• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

IDFC Select to Wealth upgrade

EnthuCC

TF Buzz
Hi, I have IDFC savings bank account under Select banking program.

I learned in this forum that if one can deposit 10L+ in savings account then it can be upgraded to Wealth account. Can anyone tell me for how long one needs to deposit 10L+ fund to get eligible for the upgrade for existing Select customers?

theflash

TF Premier
They don't budge on the MAB. I tried asking them about 7.5L funding but they denied straight away... Anyways I don't have any expectations now coz RM is trying to sell Guaranteed returns plan need to do a policy of 2L/yr.

navdeep22

TF Buzz
My friend contact RM and he guided through all possible processes for getting wealth debit and credit card. Please contact your RM, he will give you much clearer picture

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Q to everyone wanting to upgrade: why do you want to get wealth now?
Select dc rewards are almost same. Lower limit on rewards but more than enough for most users (higher rewards may get you in trouble as well)
Jb mil rha h toh lelo

Wealth has 3+3 lounge

Q to everyone wanting to upgrade: why do you want to get wealth now?
Select dc rewards are almost same. Lower limit on rewards but more than enough for most users (higher rewards may get you in trouble as well)
same even i want to know, i have select (and amb is more than 15L, so i can upgrade to wealth easily if i ask), but im curious as to why upgade. afaik you'll get one locker for free, and international lounges (i dont travel internationally), so are you guys wanting to upgrade?

exo

TF Buzz
Had opened IDFC account few years ago when branch opened across the street. Got Visa infinite card that time and was asked to maintain 25k balance. Have been parking extra funds in FDs in this account.

Wanted to upgrade to select since Oct last year and RM agreed but did not upgrade as I was not at home to collect new debit card.

Called customer care today but they told to talk to RM.

Are FDs counted or need amount as account balance only? If FD are counted then I will ask for wealth account directly.

I already have wealth CC. Wanted to upgrade account to select for airport lounge access since most of the credit cards have put spend criteria recently.

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Had opened IDFC account few years ago when branch opened across the street. Got Visa infinite card that time and was asked to maintain 25k balance. Have been parking extra funds in FDs in this account.

Wanted to upgrade to select since Oct last year and RM agreed but did not upgrade as I was not at home to collect new debit card.

Called customer care today but they told to talk to RM.

Are FDs counted or need amount as account balance only? If FD are counted then I will ask for wealth account directly.

I already have wealth CC. Wanted to upgrade account to select for airport lounge access since most of the credit cards have put spend criteria recently.
You must be pre eligible.
Just check with bm ...visit once they will send link it will be done in 5 Minutes if u r pre eligible and I m sure if u hold 5+ lakh fd u must be for select or wealth.

quino

TF Premier
hi guys, recently a Virtual RM was assigned to my acc. She casually asked me to maintain balance required for my Select acc. I said F**k no, and told her I added more than required for Wealth acc few months ago, branch ppl were doing notanki by asking ULIP investment etc. She said sorry, and that now if I add 10L she'll get it upgraded to Wealth in few days. Somehow she did it. Just got confirmation from her & that it'll be reflected in the app in few days.

navdeep22

TF Buzz
hi guys, recently a Virtual RM was assigned to my acc. She casually asked me to maintain balance required for my Select acc. I said F**k no, and told her I added more than required for Wealth acc few months ago, branch ppl were doing notanki by asking ULIP investment etc. She said sorry, and that now if I add 10L she'll get it upgraded to Wealth in few days. Somehow she did it. Just got confirmation from her & that it'll be reflected in the app in few days.
Just a question, does idfc wealth/select debit card allow T3 IGI arrival lounge? I tried wealth credit card they denied, but can see idfcfirst bank logo on their table

exo

TF Buzz
You must be pre eligible.
Just check with bm ...visit once they will send link it will be done in 5 Minutes if u r pre eligible and I m sure if u hold 5+ lakh fd u must be for select or wealth.
Visited branch today. Spoke to a person who was my RM previously. Now I have VRM it seems. He informed that I have pre-approved Select upgrade. Then I asked the criteria for Wealth account and he told it's 10L TRV which I am already meeting for few months.

He asked if I only do FDs and if I will be open to any other kind of investments. I said I only do FDs and Mutual Funds and stay away from ULIPs. He said he is talking about guaranteed return plan and they are not ULIPs. I said no.

I dont mind RM asking about ULIP investment. They are salesman and it's their job and they have targets.

So, He said he will do it but first he will need to get the select upgrade offer removed and then process wealth upgrade. So, I asked him to upgrade my wife Select account to Wealth account.

He said it will be done in a week. I don't feel it though. Let's see.

Once wife's account is upgraded, I will ask for my account upgrade.

theflash

TF Premier
That's mis information. Wealth has 10L Balance to be maintained for a Quarter/Half year for them to process the upgrade or the customer should have 30L ORV/TRV. I was told this by my RM.

It could differ from place to place maybe but I don't think there might be much difference...

exo

TF Buzz
That's mis information. Wealth has 10L Balance to be maintained for a Quarter/Half year for them to process the upgrade or the customer should have 30L ORV/TRV. I was told this by my RM.

It could differ from place to place maybe but I don't think there might be much difference...
They told (RM and another bank employee) that amount should be as balance. I told them what will the benefit of keeping the money as balance and also told them I read account freeze stories even with 3-4 UPI transactions.

At the end RM told he will get it done and I have his number.

This Bank branch is across street, so I won't mind visiting again if needed.

Sunil R

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Quick question:

My RM sent a link for a wealth upgrade, but it mentions "onboarding process for privilege program" instead of wealth. He said the link is the same for Select, Wealth, and Private. Is this true? Can anyone confirm if the link is the same for a wealth upgrade by looking at the picture below?

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2024-05-18 at 2.41.08 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2024-05-18 at 2.41.08 PM.jpeg
    83.5 KB · Views: 0