• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

UPI killing usage of cards

iamdhamo

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Cos of UPI merchants are asking to use to pay via UPI instead of cc and this makes a cause where in the same shop I had used cc now I m using UPI. Also the merchant has stopped to accept upi via rupay cc. Incase if I ask cc payment then he asks the mdr to be paid by me

Hence my cc is also dormant n my rupay cc is also dormant.

Have you people started to face this scenario?

"RuPay just copy pasted from visa but its service quality & dispute resolution is just like a slow govt office as now u complain to upi app, then bank & rupay as last resort" :rolleyes::rolleyes:

What do you mean by copy paste, this is the normal procedure.

All payment network chargeback system is slow, Don't expect that in Visa card, you will get a solution within a few days and in RuPay/UPI it will take months.

Just search here on technofino, you will see many proofs

It took more than 90 days for Visa to solve my OneCard Visa credit card chargeback. Then i contacted RBI and got my refund.

RuPay/UPI chargeback timing is 30 days and Visa/mastercard 45 days.

RuPay/UPI solution is faster.

But this is all 'on paper', Reality is different.

There is no perfect answer as to which payment network chargeback solution is faster.

It all depends on how much help the acquiring bank and the merchant provide.

So, ya your this statement is right "in India, getting refund = nightmare as any card"
  1. Copy-Paste and Normal Procedure:
    • “RuPay just copy pasted from Visa,” I was likely referring to similarities in the chargeback codes and processes between RuPay and Visa. However, as you rightly pointed out, this is a common practice in the industry. Many payment networks adopt similar procedures because they serve as effective tools for handling chargebacks.
    • The term “copy-paste” here doesn’t imply a lack of originality; rather, it highlights the standardized nature of these processes.
  2. Chargeback Timings:
    • You’re absolutely correct that chargeback resolution times can vary significantly. While Visa’s process took over 90 days in your case, RuPay/UPI aims for a faster resolution within 30 days.
    • However, as you rightly mentioned, these timelines are often “on paper.” The reality can be quite different due to various factors, including communication delays, bureaucracy, and individual case complexities.
  3. Acquiring Bank and Merchant Support:
    • The efficiency of chargeback resolution depends on the cooperation of multiple parties: the cardholder (you), the acquiring bank (which processes transactions for the merchant), and the merchant itself.
    • If any of these entities delay or mishandle the process, it can significantly impact the overall resolution time.
  4. India’s Refund Challenges:
    • Your final statement hits the nail on the head: “in India, getting a refund = nightmare as any card except amex.” Unfortunately, this sentiment resonates with many consumers.
    • While payment networks strive to improve their processes, the ground reality often involves frustration and delays for cardholders seeking refunds banks take us customers for fools.
In summary, both Visa and RuPay/UPI have their strengths and weaknesses. The key lies in continuous improvement, transparency, and efficient collaboration among all stakeholders to ensure smoother chargeback experiences for consumers.

But for Rupay is make in india & it is playing in its home stadium & have higher expectations like crediting the customer account with the disputed amount until dispute resolution

Last edited:

Abhishek012

TF Pioneer
  1. Copy-Paste and Normal Procedure:
    • “RuPay just copy pasted from Visa,” I was likely referring to similarities in the chargeback codes and processes between RuPay and Visa. However, as you rightly pointed out, this is a common practice in the industry. Many payment networks adopt similar procedures because they serve as effective tools for handling chargebacks.
    • The term “copy-paste” here doesn’t imply a lack of originality; rather, it highlights the standardized nature of these processes.
  2. Chargeback Timings:
    • You’re absolutely correct that chargeback resolution times can vary significantly. While Visa’s process took over 90 days in your case, RuPay/UPI aims for a faster resolution within 30 days.
    • However, as you rightly mentioned, these timelines are often “on paper.” The reality can be quite different due to various factors, including communication delays, bureaucracy, and individual case complexities.
  3. Acquiring Bank and Merchant Support:
    • The efficiency of chargeback resolution depends on the cooperation of multiple parties: the cardholder (you), the acquiring bank (which processes transactions for the merchant), and the merchant itself.
    • If any of these entities delay or mishandle the process, it can significantly impact the overall resolution time.
  4. India’s Refund Challenges:
    • Your final statement hits the nail on the head: “in India, getting a refund = nightmare as any card except amex.” Unfortunately, this sentiment resonates with many consumers.
    • While payment networks strive to improve their processes, the ground reality often involves frustration and delays for cardholders seeking refunds banks take us customers for fools.
In summary, both Visa and RuPay/UPI have their strengths and weaknesses. The key lies in continuous improvement, transparency, and efficient collaboration among all stakeholders to ensure smoother chargeback experiences for consumers.

But for Rupay is make in india & it is playing in its home stadium & have higher expectations like crediting the customer account with the disputed amount until dispute resolution
Why are your messages like chatgpt ?

I copy paste my above msg on chatgpt and got approx similar type of reply from ChatGPT. 🤣🤣

Why are your messages like chatgpt ?

I copy paste my above msg on chatgpt and got approx similar type of reply from ChatGPT. 🤣🤣

Real question is why you copy pasting the message on chatgpt ?

As for your real question, I appreciate your curiosity!

Natural diligence vs AI language models,
have different underlying architectures and training data
yet it’s fascinating to see how similar responses can emerge from different sources

Ah, the delightful quirks of AI! 🤖 It seems like we’re all part of the same digital family, sharing our linguistic genes.

Anways if you are already using chatgpt then would recommend microsoft copilot instead as its version 4 which is indeed an advanced version

Last edited:

techt

TF Legend
Slowly we wil be pushed to use normal UPI or cash where ever we used cc on upi
yes .. bound to happen thats why EMV are relaxing not in a hurry to enter into UPI CC.
Simpsons Apocalypse GIF

Abhishek012

TF Pioneer
EMV stands for Europay, MasterCard, and Visa.
Sesame Street Fainting GIF
Europay card discontinued decades ago.

Visa/mastercard is rival company, maximum chance they will never allow their Credit Card to link with UPI.

If India tries to forcefully link UPI with Visa/mastercard credit card.

Visa/MasterCard will go to International Court of Justice against Indian govt/RBI.

djrocky

TF Buzz
Saturday i visited my dental clinic, they've stopped credit cards on thier UPI

Today went to a pani puri stall ,Credit cards stopped on upi

These things are increasing sharply day by day

I am also facing similar problem. Many known dental clinics, chemists, shops, small retailers have stopped credit cards completely or asking for 2% extra.

I am quite late in the Rupay card party especially where it can work over UPI.
Lately started using wallet UPI for ease and safety.

From the upi scan codes and transaction history, is there any way to check if Rupay card over upi will work for such shops and small vendors ?
I am planning to get one and need to see if it's really worth to get (and manage) another card (Rupay)