• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How to change mapping of ICICI Amazon Pay CC to another Amazon account

sjmajumder

TF Ace
There were days when Amazon used to give good amount of cashbacks on bill payment every month and I used to have around 12 Amazon accounts (one for each mobile number held in the extended family). Incidentally I took my ICICI Amazon Pay CC not from my primary account as the offer did not reflect there. It was initial days and offer rolled out only to few Amazon accounts. The account I used to take the CC is not in use for quite sometime, only use to pay bills using the reward points I get.

I recently purchased a laptop from my primary account which is also a Prime account thinking I will get 5% cashback but got only 3. When reached out to support they said my card is mapped to non prime account so I got only 3% cashback and according to them there is no way to change the mapping of the CC from one Amazon account to another. The only option is either I buy prime membership in that Amazon account or close the card and apply again from my primary amazon account.

Anyone faced this issue? How did you resolve?

Update:
Today is the payment due date. I did not use it after the last statement was generated. Made the payment and submitted request for closure of the card by email.

Last edited:

Gaara

TF Ace
There were days when Amazon used to give good amount of cashbacks on bill payment every month and I used to have around 12 Amazon accounts (one for each mobile number held in the extended family). Incidentally I took my ICICI Amazon Pay CC not from my primary account as the offer did not reflect there. It was initial days and offer rolled out only to few Amazon accounts. The account I used to take the CC is not in use for quite sometime, only use to pay bills using the reward points I get.

I recently purchased a laptop from my primary account which is also a Prime account thinking I will get 5% cashback but got only 3. When reached out to support they said my card is mapped to non prime account so I got only 3% cashback and according to them there is no way to change the mapping of the CC from one Amazon account to another. The only option is either I buy prime membership in that Amazon account or close the card and apply again from my primary amazon account.

On the flip side, if our card is mapped to an account with Amazon Prime, you'll receive 5% cash back even when purchasing from a non-Prime account.
I use difffrent mails for banking and ecommers but cause of this mapping my ICICI card having ecomarce mail and I'm not able to change is as they said cashbank won't be tracked. The solution I was suggested by legends is - Switch to SBI cashback card 😄

Shubham Yadav

TF Legend

i think this not an issue

Purchase your product from your account where apay card mapped

sjmajumder

TF Ace
i think this not an issue

Purchase your product from your account where apay card mapped
There are challenges with that. I cannot make that my primary account as my PAN and Aadhaar is linked with my primary Amazon account. The mobile number belongs to someone else in the family. The email id is not monitored. Even if I change all these (not sure if email id can be changed) I will still have to purchase another prime membership. I have just renewed Prime membership on my primary account (less than 30 days).

I think the easier solution is to cancel the card and take a new one from my primary account - with added benefits of welcome bonus. The only thing is that ICICI should not reject it :D

sjmajumder

TF Ace
On the flip side, if our card is mapped to an account with Amazon Prime, you'll receive 5% cash back even when purchasing from a non-Prime account.
I use difffrent mails for banking and ecommers but cause of this mapping my ICICI card having ecomarce mail and I'm not able to change is as they said cashbank won't be tracked. The solution I was suggested by legends is - Switch to SBI cashback card 😄
Let me tell you changing anything on the card doesn't impact cashback. I have done it...tried and tested, you can trust me on that. I have changed both mobile and email id of the card hoping that it will get mapped to my primary amazon account - but no, nothing changed and cashback still comes every month in the same amazon account from which it was applied.

The flip side part is interesting and I have already thought of that. So, I think the best solution for me is to cancel the card and re-apply from my prime account.

Gaara

TF Ace
Let me tell you changing anything on the card doesn't impact cashback. I have done it...tried and tested, you can trust me on that. I have changed both mobile and email id of the card hoping that it will get mapped to my primary amazon account - but no, nothing changed and cashback still comes every month in the same amazon account from which it was applied.

The flip side part is interesting and I have already thought of that. So, I think the best solution for me is to cancel the card and re-apply from my prime account.
I find it quite relieving, because I genuinely needed to update my email ID. It’s been used across various e-commerce sites, and managing bank statements and alerts with that email has become quite challenging.

Gaara

TF Ace
There are challenges with that. I cannot make that my primary account as my PAN and Aadhaar is linked with my primary Amazon account. The mobile number belongs to someone else in the family. The email id is not monitored. Even if I change all these (not sure if email id can be changed) I will still have to purchase another prime membership. I have just renewed Prime membership on my primary account (less than 30 days).

I think the easier solution is to cancel the card and take a new one from my primary account - with added benefits of welcome bonus. The only thing is that ICICI should not reject it :D
1709720279044.png

Welcome benfit I got didn't cancel out the prime subscription ammount 😅

sjmajumder

TF Ace
I find it quite relieving, because I genuinely needed to update my email ID. It’s been used across various e-commerce sites, and managing bank statements and alerts with that email has become quite challenging.
I realized this about 2-3 years back and have created 3 accounts. One for banks, another for stocks/MF/NPS etc, another for everything else.

sjmajumder

TF Ace
I requested for cancellation on 6th.
Received confirmation mail of card cancellation on 12th.
Applied from my primary Amazon account on 13th, VKYC done same day.
Status - in process.

sjmajumder

TF Ace
What the new limit they approved?
I guess card would be shown in the iMobile app
Last time I got instant approval. Not sure why this time it is taking time. Last time I had only Platinum Chip LTF when I applied for Amazon Pay CC. This time I have Platinum Chip, Coral Rupay, Rubyx and Sapphiro. The approval should have been faster this time.

Gaara

TF Ace
Last time I got instant approval. Not sure why this time it is taking time. Last time I had only Platinum Chip LTF when I applied for Amazon Pay CC. This time I have Platinum Chip, Coral Rupay, Rubyx and Sapphiro. The approval should have been faster this time.

Considering that it’s March, the influx of new applications might be causing delays in processing.

Gaara

TF Ace
Could you please advise on how I can obtain the ICICI LTF (Lifetime Free) RubyX or Sapphiro credit cards? Currently, I hold the ICICI Amazon Pay (APay) and Rupay Coral cards, with a combined credit limit of 4.2 lakhs. Here are the details of my existing cards:

1. ICICI Amazon Pay (APay):
    • Total Spends: ₹3,09,007
  2. ICICI Rupay Coral:
    • Total Spends: ₹30,531
Combined Spends: ₹3,39,538

I’ve already contacted ICICI, and they mentioned that the upgrade will happen automatically. However, I’m only being offered paid upgrades to Shapparo, MMT Signature, and Merchant United Signature cards. Any guidance on obtaining the LTF RubyX or Sapphiro cards would be appreciated.