• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

DCB HDFC Diners Club Black Metal Credit Card

aceventura

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Got RM to get me DCB (plastic) FYF upgrade from Regalia in August. Then contacted Infinia Services in October for upgrade to Infinia Metal and got refused. Had justified upgrade by citing 14.50 lakhs spends in 12 months and poor international acceptance of DCB (Thailand and Singapore). I guess I wrote too soon...maybe I should've used DCB for 6 months. Escalated to Grievance Redressal, Priority Redressal and PNO but still got refused so I let it pass.

Last week got an automatic offer to upgrade to DCB Metal FYF and immediately accepted even though my plastic DCB fees were already waived for 2024-25 due to spends. My logic is it brings me another step closer to Infinia. I can re-coup a few grand on Smartbuy higher capping and hopefully the annual fees by hitting 4 lakhs / quarter at least once or 8 lakhs / year. As someone pointed out, it is better to not feel entitled and slowly inch closer at every opportunity.

As for the card itself, it feels solid in the hand like Infinia unlike Magnus. In fact, Magnus feels like plastic when held alongside.
And I also got the same auto upgrade offer to DCB Metal FYF, but I went for Infinia upgrade via RM and got it approved.

ketz1981

TF Buzz
After every upgrade, there is a cooling period of no less than 6 months. If you had waited for couple of more months and had 8L spend in the last 6 months, you could have upgraded directly to Infinia. That said, DCB metal is also good, but it resets the cooling period.
Is this cooling period in their internal guidelines or just a hunch based on various cardholders' experience? I got overconfident having had such high spends and impatience kicked in as well.

aceventura

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Is this cooling period in their internal guidelines or just a hunch based on various cardholders' experience? I got overconfident having had such high spends and impatience kicked in as well.
It is definitely there in their internal policy, which they will not reveal. They will never admit it through the official channels similar to the spending criteria (xx in 6 months) or other criteria which is not public. You can extract these information from your RM, who generally talk in the back channels with the CC team.

Also, all these criteria can be overcome by the BM and above depending on how you negotiate and your NRV with them.

elite34700

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
It’s the policy actually. Nevertheless there’s a solution. Since you meet the spends and the limit already you’ll need a product level approval as far as I know. Talk to your RM and ask to seek the same through product.

ketz1981

TF Buzz
It’s the policy actually. Nevertheless there’s a solution. Since you meet the spends and the limit already you’ll need a product level approval as far as I know. Talk to your RM and ask to seek the same through product.
Pardon my ignorance, but what do you mean by product level approval?
1. RM is pretty useless so is there any other way?
2. Since the card is just upgraded, can I request straight away or wait for 6 months?

elite34700

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Product level approval :

- You are currently using DCB so DCB is managed by a product manager who looks after diners acquisitions and product pool ( number of customers etc ), so giving you an infinia means letting you go from the existing diners pool for which the product manager who owns diners network at hdfc needs to approve . This is product level approval.
- RM is useless : This is a universal problem. This is where you need to talk to minimum of cluster head or a circle head to F**k RMs happiness. Their email IDs will be at the branch.

- 6 months period : Usually policy doesn’t allow an upgrade in < 6 months that’s where you need to seek an exception. Branch banking head approval will supersede this and get you an infinia. Product level approval will be managed by the CC team that’s a small thing.

elite34700

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Product level approval :

- You are currently using DCB so DCB is managed by a product manager who looks after diners acquisitions and product pool ( number of customers etc ), so giving you an infinia means letting you go from the existing diners pool for which the product manager who owns diners network at hdfc needs to approve . This is product level approval.
- RM is useless : This is a universal problem. This is where you need to talk to minimum of cluster head or a circle head to F**k RMs happiness. Their email IDs will be at the branch.

- 6 months period : Usually policy doesn’t allow an upgrade in < 6 months that’s where you need to seek an exception. Branch banking head approval will supersede this and get you an infinia. Product level approval will be managed by the CC team that’s a small thing.
Branch banking head approval also not reqd , straight away product level approval is enough.