• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

IDFC First Wealth Account eligibility requirement and benefits

Quantum

TF Premier
Hello,

IDFC website doesn't seem to list the eligibility criteria for opening an IDFC First Wealth Account.
From your recent first hand experience, could you please share the eligibility criteria?
Does the criteria need to be maintained throughout the lifetime of the Wealth account, similar to Axis Burgundy account, to avoid account downgrade?
Also, what credit cards one can expect or negotiate to get offered?
FYI, I'm not an existing IDFC customer.
Thanks!

Last edited:

sahil1033

TF Premier
I know a guy who will open wealth at 5 L ..

Get new account ..
Would be a direct wealth .in few days .
To upgrade it's a luck
I called IDFC First Bank's customer care and asked them to arrange a call back from branch manager or someone from the branch. Got a call in a few days, asked the person to upgrade to Wealth banking. He told me I need to maintain 3 lakhs MAB and shared the consent SMS which I accepted.

Waiting to be enrolled into Wealth banking now as it will take 7-10 days according to him.

gowmara

TF Buzz
I called IDFC First Bank's customer care and asked them to arrange a call back from branch manager or someone from the branch. Got a call in a few days, asked the person to upgrade to Wealth banking. He told me I need to maintain 3 lakhs MAB and shared the consent SMS which I accepted.

Waiting to be enrolled into Wealth banking now as it will take 7-10 days according to him.
Try your luck. For me nothing worked if it’s less than 10l , I maintained 10l and it approved within 3 days

sahil1033

TF Premier
Try your luck. For me nothing worked if it’s less than 10l , I maintained 10l and it approved within 3 days
I've kept Rs. 10 lakhs, 3 lakhs MAB is what the guy from bank mentioned in order to stay within the Wealth banking or else will be downgraded

as soon as I'm upgraded, I'll surely offload all the money ... I hope IDFC First Bank doesn't downgrades from Wealth to regular banking

sm9811911

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I've kept Rs. 10 lakhs, 3 lakhs MAB is what the guy from bank mentioned in order to stay within the Wealth banking or else will be downgraded

as soon as I'm upgraded, I'll surely offload all the money ... I hope IDFC First Bank doesn't downgrades from Wealth to regular banking
downgrade doesnt happen so easily. .

imuntitled

TF Premier
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
any location new account gets upgraded to Wealth with 5L IP. if they do overaction, just leave saying you already have that offer from another branch's Wealth manager.
i contacted a branch in Gurgaon and they told that 10L is the IP 😂
*i left immediately saying the same thing

Chitra007

TF Select
I deposited 10L in my bank account last week and requested for a Wealth program at the branch with a bank employee. He sent me a link to approve for privilege banking and replied that just wait till next week and your existing account will be upgraded to wealth. It's been a week and till now my bank account has not been upgraded to wealth and also that bank employee is not picking his phone. Should I wait for few more days?

Last edited:

jetesh

TF Premier
I deposited 10L in my bank account last week and requested for a Wealth program at the branch with a bank employee. He sent me a link to approve for privilege banking and replied that just wait till next week and your existing account will be upgraded to wealth. It's been a week and till now my bank account has not been upgraded to wealth and also that bank employee is not picking his phone. Should I wait for few more days?
After the acceptance, it usually takes 3-5 working days. I think there must be issue with the bank server.

Call IDFC Customer care and check the status with them.

Random123

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Does anyone have contact who can help conversion in Hyderabad for existing account with 10L AMB for last month (hasn't been 3 months yet) ?
RM is decent but says have to wait for 3 months to do the conversion. Thanks