• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Best upi app

yobro

TF Select
How would you rate payzapp in comparison to Gpay/phonepe?
I just used payzapp to make my 1st payment and interface was awesome.
What is ur review of the same?

chinnodu

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
I used the following UPI Apps;
Bhim
Samsung Pay
Payzapp

I find the functionality and interface of Samsung Pay best. The downside is, you get no rewards or returns.

Payzapp is good aa it comes with Smartbuy in it. We can earn 5% CB by spending in Smartbuy through wallet as well though you don't have HDFC CC or DC

Bhim is good in terms of its complete features and notifications about discounts on Rupay Card transactions

myfinquest

TF Buzz
If you are an android user don't use Paytm or Cred. They will force you for SMS permission and then misuse it to profile you and sell you things. They read and (mis)use ALL you SMS to track each and every thing about you. iMobile Pay also forces you for SMS permission and refuses to even open without the permission. I use GPay because it needs SMS permission only once during setup and you can turn if off after that.

The best UPI app for me will be one which does not need SMS permission and gives me option to see and send the verification SMS manually like it does on iPhones. Yes, these apps work on iPhones without reading your SMS because it is impossible to do so on iOS.
They both work without SMS permissions, just remove it in Android Permissions Manager, then ignore the prompts from these apps. I have created a separate email just for CRED and wrote rules to redirect my statements . CRED can read from there and show me the bills in the app.

joshuatree

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I used the following UPI Apps;
Bhim
Samsung Pay
Payzapp

I find the functionality and interface of Samsung Pay best. The downside is, you get no rewards or returns.

Payzapp is good aa it comes with Smartbuy in it. We can earn 5% CB by spending in Smartbuy through wallet as well though you don't have HDFC CC or DC

Bhim is good in terms of its complete features and notifications about discounts on Rupay Card transactions

Lots of folks talking about BHIM. Gotta try it!

chandra.prakash

TF Premier
Paytm is best if you use Rupay credit card for UPI payment...Reason: In my case, 90% merchant accounts are not recognized by other shitty apps like gpay, phonepe etc....Only paytm recognize the merchant accounts correctly and i can use rupay credit card to make payment...

Paytm Karo :)
Yes, also at time of payment 😀 f credit card option show them payment will surely success and if credit card not eligible for payment then card option not shown in Paytm at time of payment.

Prime Carlsen

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
They both work without SMS permissions, just remove it in Android Permissions Manager, then ignore the prompts from these apps. I have created a separate email just for CRED and wrote rules to redirect my statements . CRED can read from there and show me the bills in the app.

Agreed. At first, information asked from cred seems too much but most of it can be disabled easily. And the email itself is for more of a convenient feature which can be easily bypassed.

nits123

TF Select
Is there any advantage for bank UPIs for incoming?
failure rate of bank UPI is very less compared to 3rd party UPI apps....3rd party UPI apps have one more layer of connectivity with bank so chances of failure is more (Check customer reviews on Google play store).

Yes bank process 55% merchant transactions in india so i personally prefer yespay next after paytm fiasco (Allocating mobileno@ptyes as primary id and removing facility to check bank account holder name)..Paytm was my fav till they were processing their UPI payment through their Paytm Payment bank which had highest success rate among all the banks

Prime Carlsen

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I tried payzapp for a while, but its UPI id has mobile number and customer care said it can't be changed.

Also a major drawback I felt after coming from gpay was lack of conversational transaction history. Payzapp has passbook but it falls short for keeping track of repeated payments from specific people/merchant.

Bhim has sms issue. Paytm and phonepe are too cluttered imo.

I an trying cred again for a while, after confirming that most permissions can be disabled without any issues. And added a direct scan n pay widget to avoid all the gambling shenanigans every time I need to make a payment.

Still open for suggestions. I think I read on forum that slice has good and clear interface. Can any using slice give a review about it? Permissions and UI wise?

nits123

TF Select
I tried payzapp for a while, but its UPI id has mobile number and customer care said it can't be changed.

Also a major drawback I felt after coming from gpay was lack of conversational transaction history. Payzapp has passbook but it falls short for keeping track of repeated payments from specific people/merchant.

Bhim has sms issue. Paytm and phonepe are too cluttered imo.

I an trying cred again for a while, after confirming that most permissions can be disabled without any issues. And added a direct scan n pay widget to avoid all the gambling shenanigans every time I need to make a payment.

Still open for suggestions. I think I read on forum that slice has good and clear interface. Can any using slice give a review about it? Permissions and UI wise?
Cred is a serious threat to privacy (my personal opinion)....They take each and every permission under the sun.....At the time of signup, you need to provide explicit permission to them to access your credit report....If anyone who has access to your credit report then this permission cannot be revoked till you are using their service...Personally not comfortable with cred

Prime Carlsen

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
failure rate of bank UPI is very less compared to 3rd party UPI apps....3rd party UPI apps have one more layer of connectivity with bank so chances of failure is more (Check customer reviews on Google play store).

Yes bank process 55% merchant transactions in india so i personally prefer yespay next after paytm fiasco (Allocating mobileno@ptyes as primary id and removing facility to check bank account holder name)..Paytm was my fav till they were processing their UPI payment through their Paytm Payment bank which had highest success rate among all the banks

I agree with your first point, although never faced the issue personally so I don't consider it too high while deciding.

I didn't know about the merchant txn stat, very interesting that yes bank out of all leads it. After reading all the reviews here I will try it. I think someone said that it needs constant sms permission, let's see if that's the case.

Prime Carlsen

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Cred is a serious threat to privacy (my personal opinion)....They take each and every permission under the sun.....At the time of signup, you need to provide explicit permission to them to access your credit report....If anyone who has access to your credit report then this permission cannot be revoked till you are using their service...Personally not comfortable with cred

I checked the phone permissions. I don't recall cred having permanent credit report, I will check that. Thanks for informing!

pothi

TF Premier
RML Group
I read on forum that slice has good and clear interface. Can any using slice give a review about it? Permissions and UI wise?

Slice has a decent UI. We need to hold to scan a QR. Bit awkward at first until I became used to. Requires PIN/face/fingerprint to login. I am used to skip this step with GPay or PhonePe.

Slice requires SMS and it checks the permission once a day.

Slice already got approval to merge with NE SFB. So. I am betting on it for long term sustainability.

I only use slice with its PPI wallet (for UPI). Zero failures so far.

Like every other app, slice has its own cons. There is no way to give nickname to the recipients. No way to mark favorites. No ability to send a note along with UPI. We can make a personal note after completing the payment, though. All these are minor issues that can be improved later on. An important feature that I miss (compared to GPay or phonepe) is that there is no widget shortcut for a quick scan and pay.