• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

DCB LTF Diners Club Black Metal Credit Card

dilbwagsingh

TF Buzz
I am currently having a decent relationship with HDFC bank. Had been maintaining quite a lot of balance in my savings account. I had previously tried getting DCB Metal as LTF but was refused straight up by the RM. Only recently when I started moving that money out to my SBI account and not maintain such high balance anymore my RM offered me a LTF DCB Metal upgrade over my regalia. But she is insisting me on purchasing a ULIP plan (HDFC life smart protect plan) which has a 5 year lock-in and premium she is insisting on is more than 1 lakh per annum. I did counter her saying I can work with a single time premium payment option plan (HDFC life insurance sampoorn nivesh) but not with a policy where I have to keep paying premiums for the coming 5 years. To which her reply is single time payment option plans will not be useful for your case escalation for DCB LTF.

My questions are -
1. What options do I have to better negotiate my case? Will taking directly to a branch manager work out better?
2. Are ULIP plans even worth it for getting a DCB Metal LTF? (P.S. - Already asked for Infinia LTF in return of the ULIP purchase but they said it is not possible)
3. Would moving towards 0 balance work out i.e moving all my money to SBI?

pranjal1984

TF Premier
HDFC knows that people are after its super Premium cards. And it also knows that people are willing to take the short cut route by either investing in products with flat returns for the customer but hefty commissions for RMs and wealth managers or by networking with someone high up the ladder. The main reason is that people are nowadays impatient. Many also want the latest and greatest at the shortest possible time. It is not only for credit cards but also for lifestyle gadgets, cars, etc. Whatever more we think we will save or gain by spending on Infinias and Diamantes we only tend to overspend beyond our actual prudent necessities.

SonyTom

TF Premier
HDFC knows that people are after its super Premium cards. And it also knows that people are willing to take the short cut route by either investing in products with flat returns for the customer but hefty commissions for RMs and wealth managers or by networking with someone high up the ladder. The main reason is that people are nowadays impatient. Many also want the latest and greatest at the shortest possible time. It is not only for credit cards but also for lifestyle gadgets, cars, etc. Whatever more we think we will save or gain by spending on Infinias and Diamantes we only tend to overspend beyond our actual prudent necessities.
That's why TF ians mostly go for LTF cards 😁. To avoid spending to meet the fee waiver criteria

Shroud

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Bhai ma customer ID beech nahi Raha hu. If your RM says show me a case where it happened, fir maangna bhai bhej dunga
Bro, not all RMs are as good as yours. Most of them would outright deny giving the card even as FYF, forget LTF. That's why we asked your Cust. I'd......... Rest is upto you.

G1jot

TF Buzz
The commissions on ULIPs are 12%:alien: approx if I am not wrong and it is going from your own pockets. Demand a LTF card against your net worth and the business already given to the bank. Discuss the same with BM directly as BM will do anything to retain your existing business.

SonyTom

TF Premier
Just lazy. Even if they don't do, you won't leave them. Why to do all the paperwork then
I think this is true about these new RMs. The senior BMs are definitely better. My RM was saying I cant get Regalia gold LTF. But today personally spoke to BM. He told it’s possible. He will try. He told DCB LTF not possible. I hold a classic account.

Vishal N

TF Select
I think this is true about these new RMs. The senior BMs are definitely better. My RM was saying I cant get Regalia gold LTF. But today personally spoke to BM. He told it’s possible. He will try. He told DCB LTF not possible. I hold a classic account.
New RMs are just regular employees who are assigned customers as part of job. Even cash handling staff is "RM" now.

Since lot of people meet their criteria for RM unlike old days

BM is definitely someone useful