• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Change Amazon account linked with Amazon Pay ICICI credit card

moonsmart

TF Premier
So I have two Amazon accounts, one personal and one business. Both registered with different numbers ofcourse.

I have a coral credit card with the number linked with personal Amazon account and a savings account linked with the number on business Amazon account.

When I tried to apply Amazon pay credit card using the personal account, it asked for Aadhaar and PAN details, so basically the full process which would have taken the long route (kyc, CIBIL enquiry and verification, the whole thing) so instead I tried applying through the business account and the application went through the OTP and entering card details route and Amazon pay card was instantly generated.

Now the problem is that I have to use the card on personal account since using it on the business account will get the card cancelled (confirmed it with Amazon pay ICICI customer care) but the cashback will go into the business account. Also, to get the 5% cashback I'll have to take the prime membership on business account but it'll be of no use since my personal account won't get the prime benefits.
So basically to get the 5% cashback and to get the prime benefits on the personal account I have to take prime membership on the accounts, which will be quite useless.

I talked to ICICI customer care to change the linked account of the Amazon pay credit card but they told me to contact Amazon customer care, and when I did that, they told me that accounts can't be changed because card is linked to the Amazon account. Even changing the mobile number won't work.

What would be best course of action.
If someone has been able to change the account linked with the card, kindly let me know.

My main objective is to get the card linked to my personal account.

Sorry for the long thread.

Update: The accounts were changed by the icici credit card team successfully. They asked me to send a mail from both the email which were linked to those accounts twice.
Just send a mail to customersupport@icicibank.com

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-01-23 at 2.12.05 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-01-23 at 2.12.05 PM.png
    577.9 KB · Views: 190
Last edited:

moonsmart

TF Premier
No option for change of account.... Only option is to close account and apply again from personal account.. But it can get rejected...
Yeah that's my concern, if I close the card, will they issue me again.

I don't understand why they don't give the direct card number option on my personal account despite having a credit card with the same number and email. They chosed to give card to the number linked with savings account.

I wonder if I change the number on my savings account and and then try get the card on personal account. But for that I'll have to close the card and might not get it again.

Batmanbaba

TF Legend
Yeah that's my concern, if I close the card, will they issue me again.

I don't understand why they don't give the direct card number option on my personal account despite having a credit card with the same number and email. They chosed to give card to the number linked with savings account.

I wonder if I change the number on my savings account and and then try get the card on personal account. But for that I'll have to close the card and might not get it again.
I also have been rejected twice on number associated with my bank account..... Same happened with idfc.

I
So I have two Amazon accounts, one personal and one business. Both registered with different numbers ofcourse.

I have a coral credit card with the number linked with personal Amazon account and a savings account linked with the number on business Amazon account.

When I tried to apply Amazon pay credit card using the personal account, it asked for Aadhaar and PAN details, so basically the full process which would have taken the long route (kyc, CIBIL enquiry and verification, the whole thing) so instead I tried applying through the business account and the application went through the OTP and entering card details route and Amazon pay card was instantly generated.

Now the problem is that I have to use the card on personal account since using it on the business account will get the card cancelled (confirmed it with Amazon pay ICICI customer care) but the cashback will go into the business account. Also, to get the 5% cashback I'll have to take the prime membership on business account but it'll be of no use since my personal account won't get the prime benefits.
So basically to get the 5% cashback and to get the prime benefits on the personal account I have to take prime membership on the accounts, which will be quite useless.

I talked to ICICI customer care to change the linked account of the Amazon pay credit card but they told me to contact Amazon customer care, and when I did that, they told me that accounts can't be changed because card is linked to the Amazon account. Even changing the mobile number won't work.

If someone has been able to change the account linked with the card, kindly let me know.

My main

Yes i can help you in this case as I've also done it successfully after many attempts.

bhkbhbk

TF Buzz

Update: The accounts were changed by the icici credit card team successfully. They asked me to send a mail from both the email which were linked to those accounts twice.
Just send a mail to customersupport@icicibank.com
Bro! I have some queries. Can you please help?

After getting the card & activating it, is it necessary for the mobile number to be kept the same in the Amazon account & the card (ICICI)?

If there are 2 numbers N1, N2 &

N1 was linked to Amazon while applying & so, both the places (Amazon & ICICI) have N1 linked to them.

Now if we update the number to N2 in the Amazon account but it stays N1 in the bank, is there any issue that anyone has faced in getting the card benefits?

-----

Here's my actual scenario.

I have two numbers, one for online use & one for banking use. After the whole process of getting the card, I want the Amazon account to have my online use number & the card/ICICI to have my banking use number.

Can you think of the process I should follow to achieve this?

aayusharyan

TF Ace
Bro! I have some queries. Can you please help?

After getting the card & activating it, is it necessary for the mobile number to be kept the same in the Amazon account & the card (ICICI)?

If there are 2 numbers N1, N2 &

N1 was linked to Amazon while applying & so, both the places (Amazon & ICICI) have N1 linked to them.

Now if we update the number to N2 in the Amazon account but it stays N1 in the bank, is there any issue that anyone has faced in getting the card benefits?

-----

Here's my actual scenario.

I have two numbers, one for online use & one for banking use. After the whole process of getting the card, I want the Amazon account to have my online use number & the card/ICICI to have my banking use number.

Can you think of the process I should follow to achieve this?
The phone number on your Amazon Account does not need to match with your bank. You can have them separately.
Contact customer care over email to update the phone number for your APay card to the number linked with the bank. But I think they would already be linking to the number associated with the bank only as ICICI connects the cards under same customer id. 🤔

ankfin

TF Neo
I had applied for Amazon Pay card from my brother's Amazon account. Now when I asked them to delink it and link it to my account they denied saying it can't be done. I have already sent them email on the mentioned email id but got the same reply.

sjmajumder

TF Ace
I had applied for Amazon Pay card from my brother's Amazon account. Now when I asked them to delink it and link it to my account they denied saying it can't be done. I have already sent them email on the mentioned email id but got the same reply.
Same with me. They have replied it can't be done.