• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Poll on DCB Metal Upgrade

sid16

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Wanted to see who has actually switched from DCB Plastic (especially LTF version) to DCB Metal (FYF) and who is considering. The major drawback for me is that they charge Rs. 10000 + GST as renewal fees but do not give any renewal benefits for the same. This is actually a devaluation from DCB Plastic LTF.

Last edited:

girish3456

TF Premier
Just call up HDFC Diners card services immediately and tell them to stop processing the upgrade. Have you tried that?
Yeah but they told it's not in their hands itseems as the card will instantly gets created. Yesterday morning I have placed a request and yesterday by evening the card got dispatched and today afternoon or got delivered too.

However yesterday I have dropped a email to priority redressal team.

Can I request for LTF, will they consider by any chance

sid16

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Yeah but they told it's not in their hands itseems as the card will instantly gets created. Yesterday morning I have placed a request and yesterday by evening the card got dispatched and today afternoon or got delivered too.

However yesterday I have dropped a email to priority redressal team.

Can I request for LTF, will they consider by any chance
No, they won't consider LTF in the new DCB Metal. Tell them that you have not used the new card and that you want to continue with the older variant. Send email to the PNO if they don't give a favourable response. Till all this is resolved, do not use the new card.

ARV

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
To my bad luck, actually yesterday I have logged in to my hdfc internet banking and was just searching whether the DCB metal upgrade offer is still there for me or not & knowingly or unknowingly I have submitted my request for upgradation. That's it, all my happiness from last 3 plus years (as I have started using DCB Plastic LTF) gone in to trash as this DCB Metal is just a first year free for me. Now am worried how to finish my annual milestone.

If I am unable to complete my annual milestone in 1st yr, am thinking to close DCB Metal card as I am not at interested in paying around 12000 to the bank.

Problem is if I close it may impact my credit (mainly cibil) score as I have started using hdfc credit card way back from 2012.

Really feeling low from yesterday & totally blank on how to proceed further as I can some how manage till 5.5 lakhs in a yr but to meet 8 lakhs seems a bigger target.

Bro's/Friends - please need everyone's input here which can be like a life saver for me else my cibil gonna go for a toss as my IDFC Wealth card is just of 6 months old and having no other credit cards and loans.

Also applied for Diners club privilege card yesterday as the reward points structure is 1:1 if we redeem it in statment adjustment.

Friends pls help me with your valuable suggestions & please friends do not laugh at me as am really feeling low. I want few tips on how to reach 8 lakhs in a year (when my comfort zone w.r.t credit card spends is around 5.5 lakhs in a year)
Your old card will be active until you activate the new card. Hope you have not activated the new one. If no then you can continue using the old one. The new card will get closed automatically in 30 days

girish3456

TF Premier
No, they won't consider LTF in the new DCB Metal. Tell them that you have not used the new card and that you want to continue with the older variant. Send email to the PNO if they don't give a favourable response. Till all this is resolved, do not use the new card.
But I have started using it as requesting these stupids not to upgrade doesn't works out

ARV

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Via 3rd party apps. For the amount which I am calling shortfall inorder to save from paying 12000 I will end paying some lesser amount. Will keep this as a last option
If you meet 8L spends may be you can call them and request for fee waiver. They should mostly accept based on your relationship. To answer your question, I think they should be counted unless they are tagged as rent or wallet

ALOAK

TF Ace
To my bad luck, actually yesterday I have logged in to my hdfc internet banking and was just searching whether the DCB metal upgrade offer is still there for me or not & knowingly or unknowingly I have submitted my request for upgradation. That's it, all my happiness from last 3 plus years (as I have started using DCB Plastic LTF) gone in to trash as this DCB Metal is just a first year free for me. Now am worried how to finish my annual milestone.

If I am unable to complete my annual milestone in 1st yr, am thinking to close DCB Metal card as I am not at interested in paying around 12000 to the bank.

Problem is if I close it may impact my credit (mainly cibil) score as I have started using hdfc credit card way back from 2012.

Really feeling low from yesterday & totally blank on how to proceed further as I can some how manage till 5.5 lakhs in a yr but to meet 8 lakhs seems a bigger target.

Bro's/Friends - please need everyone's input here which can be like a life saver for me else my cibil gonna go for a toss as my IDFC Wealth card is just of 6 months old and having no other credit cards and loans.

Also applied for Diners club privilege card yesterday as the reward points structure is 1:1 if we redeem it in statment adjustment.

Friends pls help me with your valuable suggestions & please friends do not laugh at me as am really feeling low. I want few tips on how to reach 8 lakhs in a year (when my comfort zone w.r.t credit card spends is around 5.5 lakhs in a year)
Call hdfc diners and tell them i r not inyerested in upgrade and would.continue with ur ltf cardbonly .

girish3456

TF Premier
Call hdfc diners and tell them i r not inyerested in upgrade and would.continue with ur ltf cardbonly .
Credit card backend team have downgraded from DCB metal to DCB PVC.

Bank yet to dispatch the card. But don't know whether they are giving LTF DCB PVC or not. Earlier it LTF DCB PVC card, so dropped an email to grievances team. Waiting for the update on the same

In worst case even it's only FYF, still am ok as I can cross 5 lakhs in a year hopefully with out any hurdles (with which I can atleast save from renewal fee)

Last edited:

girish3456

TF Premier
You mean they reissued dcb pvc after you used dcb metal? Banks don't do these kind of things normally. You must be lucky.
Ya they have issued me again DCB Plastic card again from DCB Metal just in a span of 2 days. Dropped a email to confirm whether the is LTF as usual or is it FYF

sidp

TF Ace
Ya they have issued me again DCB Plastic card again from DCB Metal just in a span of 2 days. Dropped a email to confirm whether the is LTF as usual or is it FYF
Most likely should be ltf only. Next time have some patience.🤣

if you don't wanna keep the card. Dont activate. Card upgrade is like sw upgrade. Once you do, it's very hard to roll back.

techt

TF Legend
Most likely should be ltf only. Next time have some patience.🤣

if you don't wanna keep the card. Dont activate. Card upgrade is like sw upgrade. Once you do, it's very hard to roll back.
No Way Smile GIF by Muffin & Nuts

System restore points are there to revert. Factory resets are there to revert.

syedimrose

TF Buzz
System restore points are there to revert. Factory resets are there to revert.
Just out of curiosity, agreeing to the fact the systems considers last card as LTF-it is the Customer who chose to upgrade or switch to higher version. So the old status will be void if bank wants to follow that route. If bank want to earn there isn't a better way.

My guess they may offer FYF know and with some 6-8 month of spend, can again approach grievance addresal team to reconsider to offer LTF. More often this works as there is txn on account not just reaping benefits.

But RM can be saviour at any time for super premium card at Hdfc, my learning.