• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Seeking Guidance: Choosing the Best UPI App in 2024

VibhavBilgoji

TF Premier

Choosing the Best UPI App in 2024​

I'm writing to seek your assistance in choosing the best UPI app for my needs in 2024. With the vast array of options available, making an informed decision can be overwhelming.

I'm primarily looking for an app that excels in the following aspects:

• User Interface: A clean, intuitive, and user-friendly interface that allows for quick and effortless navigation.
  • Offers: Attractive cashback, discounts, and rewards on UPI transactions, bill payments, recharges, etc.
  • Wallet Features: Robust wallet functionality with features like expense tracking, budget management, and investment options (if available).
  • Card Facilities: Seamless integration with credit and debit cards for payments, recharges, and bill payments.
  • App Performance: Smooth and lag-free experience with appealing animations (if used tastefully).
  • Overall Experience: A positive and enjoyable experience that exceeds expectations across all features mentioned above.

To provide some context, I typically use Payzapp for UPI payments. However, I'm open to exploring new options that offer a better overall experience.
Additionally, if you could share any specific insights or tips on features, functionality, or hidden gems I may have missed, it would be incredibly helpful.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge

I'm writing to seek your assistance in choosing the best UPI app for my needs in 2024. With the vast array of options available, making an informed decision can be overwhelming.

• User Interface: A clean, intuitive, and user-friendly interface that allows for quick and effortless navigation.
  • Offers: Attractive cashback, discounts, and rewards on UPI transactions, bill payments, recharges, etc.
  • Wallet Features: Robust wallet functionality with features like expense tracking, budget management, and investment options (if available).
  • Card Facilities: Seamless integration with credit and debit cards for payments, recharges, and bill payments.
  • App Performance: Smooth and lag-free experience with appealing animations (if used tastefully).
  • Overall Experience: A positive and enjoyable experience that exceeds expectations across all features mentioned above.

To provide some context, I typically use Payzapp for UPI payments. However, I'm open to exploring new options that offer a better overall experience.
Additionally, if you could share any specific insights or tips on features, functionality, or hidden gems I may have missed, it would be incredibly helpful.
PAYTM . .

varun__goel_

TF Legend

Check slice once ..

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge

Use paytm with upi lite . For small payment .
Best .
Nothing beats Paytm in their UI fluidity

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Upi lite . Upi .
Is all done by npci not Paytm..
Other than Millniea*wallet reload ..
None used Paytm bank or Paytm wallet.
okay . okay who ever done at he bank end.. you want front end paytam karo ... ;)which is good.. I like it for it’s simple yet versatile app

Last edited:

quino

TF Premier
RML Group
I use slice wallet, haven't linked any bank acc. After every txn it asks to play a game similar to fruit ninja🤣🤣. I 've received upto Rs 8🤑/txn
shifting from paytm wallet thinking of using slice wallet without linking any bank acc. could you answer few doubts:

1. how's the experience of upi? any failed/processing..... transactions you faced?
2. do they force the default mobileno@slice or can it be modified to customupi@slice by removing the mobileno@slice upi id?
3. loading via dc & cc possible? MCC code?
4. any daily/monthly limits? or any limitation on no.of transactions.
5. some upi apps have the shitty location mandatory thing. does this one too?

Reactions: SSV

varun__goel_

TF Legend
shifting from paytm wallet thinking of using slice wallet without linking any bank acc. could you answer few doubts:

1. how's the experience of upi? any failed/processing..... transactions you faced?
2. do they force the default mobileno@slice or can it be modified to customupi@slice by removing the mobileno@slice upi id?
3. loading via dc & cc possible? MCC code?
4. any daily/monthly limits? or any limitation on no.of transactions.
5. some upi apps have the shitty location mandatory thing. does this one too?
1. Never
2. Yes, the force mobile no
3. DC - for me enabled, but for some it has been disabled. CC - charges. No idea regarding mcc.
4. 2L/month and 1L/txn
5. No

Kiwi and mobikkwik

Slice is prepaid wallet linked to UPI. Slice rewards for UPI is not good. But it does have the advantage of using a mobile no that is not linked to any of your bank acct. Works best if you are using two handsets, with the bank linked no in one handset and slice wallet linked no in another handset. There is no special wallet feature or auto card linked feature as required by OP. However, app experience is smooth.
No option for CC-UPI. But as OP is already using Payzapp so guess that is not needed.

coolguy1

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Most people think Paytm is shutting down on 29th Feb.

But to clarify again, Paytm banks is shutting down and most people didn't have any account with them so it doesn't matter.

Paytm will run like normal, just like Google Pay does.

Pay all your bills, transfer money to your friends, pay at shops, recharge, whatever you want and it works like normal.

What can you not do?

Add money to your payment wallet, which should be fine like what's the point? Pay directly from your bank account with UPI.
The money rotators will feel bad that they can't add money from their credit cards but they will find another app soon.

So, yeah, coming back to the best UPI apps:

1. Paytm
2. PhonePe
3. Google Pay

VibhavBilgoji

TF Premier
Most people think Paytm is shutting down on 29th Feb.

But to clarify again, Paytm banks is shutting down and most people didn't have any account with them so it doesn't matter.

Paytm will run like normal, just like Google Pay does.

Pay all your bills, transfer money to your friends, pay at shops, recharge, whatever you want and it works like normal.

What can you not do?

Add money to your payment wallet, which should be fine like what's the point? Pay directly from your bank account with UPI.
The money rotators will feel bad that they can't add money from their credit cards but they will find another app soon.

So, yeah, coming back to the best UPI apps:

1. Paytm
2. PhonePe
3. Google Pay
there used to be lot of offers on paying via Paytm Wallet, ig we won't see those now😔