• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

List of UPI Apps which does not need SMS Permission

nits123

TF Select
Recently, i came to know that SMS permission is not mandatory for UPI apps and it is required only at the time of registration. Only phone permission is mandatory all the times....I checked most of the UPI apps and all of them need SMS permission. I am looking for UPI app without SMS permission.

Some apps work without SMS permission for a day or two but again ask for SMS permission.

Till now, I have found only one UPI app which works without SMS permission and they also mention that it is not mandatory to provide SMS permission. The app is Samsung Wallet

If you know any other UPI app which does not need SMS permission, please share.

hundredth

TF Buzz
Then this will save me:
Screenshot_20240429-125436.jpg

This worked effectively, I have logged out from WhatsApp and then given contacts permission, though no saved contact name was shown there to me until turning off this feature for WhatsApp at that time. 😂

This work in a way, when there is secured mode enabled for a particular app, when that app takes that particular permission to fetch the data, it can only view blank data available. 😂
Can you please explain what this is and how to turn it on?

#aniket

TF Ace
To my surprise, Paytm has even withdrawn UPI International feature after rolling out new update, which was available earlier at Profile> UPI and Payment Settings> UPI Settings. Near to UPI payment requests and UPI automatic payments.

Not only this, it's also removed (sent to particular bank's logo) which was removed before also once and then added and then again removed this time.

Screenshot_20240429-130408.jpg

Screenshot_20240429-130452.jpg
We can't even check on sending or receiving money, other party bank's name & last 4 digits of account number. It's used to be under UPI's ID of sender/receiver in message section>particular individual> after clicking on particular txn.

Few months/ yr ago, dynamic QR option was also removed. 😂

Main feature: Customisation of UPI ID with letter was removed and forcefully shifted/ migrated primary UPI ID with Phone Number@Ptxxc though UPI number is already set to Phone number linked on Paytm itself.

Degrading the features and app day by day.

Guys can you confirm the same?
@SSV @hundredth @panchabhut

Last edited:

NTT

TF Buzz
To my surprise, Paytm has even withdrawn UPI International feature after rolling out new update, which was available earlier at Profile> UPI and Payment Settings> UPI Settings. Near to UPI payment requests and UPI automatic payments.

Not only this, it's also removed (sent to particular bank's logo) which was removed before also once and then added and then again removed this time.

Main feature: Customisation of UPI ID with letter was removed and forcefully shifted/ migrated primary UPI ID with Phone Number@Ptxxc though UPI number is already set to Phone number linked on Paytm itself.

They earlier offered credit line on UPI, now I don't see that in UPI setting page.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge

All because of recent RBI’s abundant ❤️ ❤️❤️

#aniket

TF Ace
All because of recent RBI’s abundant ❤️ ❤️❤️
How RBI's abundant matters for such features?

I believe it has nothing to do this in such features, Paytm has got TPAP certification and any TPAP can have and others TPAP do have such features, like Phonepe/ G-Pay.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
How RBI's abundant matters for such features?

I believe it has nothing to do this in such features, Paytm has got TPAP certification and any TPAP can have and others TPAP do have such features, like Phonepe/ G-Pay.
It’s out of excess fear now for paytm , they are rattled now , once dust settles , slowly slowly things become normal

#aniket

TF Ace
It’s out of excess fear no for paytm , no hey are rattled now , once dust settles , slowly slowly things become normal.
RBI 😎:

Fo6fIPeagAA5vQq.jpg

Paytm has already lost significant market's share. And now degrading the app's feature, it will lead to loose more.

When it looses it customer once, it's hard to retain back. There are tons of alternates and coz of good competition, rewarding as well, why one will stay if common necessary features get comprised. 😐

Last edited:
  • Hehe
Reactions: SSV

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
RBI 😎:

Fo6fIPeagAA5vQq.jpg

Paytm has already lost significant market's share. And now degrading the app's feature, it will lead to loose more.

When it loose it customer once, it's hard to retain back. There are tons of alternates and good competition and rewarding, why one will stay if common necessary features get comprised. 😐
True, what to do, that’s how life pans out in cycles…
When flying high,… it will go higher higher…
When times are bad , things get worse and worse.. before it becomes better (if lucky), otherwise natural death..
End of the cycle

#aniket

TF Ace
Which brand is it?
Sorry to say it's Infnix. 😐
They are some good features which are not available to other brands.

It lacks som other useful features which are available with other brands like Secured NFC feature where payment can only be possible after unlocking device even no fingerprint option, app locking doesn't work immediately, app pinning is not supported to all apps, where cloning is also supported only to few social media apps only. They are other compromisation as well in terms of features...🥲

Then this will save me:
Screenshot_20240429-125436.jpg

This worked effectively, I have logged out from WhatsApp and then given contacts permission, though no saved contact name was shown there to me until turning off this feature for WhatsApp at that time. 😂

This work in a way, when there is secured mode enabled for a particular app, when that app takes that particular permission to fetch the data, it can only view blank data available. 😂
Had this feature in my Realme 1

Sanskar

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Recently, i came to know that SMS permission is not mandatory for UPI apps and it is required only at the time of registration. Only phone permission is mandatory all the times....I checked most of the UPI apps and all of them need SMS permission. I am looking for UPI app without SMS permission.

Some apps work without SMS permission for a day or two but again ask for SMS permission.

Till now, I have found only one UPI app which works without SMS permission and they also mention that it is not mandatory to provide SMS permission. The app is Samsung Wallet

If you know any other UPI app which does not need SMS permission, please share.
For long-run have iPhone no app ask for SMS Permission

#aniket

TF Ace
Update: One another good feature is also disappeared, we can't check other party's bank's name and last 4 digits of account number which is used to be displayed on message section, on clicking particular txn between that individual.

Update: One another good feature is also disappeared, we can't check other party's bank's name and last 4 digits of account number which is used to be displayed on message section, on clicking particular txn between that individual.
How to delete all data from Paytm and close the account?
Also, is there any app which allows CC bill payment with DC and fast settlement?