• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC Credit Cards Suggestion needed - Upgrade from LTF Diners Privilege to FYF Diners Black Metal

piyush.pgi

TF Buzz
Dear All,

I currently have a LTF DinersClub Privilege Credit Card and have a upgrade available for Diners Club Black Metal as FYF.

I already hold Normal Magnus (reached fee waiver criteria for this year but surely would not reach for the next) and Atlas and in past one year, all my expenses were always on these 2 cards as they offered amazing rewards.

Most of my expenses are Travel and Foreign exchange and small percentage (close to 20%) for Utility payments and online shopping. In last one year I have barely used Diners Privilege.

I’m in a dilemma whether to take this upgrade or not as there are no renewal benefits and I’m not sure if I’ll be able to reach the 8 lakh spends as Atlas is much more rewarding for Flight bookings and without any restrictions.
But seeing the sudden and unreliable changes by Axis, I’m unable to decide.

Request you all to provide some valuable inputs.

Thanks.

Gaara

TF Ace
Dear All,

I currently have a LTF DinersClub Privilege Credit Card and have a upgrade available for Diners Club Black Metal as FYF.

I already hold Normal Magnus (reached fee waiver criteria for this year but surely would not reach for the next) and Atlas and in past one year, all my expenses were always on these 2 cards as they offered amazing rewards.

Most of my expenses are Travel and Foreign exchange and small percentage (close to 20%) for Utility payments and online shopping. In last one year I have barely used Diners Privilege.

I’m in a dilemma whether to take this upgrade or not as there are no renewal benefits and I’m not sure if I’ll be able to reach the 8 lakh spends as Atlas is much more rewarding for Flight bookings and without any restrictions.

Thanks.
Given your current situation, upgrading to the Diners Club Black Metal (FYF) might not be the most beneficial option.
Have you negotiated with costumer care if they could make it LTF?

Zacobite

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Dear All,

Thanks.
only if you are able to move spend to dcb..if not then only if you are ok with 12k fee.. else dont.. axis is having lotsa issues currently.. so my suggestion take the FYF.. In the next yr decide if you want to continue with axis or cancel maybe one of their cards... try out DCB.. then decide...

sidp

TF Ace

Hehe take it.

Thread 'Atlas devaluation coming soon' https://www.technofino.in/community/threads/atlas-devaluation-coming-soon.24103/
1000014796.jpg

sourpai

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
If it is FYF then take it. Evaluate again next year before fees payment

Credit card rewards is a dynamic world. You need to keep options open

techt

TF Legend
Please use the gif feature properly like this.
homer simpson simpsons GIF

mj01

TF Select
Request for Infinia Metal upgrade stating diners acceptance issues. If they decline, take the DCB Metal and try Infinia upgrade again before DCB renewal. If your DCB use is still limited and are again declined for upgrade, close the card before paying annual fees.

PS- DCB metal is pretty good too and quite comparable to Infinia in many ways if you don't face major acceptance issues for your spends!

piyush.pgi

TF Buzz
Given your current situation, upgrading to the Diners Club Black Metal (FYF) might not be the most beneficial option.
Have you negotiated with costumer care if they could make it LTF?
Yes, but since the usage of my previous card was already pretty low, they are unwilling.
Even I think the same as once I loose the LTF opportunity, I would not be able to go back.

sidp

TF Ace
Yes, but since the usage of my previous card was already pretty low, they are unwilling.
Even I think the same as once I loose the LTF opportunity, I would not be able to go back.
If you can reach fee waiver for magnus, how come you can't for dcb metal?
Isn't dcb more rewarding than normal magnus? Plus atlas devaluation is imminent.
You can push online spend on dcb and offline on atlas. That combo could be better.

piyush.pgi

TF Buzz
The reason was that all my spends were moved to Magnus as it was too rewarding till Aug last year.
After that I took Atlas and shifted all to it.

The usage pattern for me is mostly Flights so I doubt that DCB would be having the same benefits and reward rate.
Plus, acceptance is also a bit of concern on International trips.
If you can reach fee waiver for magnus, how come you can't for dcb metal?
Isn't dcb more rewarding than normal magnus? Plus atlas devaluation is imminent.
You can push online spend on dcb and offline on atlas. That combo could be better.

Last edited: