• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

IDFC Card Closure by Customer Care Mistake

himaga

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
I recently upgraded from classic to select with a 3L limit by mailing them, I had asked for wealth but they denied saying they can only update the limit to 3L. But Somehow my old classic card was still working, I asked them to block the old credit card specifically. But they somehow messed up and closed both my cards.

On mailing on banker@idfcfirstbank.com, They're saying "We wish to inform you that, as checked, you have given a request for credit card closure ending with xxxx, bearing service request number. However, as both the credit cards are linked to one account, both the cards have been blocked."
I had only asked them to block my previous card, which they should have done by default only. Any suggestion, Now what to do? In my app, only new card is showing that too as "Requested for closure".
Since I wanted my select card to be updated to wealth, should I just let it close and apply for a new card?