• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Kotak credit card upgrade

nikzcool

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I have a kotak urbane credit card with limit of 6l, the card is 7 years old, cibil 780, privy league salary account.

Have called cc team and rm for card upgrade, both say that my account doesn't have any upgrade offer and they want me to use the contact us.

Anyone who can point me to the correct direction here on this ?

Looking for some premium ltf cards as Urbane is the most basic cc in Kotak folio.

Other cards I have with good Credit limit

Axis magnus
Hdfc dbc
Indus league
Icici ap

Tejo

TF Legend
I have a kotak urbane credit card with limit of 6l, the card is 7 years old, cibil 780, privy league salary account.

Have called cc team and rm for card upgrade, both say that my account doesn't have any upgrade offer and they want me to use the contact us.

Looking for some premium ltf cards as Urbane is the most basic cc in Kotak folio.

Axis magnus
Hdfc dbc
Indus league
Icici ap
you can get zen sign. card but need to call cc if you dont have upgrade option

avinash2711

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
T
I have already made the calls to Rm / Dm/ cc team.

They say no option but to wait unless any offer pops up in the app.

Using the contact us , have dropped the mail to their team.
Hi. They informed me the same thing due to my accnt variant. But I called multiple times to CC and asked for cancellation. Got upgraded to Zen from Royale. But due to address issue, I didn't get that process completed.

With your privy league accnt and 7 years old card you should be getting an upgrade

suhasa010

TF Premier
Raise a request for cancellation and don't budge until you get a proper upgrade. At least Zen Signature, up to Privy League Signature Credit Card.
Tell them that in spite of being a privy league customer you are stuck with a basic card with no rewards.

Rohan

TF Premier

Axis magnus
Hdfc dbc
Indus league
Icici ap

I suggest you to mail from kotak net banking inbox section regrading credit card upgradation. If you didn't got any positive response then call customer care and ask them to raise credit card cancellation request. You may get call from retention team by end of the day if you raise request within 11AM. Ask them to upgrade existing card to your preferred card.

nikzcool

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Received this Sad reply 😅

But I was too ambitious and had asked for White ltf.
Will make the call 2mrw, Hope to get a positive response.
I suggest you to mail from kotak net banking inbox section regrading credit card upgradation. If you didn't got any positive response then call customer care and ask them to raise credit card cancellation request. You may get call from retention team by end of the day if you raise request within 11AM. Ask them to upgrade existing card to your preferred card.
Raise a request for cancellation and don't budge until you get a proper upgrade. At least Zen Signature, up to Privy League Signature Credit Card.
Tell them that in spite of being a privy league customer you are stuck with a basic card with no rewards.

Screenshot_20230630_202647_Gmail.jpg

suhasa010

TF Premier
Received this Sad reply 😅

But I was too ambitious and had asked for White ltf.
Will make the call 2mrw, Hope to get a positive response.

Screenshot_20230630_202647_Gmail.jpg
Yeah if you ask customer care they'll give the same response. I also got the same "we are not sourcing lifetime free card" bullshit. After trying for a month over emails to get an upgrade on my Urbane, i took the cancellation route and they offered Mojo Platinum. Took it.

nikzcool

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Yeah if you ask customer care they'll give the same response. I also got the same "we are not sourcing lifetime free card" bullshit. After trying for a month over emails to get an upgrade on my Urbane, i took the cancellation route and they offered Mojo Platinum. Took it.
Paid or ltf ?

Scared to even make the call🤣
What if they cancel it in real🤣🤣

nikzcool

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Paid or ltf ?

Just made the call, they are offering zen signature as ltf.

Is it good enough ? Or should I push for some other card ?
Paid or ltf ?

DrTS

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
If you have a privy league account, you must have received an email about the new nomenclature and cards. Everyone in my family have a privy league account (Different levels though) and everyone got the email. If not, then confirm the privy league status with dedicated RM.

I had an optima account and got an email saying you get Kotak white card and Led debit card. And I upgraded both my debit and privy league signature credit card to White card last week.

nikzcool

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
If you have a privy league account, you must have received an email about the new nomenclature and cards. Everyone in my family have a privy league account (Different levels though) and everyone got the email. If not, then confirm the privy league status with dedicated RM.

I had an optima account and got an email saying you get Kotak white card and Led debit card. And I upgraded both my debit and privy league signature credit card to White card last week.
I think mine is Privy league Prima or something, not able to check which variant I have anywhere.

Also I didn't receive any mail for the conversion for cc, had received for dc though long back.

Currently no dedicated RM as old one left kotak and no replacement RM has been provided yet.

plastikman

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I think mine is Privy league Prima or something, not able to check which variant I have anywhere.

Also I didn't receive any mail for the conversion for cc, had received for dc though long back.

Currently no dedicated RM as old one left kotak and no replacement RM has been provided yet.
Try applying for a new DC. If it shows Neon card then you have Neon variant (erstwhile Prima) or if it shows privy Platinum then your account type is Platinum (erstwhile Optima).

nikzcool

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I know that but he is stating that he made the call and usually we cannot call retention team directly only they will call us.

That's the reason I asked
The cs executive itself, he said the privy league customer service rep have differnt authority compared to RM/ normal CS.

Also he said it's showing zen signature as pre approved for me since 20th june, I did check the net banking while on call, wherein it was still saying no upgrade possible.

retention team has the authority