• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Amazon pay ICICI bank credit card cancelled automatically 1 day after receiving the card

Sha03

TF Select
I applied for Apay ICICI bank Credit card a week before and got delivered yesterday. I already hold 2 ICICI credit cards (BPCL and Coral Rupay) cards. The CIBIL got hit and the whole process got over in 5 days time.

I activated the card and my only transaction (for 150 rupees) yesterday was declined and today Out of nowhere I received a mail saying my card has been closed/cancelled as per my request.

I reached out to Customer care (twice) and they both told they had no information or reason on why the card got closed / cancelled one day after getting the card. They're asking me to reach out to the Bank in person to know the reason and also told the card would not be re-enabled and have to apply again if I need the card.

I was able to view the card yesterday in Ipay app and also set my pin and enabled transactions (Basically I activated the card the same day I received it). This is not the first card of ICICI aswell, and I have 2 year CIBIL history as well.

Any idea what would be the reason and what I need to do now? Anyone with a similar experience, please help !

I applied for Apay ICICI bank Credit card a week before and got delivered yesterday. I already hold 2 ICICI credit cards (BPCL and Coral Rupay) cards. The CIBIL got hit and the whole process got over in 5 days time.

I activated the card and my only transaction (for 150 rupees) yesterday was declined and today Out of nowhere I received a mail saying my card has been closed/cancelled as per my request.

I reached out to Customer care (twice) and they both told they had no information or reason on why the card got closed / cancelled one day after getting the card. They're asking me to reach out to the Bank in person to know the reason and also told the card would not be re-enabled and have to apply again if I need the card.

I was able to view the card yesterday in Ipay app and also set my pin and enabled transactions (Basically I activated the card the same day I received it). This is not the first card of ICICI aswell, and I have 2 year CIBIL history as well.

Any idea what would be the reason and what I need to do now? Anyone with a similar experience, please help !
I think it is related to the recent bug in icici and you got caught in between.

We need expert advice here.
@VISHESH_BANSAL
@DocFixIt

Bhai aur kisi ka yad nhi tum log kardo jisko tag karna h.

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Maybe th

They will issue new card

Text them on X ..
They will confirm & tell u exact reason or correct it

shashank08

TF Premier
I think it is related to the recent bug in icici and you got caught in between.

We need expert advice here.
@VISHESH_BANSAL
@DocFixIt

Bhai aur kisi ka yad nhi tum log kardo jisko tag karna h.
This was in the news as well. This could be the probable reason.

What ICICI Bank has said about the tech glitch​

“Our customers are our utmost priority and we are wholeheartedly dedicated to safe guarding their interests. It has come to our notice that about 17,000 new credit cards which were issued in the past few days were erroneously mapped in our digital channels to wrong users. They constitute about 0.1% of the Bank’s credit card portfolio. As an immediate measure, we have blocked these cards and are issuing new ones to the customers.

Sha03

TF Select
Please let me know the correct X id, please. Also, I was able to view my card on the icici app yesterday and set pin from amazon app and that was the exact date when ICICI froze the systems as well. @DocFixIt

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Thank you, @shashank08 , any other details other than last 4 digits and email id to be mentioned in the message while sending it to this X account?
Just tell ur problem
If u give last 4 digit of card
& Phone number

Nothing else required by them once they identify you from particular x I'd .

Next time u don't have to share contact number

Pls don't tweet rather direct dm

Sha03

TF Select
Thanks for the suggestions. Mich appreciated. I've DM'ed them with my last 4 digits, phone and mail id and the issue.

I'll update if anything good happens and from other forums I've discussed, many has received a message saying they would reissue the card, but for me straight closure.

silly_putty

TF Premier

Data breach hua hai ICICI me.

Sha03

TF Select
Stop being in that hurry n restlessness.

ICICI had blocked 17,000 cards.
They said they are replacing them.
It will take time - may be 2-3 weeks to do so.

Why have tension n unnecessarily get perturbed ?

You already have 2 other ICICI Cards.
My doubt is, everyone I've interacted with have received a message saying exactly what you've said. That their card is blocked and would receive a new card in 5 days. In my case I received an email saying they're closing the card and the account as per my request within a day after receiving the card (which I didn't raise)

s1t2y3a3m6

TF Premier
My doubt is, everyone I've interacted with have received a message saying exactly what you've said. That their card is blocked and would receive a new card in 5 days. In my case I received an email saying they're closing the card and the account as per my request within a day after receiving the card (which I didn't raise)
Did you dialed customer service?

s1t2y3a3m6

TF Premier
yeah, they told to apply again if i want the card and the card would not be reissued. idk why. I called 2 different numbers and got the same response
An easy way is DM your issue on Twitter and wait for their response which you already done.

Also write email to level 1 to 3 till your issue get resolved.