• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

ICICI savings bank account with amazon pay credit card - mis-selling alert

cardio_guy

TF Premier
Hello friends,

I wanted to bring attention to a significant issue with ICICI Bank. I applied for an Amazon Pay ICICI Bank credit card for my wife through the Amazon App. She received approval for the card and was informed that it would be delivered by Bluedart.

However, after 1-2 days, she received another email stating that her debit card and cheque book would also be delivered. I am quite surprised because I did not apply to open a bank account, yet they have opened one without informing me.

I do not want this account and I would like to close it. Could you please let me know the process for doing so? If they require me to visit their branch to close the account, it is unacceptable to me as I never requested a bank account in the first place.

If they expect me to visit their branch to close the account, this is unacceptable to me, considering that I never requested for a bank account in the first place.

If they refuse to close the account, would it be possible for me to approach the consumer court for grievance redressal? I would appreciate your guidance on the way forward.

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Hello friends,

I wanted to bring attention to a significant issue with ICICI Bank. I applied for an Amazon Pay ICICI Bank credit card for my wife through the Amazon App. She received approval for the card and was informed that it would be delivered by Bluedart.

However, after 1-2 days, she received another email stating that her debit card and cheque book would also be delivered. I am quite surprised because I did not apply to open a bank account, yet they have opened one without informing me.

I do not want this account and I would like to close it. Could you please let me know the process for doing so? If they require me to visit their branch to close the account, it is unacceptable to me as I never requested a bank account in the first place.

If they expect me to visit their branch to close the account, this is unacceptable to me, considering that I never requested for a bank account in the first place.

If they refuse to close the account, would it be possible for me to approach the consumer court for grievance redressal? I would appreciate your guidance on the way forward.
Chill chill 😎

It's one of the way to open account in icici now ( zero balance)

First of all for court and all
You must have ticket the box which says u wanna open account
So u can't fight legal other than on sanctimony terms

2 - yes u can close but it's zero balance in case of emergency icici bank x icici bill pay is in mili seconds
U can order rupay platinum for Friday offer
3- did you upload signature?

If yes u know signature is only taken in savings account opening not in cc

Yes it's a mis sell but u ticked the consent box & gave permission unknowingly

cardio_guy

TF Premier
Chill chill 😎

It's one of the way to open account in icici now ( zero balance)

First of all for court and all
You must have ticket the box which says u wanna open account
So u can't fight legal other than on sanctimony terms

2 - yes u can close but it's zero balance in case of emergency icici bank x icici bill pay is in mili seconds
U can order rupay platinum for Friday offer

Yes it's a mis sell but u ticked the consent box & gave permission unknowingly

I understand. However, I'm disappointed to mention the following issues -

1. I only applied through the Amazon app, and I don't recall giving consent to open an ICICI bank account.

2. I don't mind having a zero balance account, but it's extremely disappointing that I have to visit the branch to close it. It's weird because they don't require branch visits to open an account.

3. I provided my signature during the VKYC for the credit card application video call, and nowhere else.

4. I have a wealth management zero-balance salary account. Is it possible to convert her basic account to a WM account? I believe ICICI offers some family wealth management account facilities.

However, before addressing all of this, I will write a formal email to their customer care team expressing my concerns. At least then I will have some evidence of raising my concerns.

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
I understand. However, I'm disappointed to mention the following issues -

1. I only applied through the Amazon app, and I don't recall giving consent to open an ICICI bank account.

2. I don't mind having a zero balance account, but it's extremely disappointing that I have to visit the branch to close it. It's weird because they don't require branch visits to open an account.

3. I provided my signature during the VKYC for the credit card application video call, and nowhere else.

4. I have a wealth management zero-balance salary account. Is it possible to convert her basic account to a WM account? I believe ICICI offers some family wealth management account facilities.

However, before addressing all of this, I will write a formal email to their customer care team expressing my concerns. At least then I will have some evidence of raising my concerns.

1- Yes there is consent box .u might have ticked indirectly

2- cordinate with icici to send Branch guy home and persist that u won't go to branch ..
DM them on Twitter ..
They will connect u to bm on call itself.. ask specific that u want guy on your home with closure form

3 only in savings account opening Signature is required not in credit card vkyc .. keep in mind for future

4- You opened or your wife opened new account

If your wife has opened

Then u can club Her in your wm .

Even after downgrade she will be forever zero balance.

So it's a win

You can mark as answer 😁

Trust Me

TF Ace

1. Signature (physical) is absolutely required for any physical application for a CC.

2. For online applications for a CC some kind of acceptance button(s) must be pressed (for the T&C and such) for the application to be accepted for processing. That is the signature! It doesn't have to be in a physical form always! :)

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
1. Signature (physical) is absolutely required for any physical application for a CC.

2. For online applications for a CC some kind of acceptance button(s) must be pressed (for the T&C and such) for the application to be accepted for processing. That is the signature! It doesn't have to be in a physical form always! :)
Bhai physical kyc is different compared to online kyc

#aniket

TF Ace
Hello friends,

Your concern was already addressed by @DocFixIt.

Anyway, so your wife being NTB, her Amz Pay ICICI got approved this easily?

Her CIBI Score?
Credit Age?
Occupation?
Income?
Or other relevant things, you think, triggered to approve the card immediately, share without disclosing sensitive details.

cardio_guy

TF Premier
Your concern was already addressed by @DocFixIt.

Anyway, so your wife being NTB, her Amz Pay ICICI got approved this easily?

Her CIBI Score?
Credit Age?
Occupation?
Income?
Or other relevant things, you think, triggered to approve the card immediately, share without disclosing sensitive details.

Few things - I spoke to RM and she informed me that recently, she has received similar complaints from various individuals. They reported that a bank account was opened along with the Apay CC application. She assured me that she would investigate the matter.

Regarding my wife's application, she is a new to bank customer, with a cibil score of 765. Her credit history is just over 1 year, and she is employed in a salaried occupation with a monthly income of 40k. Additionally, she is not an Amazon Prime member. I believe this is simply a matter of luck and nothing else.

ccgeek07

TF Premier
Regarding the signature part... Yes, even for Credit Cards some banks take signature at the time of vKYC. Federal Bank is one among them. And to my surprise the agent asked for live signature (asked to sign in front of camera). I have never came across such instance of live signature earlier.

varun__goel_

TF Legend
Few things - I spoke to RM and she informed me that recently, she has received similar complaints from various individuals. They reported that a bank account was opened along with the Apay CC application. She assured me that she would investigate the matter.

Regarding my wife's application, she is a new to bank customer, with a cibil score of 765. Her credit history is just over 1 year, and she is employed in a salaried occupation with a monthly income of 40k. Additionally, she is not an Amazon Prime member. I believe this is simply a matter of luck and nothing else.
There's an consent box at time of VKYC. She might have clicked it, as we in general tick all the boxes without even reading.

IMG_20240229_182953.jpg

#aniket

TF Ace
Yep, previously, many have reported the same thing, but shared that there was the need of consent, one has to tick to go through.
Thanks bro 🙃