• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

IDFC First Wealth Account eligibility requirement and benefits

Quantum

TF Premier
Hello,

IDFC website doesn't seem to list the eligibility criteria for opening an IDFC First Wealth Account.
From your recent first hand experience, could you please share the eligibility criteria?
Does the criteria need to be maintained throughout the lifetime of the Wealth account, similar to Axis Burgundy account, to avoid account downgrade?
Also, what credit cards one can expect or negotiate to get offered?
FYI, I'm not an existing IDFC customer.
Thanks!

Last edited:

pprakash11

TF Prestige
My IDFC First account has been upgraded to a Wealth account, and I have received the welcome kit. However, my app still shows the classic card and the emails do not have any wealth branding. According to forum posts, the card should reflect in the app first before being delivered, but in my case, the card has been delivered without updating in the app.
@S S V @Chaitanya-a @pprakash11
It takes some time. If not satisfied, call customer care.

Animal

TF Premier
My IDFC First account has been upgraded to a Wealth account, and I have received the welcome kit. However, my app still shows the classic card and the emails do not have any wealth branding. According to forum posts, the card should reflect in the app first before being delivered, but in my case, the card has been delivered without updating in the app.
@S S V @Chaitanya-a @pprakash11
@zaid_2913 , Can you share your journey getting upgraded to wealth relationship?

zaid_2913

TF Premier
@zaid_2913 , Can you share your journey getting upgraded to wealth relationship?
What did u do to upgrade it? I'm keeping balance of 4-5L. Did u get the call or should I contact branch?
I opened a zero-balance account a year ago but only started using it in January. In February, I deposited 20 lakhs for a property purchase. After 10 days, I contacted my Relationship Manager (RM), and he initiated the process."

leonneel

TF Premier
I opened a zero-balance account a year ago but only started using it in January. In February, I deposited 20 lakhs for a property purchase. After 10 days, I contacted my Relationship Manager (RM), and he initiated the process."
I called customer care and they told me I need to maintain 5L for 3 months for wealth and 3L for 3 months r select upgrade.
Also asked Amy accts RM number they told no rm was assigned to my acct.
How to find my RM number?
If I go to branch can they help?

R!ppEr

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
had opened a 0 bal account last year, planning for the first select by maintaining the MAB now, is this worth though? or should i try for some other bank ac?

sahil1033

TF Premier
I funded Rs. 10L to my IDFC First Bank savings account 2-3 days ago, there's no RM assigned to me. Should I wait for 1-3 months to get the update to Wealth triggered or do something from my end as well?

I know a guy who will open wealth at 5 L ..

Get new account ..
Would be a direct wealth .in few days .
To upgrade it's a luck
Not luck per se. Just maintain 10L for 90 days straight and call customer care for upgrade to Wealth. You'll receive the consent SMS within a week and account will be converted to Wealth within 1-2 weeks after the consent SMS

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Not luck per se. Just maintain 10L for 90 days straight and call customer care for upgrade to Wealth. You'll receive the consent SMS within a week and account will be converted to Wealth within 1-2 weeks after the consent SMS
Bro I know 2-3 agent call-ing me for new account with 5 lakh fund to get wealth via iP account opening..

I m suffering the same bro .
They just want me to open new account
Which I don't want to
I was in the same position. I reached out a branch manager in hometown and he promised me a Wealth Account if I maintain 10L as MAB for 3 months, after which he'll initiate the up-gradation process. I maintained 10L for about 50 days and by this point, my MAB was above 10L. As far as I can tell, they can only MAB for 30 days and not 90 days, unless they specifically chase down transactions for the past 90 days.

Then, I reached out a different manager in Hyderabad for Wealth Account upgrade request. He was happy to send me the upgrade consent SMS in a week and my account got upgraded after a week or so.

sm9811911

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
1st agree with bm as well. That’s my suggestion unless someone can confirm it’s fully automatic and fool proof, which I highly doubt.