• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Best upi app

yobro

TF Select
How would you rate payzapp in comparison to Gpay/phonepe?
I just used payzapp to make my 1st payment and interface was awesome.
What is ur review of the same?

RedCardRef

TF Buzz
Slice has a decent UI. We need to hold to scan a QR. Bit awkward at first until I became used to. Requires PIN/face/fingerprint to login. I am used to skip this step with GPay or PhonePe.

Slice requires SMS and it checks the permission once a day.

Slice already got approval to merge with NE SFB. So. I am betting on it for long term sustainability.

I only use slice with its PPI wallet (for UPI). Zero failures so far.

Like every other app, slice has its own cons. There is no way to give nickname to the recipients. No way to mark favorites. No ability to send a note along with UPI. We can make a personal note after completing the payment, though. All these are minor issues that can be improved later on. An important feature that I miss (compared to GPay or phonepe) is that there is no widget shortcut for a quick scan and pay.
I switched to slice after having been a heavy user of PPBL, had a direct shortcut on the homescreen to scan the QR code in Paytm. Slice lacks this feature, I asked them multiple times on email to add a "Scan to Pay" shortcut for the app but so far no progress.

Also the slice app gives haptic feedback when I am navigating from page to page. I have difficulty holding the phone when it vibrates or gives haptic feedback, I tried to prevent the app from doing this but there is no way to override this behavior in Android atleast. Sent them an email asking them how to turn off the haptic feedback, they got back to me saying this is not possible.

My last and final gripe with slice is that they don't allow the user to customize the VPA, so it is always phonenumber@slice. So each time I make a payment my phone number keeps getting reflected on the receivers end. I want to avoid this.

I am wondering is there any other light weight app which allows PIN free UPI payments and allows the user to customize the UPI ID? I am already aware of iMobilePay and HDFC, I was wondering if there are any other apps that solve this problem elegantly.

My last and final gripe with slice is that they don't allow the user to customize the VPA, so it is always phonenumber@slice. So each time I make a payment my phone number keeps getting reflected on the receivers end. I want to avoid this.
I downloaded slice few days back for my cousin to use and I was able to edit the vpa. They DO allow creating custom vpa but only once.

pothi

TF Premier
RML Group
I downloaded slice few days back for my cousin to use and I was able to edit the vpa. They DO allow creating custom vpa but only once.

I can confirm this. I signed up last month. However, I can't change it now. The option to customise the VPA may be available only once, at the time of signing up.

am wondering is there any other light weight app which allows PIN free UPI payments and allows the user to customize the UPI ID?

PhonePe with UPI Lite allows custom VPA, but PIN free payment is limited to what UPI Lite allows.

COSMOCRAT

TF Premier
BHIM is giving 'Your bank doesn't allow this' error whenever I try to go in recharge or pay bill options
Slice is not allowing me to sign up with my Protonmail email

I installed Mobikwik with mixed mind, will see how it goes.

nits123

TF Select
I switched to slice after having been a heavy user of PPBL, had a direct shortcut on the homescreen to scan the QR code in Paytm. Slice lacks this feature, I asked them multiple times on email to add a "Scan to Pay" shortcut for the app but so far no progress.

Also the slice app gives haptic feedback when I am navigating from page to page. I have difficulty holding the phone when it vibrates or gives haptic feedback, I tried to prevent the app from doing this but there is no way to override this behavior in Android atleast. Sent them an email asking them how to turn off the haptic feedback, they got back to me saying this is not possible.

I am wondering is there any other light weight app which allows PIN free UPI payments and allows the user to customize the UPI ID? I am already aware of iMobilePay and HDFC, I was wondering if there are any other apps that solve this problem elegantly.
Yespay next and Bhim allows custom VPA but you can change only once. Yespay next allow scan & pay shortcut on homescreen

Oscar

TF Premier
Contributor
VIP Lounge
This is how the first QR code was generated, giving rise to the inception of UPI.
Now don't try to scan it with your favourite UPI (mine is always GPay, somehow I connected with it) and get kicked out!

438793579_862040369271502_493148642098144336_n.jpg