• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

UPI killing usage of cards

iamdhamo

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Cos of UPI merchants are asking to use to pay via UPI instead of cc and this makes a cause where in the same shop I had used cc now I m using UPI. Also the merchant has stopped to accept upi via rupay cc. Incase if I ask cc payment then he asks the mdr to be paid by me

Hence my cc is also dormant n my rupay cc is also dormant.

Have you people started to face this scenario?

dan873

TF Select
Kaha se yeh sab bakwas info late ho, RuPay is not going to allow chargeback ?

Khud se ghar me banate ho ya kahi class join kiye ho uneducated hone ka ?

Paheli baat toh fruit seller se kon chargeback karta hai, dusri baat chargeback sab me hote hai. UPI and RuPay etc sab me.

Read this story -

upi.jpg
Chargeback is allowed on rupay UPI transaction?
Can It be used in normal UPI bank transfers too??

It could revolutionary if this works probably put an end to many scams

techt

TF Legend

Paheli baat toh fruit seller se kon chargeback karta hai, dusri baat chargeback sab me hote hai. UPI and RuPay etc sab me.

Read this story -

upi.jpg
Well charged against him 👏

Abhishek012

TF Pioneer
Chargeback is allowed on rupay UPI transaction?
Can It be used in normal UPI bank transfers too??

It could revolutionary if this works probably put an end to many scams
Yes, RuPay CC UPI chargeback allowed.

Normal UPI P2P - Well, wrong UPI transfer chargeback allowed, UPI P2M (Merchant UPI) - yes full chargeback process allowed.

karunjay

TF Buzz
you may consider activating your credit cards for regular use or exploring alternative payment options such as digital wallets that support both UPI and card payments. OR you can discuss the discount rate issue with the merchant and negotiate a mutually acceptable solution.

If you read correctly I said rupay wont bother for chargeback from fruit seller which again defeats the purpose of using cc = buyer protection. Advertisement ≠ Reality as even raising chargeback from major networks is challenging in India due to the country specific malpractice of issuing banks requiring confirmation of refund 1st from seller; which again stems from non enforcement & zero awareness of consumer rights & ignorance + innocence of indian buyers/consumers.
I can be illiterate & uneducated as fack but what I have said are facts which remain true regardless.

Again this very slave mentality is wrong with buyers in india who have given up hope & got used to the non existence of consumer rights due to being repeatedly hamped in the arsh by sellers/merchants on daily basis who even have the audacity to ask to cover merchannt's mdr%=illegal. UPI & rupay CC+UPI will again promote that indian buyers get hamped in the arsh by seller/merchant mentality. So yes if a fruit was bad quality then CC assures buyer protection (Reason Code 13.3: Consumer Disputes) via chargeback (Not As Described Or Defective Merchandise/Services) maybe not in India but in USA.
UPI =Cash . So chargeback for UPI = the biggest dump of vul cit. If chargeback via UPI was possible then why so many frauds & govt advertising not to send money as even govt knows that once money gone then even govt cannot save ur arsh

Abhishek012, I understand that you’re passionate about this topic, and I appreciate your perspective. Let’s break down some of the points you’ve raised:

1. RuPay and Chargebacks:
    • Rightly pointed out that RuPay cards may not be as robust in terms of chargeback protection as some other major networks. Chargebacks can indeed be challenging in India due to specific practices by issuing banks.
    • The lack of awareness about consumer rights and the innocence of Indian buyers can contribute to this issue.
  2. Fruit Seller Chargebacks:
    • You mentioned that it’s unlikely for someone to raise a chargeback against a fruit seller. This is true; chargebacks are more commonly associated with larger transactions or online purchases.
    • However, the absence of chargebacks from smaller vendors doesn’t negate the overall value of credit cards for buyer protection.
  3. UPI and RuPay:
    • UPI and RuPay are essential payment systems in India, but they operate differently from credit cards.
    • While chargebacks are less common with UPI, it’s essential to recognize that these systems serve different purposes. UPI is primarily for instant fund transfers, whereas credit cards offer additional protections.
  4. Consumer Rights and Awareness:
    • Highlighted the lack of consumer rights enforcement and awareness in India. This is indeed an issue that needs attention.
    • In the USA, credit cards provide stronger buyer protection through chargebacks, especially for cases like receiving defective merchandise.
  5. UPI as Cash Equivalent:
    • UPI transactions are akin to cash payments. Unlike credit cards, UPI doesn’t offer the same chargeback mechanism.
    • Fraud prevention and awareness are crucial, and the government’s efforts to educate people about safe transactions are commendable.
Remember that each payment system has its strengths and limitations. While credit cards excel in buyer protection, UPI and RuPay serve different purposes. It’s essential for consumers to understand their options and make informed choices based on their needs and circumstances. 🌟

Last edited:

techt

TF Legend
If you read correctly I said rupay wont bother for chargeback from fruit seller which again defeats the purpose of using cc = buyer protection. Advertisement Reality as even raising chargeback from major networks is challenging in India due to the country specific malpractice of issuing banks requiring confirmation of refund 1st from seller; which again stems from non enforcement & zero awareness of consumer rights & ignorance + innocence of indian buyers/consumers.

I can be illiterate & uneducated as fack but what I have said are facts which remain true regardless.
@Abhishek012 if you gonna reply to this please use normal font and English, so we all can read.