion but certain rules are enforced strictly on iphones and can't say the same for android.

Strange

TF Legend

Paytm is working fine without SMS permission in Android.

Last edited: