• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Getting Rid of the ICICI Amazon Pay Credit card - Experiences after closure

Collector_sahab

TF Premier
By now it is clear to us that if someone is holding a Amazon Pay co-branded ICICI credit card, then any chance of getting a pre-approved credit card offer OR CC Upgrade offer is very slim. However, if someone has got a regular ICICI credit card, can get the Amazon Pay card in future, if (elegibility criterias are met).
This thread is to being out the experience of such individuals who held Amazon Pay ICICI credit card in the past and have closed later. Do they have got regular credit card offers (pre-approved) after closure of the Apay card, considering you already hold a savings account with ICICI .

Copycat

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Why would you close a useful card like APay to get a useless card like most ICICI cards (except maybe LTF Emeralde/Sapphiro)?
For me: APay that provides unlimited 5% on Amazon purchases and unlimited 2% on Bill Pay (I don't have Ace) is a really useful card while the ICICI Gem cards are trash (unless one of the top end ones are offered LTF but even then not at the cost of my APay)

I understand of course that everyone's requirements are different which is why I asked the question

Collector_sahab

TF Premier
Why would you close a useful card like APay to get a useless card like most ICICI cards (except maybe LTF Emeralde/Sapphiro)?
For me: APay that provides unlimited 5% on Amazon purchases and unlimited 2% on Bill Pay (I don't have Ace) is a really useful card while the ICICI Gem cards are trash (unless one of the top end ones are offered LTF but even then not at the cost of my APay)

I understand of course that everyone's requirements are different which is why I asked the question
Because Apay card just acts like an Apay card, and Not like an ICICI credit card. And getting the apay cc doesn't let you get any other ICICI credit card offers, unless you already have one before.

Copycat

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Because Apay card just acts like an Apay card, and Not like an ICICI credit card. And getting the apay cc doesn't let you get any other ICICI credit card offers, unless you already have one before.
Had the same ICICI account for 20 years. Currently it is a Wealth account. Never got a single pre-approved offer before 2019 when I got the APay and never got a single offer after either. Don't care much, just want their Platinum card

Collector_sahab

TF Premier
Had the same ICICI account for 20 years. Currently it is a Wealth account. Never got a single pre-approved offer before 2019 when I got the APay and never got a single offer after either. Don't care much, just want their Platinum card
Yes, Apay is a good card even if you don't have peime subscription (for 5% cb), but along with that, a ICICI branded card is also required for all the ICICI exclusive offers (like 10% instant discount) across all online and offline merchants.

Batmanbaba

TF Legend
If u have apay.... Call and take either platinum ltf or mmt platinum ( joining fees 499+ gst) then ltf.. U will get thst 500 back in mmt wallet which u can use for travel... U are done with icici

Collector_sahab

TF Premier
I followed the expression trick steps mentioned here, got the customer care agree for an alternate card, and today I got multiple emails of 'Usage control status changed", confirming that my Platinum LTF card is generated. Although I don't see the card anywhere in net banking/imobile, but I am sure it's assigned. Special thanks the amazing TF community for bringing out these wonderful threads and those who helped me personally in this journey.
Also, Today I got two cards approved on the same day 😁.

Last edited:

Batmanbaba

TF Legend
I followed the expression trick steps mentioned here, got the customer care agree for an alternate card, and today I got multiple emails of 'Usage control status changed", confirming that my Platinum LTF card is generated. Although I don't see the card anywhere in net banking/imobile, but I am sure it's assigned. Special thanks the amazing TF community for bringing out these wonderful threads and those who helped me personally in this journey.
U will see it in 1-2 working day....., currently they are easily giving platinum ltf than earlier

Rohan

TF Premier
Congrats!! How many day should we keep expression card to update to platinum?

Yes, I also closed Amazon Pay card as I was getting better rewards through hdfc smartbuy. Sometimes Amazon gives better cashback for bill payments and recharges using UPI. It would be better card if cashback directly comes to card as statement credit.