• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

DCB Upgrade to DCB metal

IMG_20240123_064806.jpg
Hi everyone, I recently got a message to get upgraded from my current DCB to the metal version.
I already have the dcb plastic as ltf, via the "alumni" option.
Has anyone else upgraded their cards? I have a few queries please:
1. Most important - is the new card also lifetime free?
2. Does your alumni institute get printed on the new metal card, just like the nonmetal version?
3. Do the milestone rewards make sense? On the surface, it's easier for me to reach 80k occasionally on the plastic version monthly, rather than 4L a quarter on the metal variant

Zacobite

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
IMG_20240123_064806.jpg
Hi everyone, I recently got a message to get upgraded from my current DCB to the metal version.
I already have the dcb plastic as ltf, via the "alumni" option.
Has anyone else upgraded their cards? I have a few queries please:
1. Most important - is the new card also lifetime free?
2. Does your alumni institute get printed on the new metal card, just like the nonmetal version?
3. Do the milestone rewards make sense? On the surface, it's easier for me to reach 80k occasionally on the plastic version monthly, rather than 4L a quarter on the metal variant
not ltf.. it is fyf... will be a fresh card not alumni linked.. milestone reward is extremely good if you can reach it atleast twice in a yr.. or if u use smart buy a lot for the additional 2500 points per month limit.. else no point in upgrade

not ltf.. it is fyf... will be a fresh card not alumni linked.. milestone reward is extremely good if you can reach it atleast twice in a yr.. or if u use smart buy a lot for the additional 2500 points per month limit.. else no point in upgrade
Yes, that's what I thought. The Annual fee would be worth it if I can cross the milestone spends in 2 quarters, which is rather difficult.
Also, I use smartbuy mostly to redeem points, rather than earn, because you can always get better discounts/deals on MMT, Yatra etc using other bank cards

Zacobite

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Yes, that's what I thought. The Annual fee would be worth it if I can cross the milestone spends in 2 quarters, which is rather difficult.
Also, I use smartbuy mostly to redeem points, rather than earn, because you can always get better discounts/deals on MMT, Yatra etc using other bank cards
smartbuy is great for vouchers gyftr amz pay etc to pay bills and earn points

girish3456

TF Premier
Wait for 2 to 3 yrs, may be bank itself may provide a option to DCB upgradation from Plastic to Metal edition as a LTF