Poll on DCB Metal Upgrade

sid16

Wanted to see who has actually switched from DCB Plastic (especially LTF version) to DCB Metal (FYF) and who is considering. The major drawback for me is that they charge Rs. 10000 + GST as renewal fees but do not give any renewal benefits for the same. This is actually a devaluation from DCB Plastic LTF.

sid16

There should be a option of not switching because already completed spends required for annual fee waiver .
Good point, but then that person could be of two types. One, who can spend Rs. 8 lakhs every year on this card. Two, who had only one time Rs. 8 lakh spend for this year. Either ways, both these people are covered by the given options.

sousnake

Wanted to see who has actually switched from DCB Plastic (especially LTF version) to DCB Metal (FYF) and who is considering. The major drawback for me is that they charge Rs. 10000 + GST as renewal fees but do not give any renewal benefits for the same. This is actually a devaluation from DCB Plastic which gave 10000 bonus reward points on a charge of Rs. 10000 + GST.
I am not 100% sure but afaik dcb plastic did not give 10k bonus rewards points on renewal.

Any idea whether they will force us to upgrade to Metal in some time or whether they will discontinue the plastic variants?
plastic variant which is discontinued would also be available to that LTF user(Renewal and if cc is closed Plastic will be issued again), DCB or infinia, hdfc would lure to upgrade to higher variant but can't just force you to upgrade.

sid16

plastic variant which is discontinued would also be available to that LTF user(Renewal and if cc is closed Plastic will be issued again), DCB or infinia, hdfc would lure to upgrade to higher variant but can't just force you to upgrade.
That's good to know. Because I personally won't go from LTF Plastic to FYF Metal unless they offer some renewal benefits too.

dexter_greycells

Wanted to see who has actually switched from DCB Plastic (especially LTF version) to DCB Metal (FYF) and who is considering. The major drawback for me is that they charge Rs. 10000 + GST as renewal fees but do not give any renewal benefits for the same. This is actually a devaluation from DCB Plastic which gave 10000 bonus reward points on a charge of Rs. 10000 + GST.
That's wrong. DCB Plastic doesn't give 10k bonus RPs on charge of Rs 10k +GST. Infinia does that.

DCB Plastic also does not give points on renewal fee..

varun.rt

Has anyone requested an upgrade to a LTF version for DCB metal? If yes, then please share the steps and procedure.
My inbox is flooded with upgrade requests as i hold a LTF plastic DCB, im reluctant to upgrade even though my spends are above 8L per annum. I had written them a mail to offer me a LTF Metal edition instead, but they declined.

MeTejaHu

Has anyone requested an upgrade to a LTF version for DCB metal? If yes, then please share the steps and procedure.
My inbox is flooded with upgrade requests as i hold a LTF plastic DCB, im reluctant to upgrade even though my spends are above 8L per annum. I had written them a mail to offer me a LTF Metal edition instead, but they declined.
I tried with my RM and wrote to CC team as well for upgrading from plastic LTF to Metal LTF. But they only offered FYF if I took metal. Definitely, paying 10k for diners is not worth it when I already have LTF.

girish3456

To my bad luck, actually yesterday I have logged in to my hdfc internet banking and was just searching whether the DCB metal upgrade offer is still there for me or not & knowingly or unknowingly I have submitted my request for upgradation. That's it, all my happiness from last 3 plus years (as I have started using DCB Plastic LTF) gone in to trash as this DCB Metal is just a first year free for me. Now am worried how to finish my annual milestone.

If I am unable to complete my annual milestone in 1st yr, am thinking to close DCB Metal card as I am not at interested in paying around 12000 to the bank.

Problem is if I close it may impact my credit (mainly cibil) score as I have started using hdfc credit card way back from 2012.

Really feeling low from yesterday & totally blank on how to proceed further as I can some how manage till 5.5 lakhs in a yr but to meet 8 lakhs seems a bigger target.

Bro's/Friends - please need everyone's input here which can be like a life saver for me else my cibil gonna go for a toss as my IDFC Wealth card is just of 6 months old and having no other credit cards and loans.

Also applied for Diners club privilege card yesterday as the reward points structure is 1:1 if we redeem it in statment adjustment.

Friends pls help me with your valuable suggestions & please friends do not laugh at me as am really feeling low. I want few tips on how to reach 8 lakhs in a year (when my comfort zone w.r.t credit card spends is around 5.5 lakhs in a year)

To my bad luck, actually yesterday I have logged in to my hdfc internet banking and was just searching whether the DCB metal upgrade offer is still there for me or not & knowingly or unknowingly I have submitted my request for upgradation. That's it, all my happiness from last 3 plus years (as I have started using DCB Plastic LTF) gone in to trash as this DCB Metal is just a first year free for me. Now am worried how to finish my annual milestone.

If I am unable to complete my annual milestone in 1st yr, am thinking to close DCB Metal card as I am not at interested in paying around 12000 to the bank.

Problem is if I close it may impact my credit (mainly cibil) score as I have started using hdfc credit card way back from 2012.

Really feeling low from yesterday & totally blank on how to proceed further as I can some how manage till 5.5 lakhs in a yr but to meet 8 lakhs seems a bigger target.

Bro's/Friends - please need everyone's input here which can be like a life saver for me else my cibil gonna go for a toss as my IDFC Wealth card is just of 6 months old and having no other credit cards and loans.

Also applied for Diners club privilege card yesterday as the reward points structure is 1:1 if we redeem it in statment adjustment.

Friends pls help me with your valuable suggestions & please friends do not laugh at me as am really feeling low. I want few tips on how to reach 8 lakhs in a year (when my comfort zone w.r.t credit card spends is around 5.5 lakhs in a year)
even if u pay.. you can derive a lot of value from DCB.. Nothing to lose sleep over.. AGV, ASV, Travel and hotels, Move all spends to DCB.. grocery, dining, rent, gas or piped gas, property tax, insurance, utility bills, school fees, diwali shopping, rail tkts, etc everything via dcb / Amazon

girish3456

even if u pay.. you can derive a lot of value from DCB.. Nothing to lose sleep over.. AGV, ASV, Travel and hotels, Move all spends to DCB.. grocery, dining, rent, gas or piped gas, property tax, insurance, utility bills, school fees, diwali shopping, rail tkts, etc everything via dcb / Amazon
Sure bro. What's that AGV and ASV

sid16

Just call up HDFC Diners card services immediately and tell them to stop processing the upgrade. Have you tried that?