• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

ICICI savings bank account with amazon pay credit card - mis-selling alert

cardio_guy

TF Premier
Hello friends,

I wanted to bring attention to a significant issue with ICICI Bank. I applied for an Amazon Pay ICICI Bank credit card for my wife through the Amazon App. She received approval for the card and was informed that it would be delivered by Bluedart.

However, after 1-2 days, she received another email stating that her debit card and cheque book would also be delivered. I am quite surprised because I did not apply to open a bank account, yet they have opened one without informing me.

I do not want this account and I would like to close it. Could you please let me know the process for doing so? If they require me to visit their branch to close the account, it is unacceptable to me as I never requested a bank account in the first place.

If they expect me to visit their branch to close the account, this is unacceptable to me, considering that I never requested for a bank account in the first place.

If they refuse to close the account, would it be possible for me to approach the consumer court for grievance redressal? I would appreciate your guidance on the way forward.

Shubham Yadav

TF Legend
There's an consent box at time of VKYC. She might have clicked it, as we in general tick all the boxes without even reading.

IMG_20240229_182953.jpg
Icici ki buddhi bilkul ulti disha mai kyu chalti h

Ek taraf raghu ka account nhi kholte. Custome jata h khulwane toh nautanki chaloo h

Dusri taraf apay k sath hi desperately open kr dete h

Jabki hona ye chahiye ki apay application k baad bank ko ek mail sent krna chahiye customer ko or ask ki khulwana h account zero balance wala

imdjay

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Regarding the signature part... Yes, even for Credit Cards some banks take signature at the time of vKYC. Federal Bank is one among them. And to my surprise the agent asked for live signature (asked to sign in front of camera). I have never came across such instance of live signature earlier.
For me. During SBI Physical verification. The agent told me if anyone ask if I have done the signature, I should say yes. It means they also take signature maybe only while physical verification.

Pradumya

TF Premier
For me. During SBI Physical verification. The agent told me if anyone ask if I have done the signature, I should say yes. It means they also take signature maybe only while physical verification.
That signature thing is for physical verification where they do kyc or collect some documents.
Signature is Ki you have given the documents (salary slips, itr etc) by yourself.

Kaii baar wo signature jis page pe lena hota hai wo page nahi hota ya anyother reasons that's when they say ki bol dena sign kiye the

Krndeep

TF Buzz
I understand. However, I'm disappointed to mention the following issues -

1. I only applied through the Amazon app, and I don't recall giving consent to open an ICICI bank account.

2. I don't mind having a zero balance account, but it's extremely disappointing that I have to visit the branch to close it. It's weird because they don't require branch visits to open an account.

3. I provided my signature during the VKYC for the credit card application video call, and nowhere else.

4. I have a wealth management zero-balance salary account. Is it possible to convert her basic account to a WM account? I believe ICICI offers some family wealth management account facilities.

However, before addressing all of this, I will write a formal email to their customer care team expressing my concerns. At least then I will have some evidence of raising my concerns.
Based on 4th point.

U can link her account with yours for same benifits, only proceed with this if bank goves satisfactory reply why and how account was opened?

As account would be benifical in long run.

cardio_guy

TF Premier
Update: I have decided not to close this account. Here are a few reasons why:

1. It is a zero balance account, but only the debit card will incur charges (there is an annual maintenance charge for the debit card).

2. I have applied for a Rupay platinum debit card for this account.

3. It is linked to my family banking account, so it will also become a wealth management account and enjoy all the associated benefits.