• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Seeking Guidance: Choosing the Best UPI App in 2024

VibhavBilgoji

TF Premier

Choosing the Best UPI App in 2024​

I'm writing to seek your assistance in choosing the best UPI app for my needs in 2024. With the vast array of options available, making an informed decision can be overwhelming.

I'm primarily looking for an app that excels in the following aspects:

• User Interface: A clean, intuitive, and user-friendly interface that allows for quick and effortless navigation.
  • Offers: Attractive cashback, discounts, and rewards on UPI transactions, bill payments, recharges, etc.
  • Wallet Features: Robust wallet functionality with features like expense tracking, budget management, and investment options (if available).
  • Card Facilities: Seamless integration with credit and debit cards for payments, recharges, and bill payments.
  • App Performance: Smooth and lag-free experience with appealing animations (if used tastefully).
  • Overall Experience: A positive and enjoyable experience that exceeds expectations across all features mentioned above.

To provide some context, I typically use Payzapp for UPI payments. However, I'm open to exploring new options that offer a better overall experience.
Additionally, if you could share any specific insights or tips on features, functionality, or hidden gems I may have missed, it would be incredibly helpful.

NTT

TF Buzz
I am surprised no one talked about Amazon pay...
i mean it has a wallet, credit card to UPI, and also gives good rewards
Only last evening I tried Amazon pay UPI first time.. and had to De register as they don't allow custom UPI handles/IDs.

I am not sure of early days but till today there was no option for custom IDs for new Customers of Amazon pay.

NTT

TF Buzz
Yep, I too did for the same reason.

They don't know customer intention and privacy, even Paytm forgot the same and withdrawn some good features.😂
Interestingly:

Government is concerned and doing meetings with third party payments apps and other stake holders and also spending monetary (bhim rewards) and regulatory resources on preventing Duopoly of G.Pay/PhonePe....

Why not invest half of that on Bhim App and making it less erratic and more stable.

There is another Good contender SBI's own Bhim Payment app. Works nicely. Only reason I stopped using because it doesn't have option to add rupay on UPI and doesn't allow any screenshot if we need for any reason. SBI could create a Good competition for Other apps out there. But things work as they do.

No option than to stay optimistic.

Last edited:

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Interestingly:

Government is concerned and doing meetings with third party payments apps and other stake holders and also spending monetary (bhim rewards) and regulatory resources on preventing Duopoly of G.Pay/PhonePe....

Why not invest half of that on Bhim App and making it less erratic and more stable.

There is another Good contender SBI's own Bhim Payment app. Works nicely. Only reason I stopped using because it doesn't have option to add rupay on UPI and doesn't allow any screenshot if we need for any reason. SBI could create a Good competition for Other apps out there. But things work as they do.

No option than to stay optimistic.
Gov job is not to dominate Market economy.

Not all the things gov can do ..

It should make laws & watch it implementation.

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Haha that's why BHIM was launched? 😂

Kuch bhi 😂

Gov bol raha hai tum bhi khelo ham bhi khelte hai...😂

Najayaz faida koi nahi uthayegaa 😎
Having a product is different thing , dominating the field is different.

BSNL is there but gov has given free market to telecom operator.
For certain things gov need to maintain their presence

#aniket

TF Ace
Having a product is different thing , dominating the field is different.

BSNL is there but gov has given free market to telecom operator.
For certain things gov need to maintain their presence
So you meant that rewarding offer was not to lure customer and bring on the platform?

What was the intention if it was not to grab market's share? 😂

I too meant the same thing, it can dominate by using power of authority, need to maintain healthy competition.

Other governing bodies are able to look after it. 😂

NTT

TF Buzz
Gov job is not to dominate Market economy.

Not all the things gov can do ..

It should make laws & watch it implementation.
I totally get your logic here. My only point is:

Either exit the field or be a force to reckon with/be reliable as long you are in field. Here field is payment apps/UPI apps.

Either close Bhim and let only private players drive the market or be there as an important player.

PS: I purposely didn't mention here SBI bhim app, that is a duplicacy of Governments efforts for practical purposes (SBI being a PSU).

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
So you meant that rewarding offer was not to lure customer and bring on the platform?

I too meant the same thing, it can dominate by using power of authority, need to maintain healthy competition.

There is no more offer on doing upi

It's on rupay UPI

So yeah just promotion
And just like visa
Rupay have own version of benefits in terms of tier of their cards

Transpointer

TF Premier
VIP Lounge

I think that the offer was not really to grab market share but to introduce people to the concept of credit cards on upi

vine

TF Premier
Paytm just updated for me.
I see only the mobile number@ptxx options are visible.
BUT the old Paytm vpa still works.
So, is that going to be removed sometime later or can we keep using it.

#aniket

TF Ace
Paytm just updated for me.
I see only the mobile number@ptxx options are visible.
But you can't set your old VPA as default, mobile number@ptxx become default by itself.
BUT the old Paytm vpa still works.
Yes it do work, I think @paytm is migrated to Yes Bank.
So, is that going to be removed sometime later or can we keep using it.
I don't know, Paytm hasn't announced it either. Let's watch...🌝

Lobogris

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I rarely use UPI and when I do, I use HDFC Payzapp. It works quite well. Generally, tapping a credit card is much easier. For me, UPI is only good for the occasional one time payment to someone. In fact, almost all bank apps have the same scan QR code to pay function as well and another dedicated app isn’t even necessary.