• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Poll on DCB Metal Upgrade

sid16

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Wanted to see who has actually switched from DCB Plastic (especially LTF version) to DCB Metal (FYF) and who is considering. The major drawback for me is that they charge Rs. 10000 + GST as renewal fees but do not give any renewal benefits for the same. This is actually a devaluation from DCB Plastic LTF.

Last edited:

sidp

TF Ace
No Way Smile GIF by Muffin & Nuts

System restore points are there to revert. Factory resets are there to revert.
Not with mobile os version update. with factory reset android version doesn't roll back. It goes to 1st variant of that version.

You can with force flash but it's risky. Plus where are you going to get original ROM? And getting custom rom beats the purpose of getting samsung/pixel.

techt

TF Legend
Not with mobile os version update. with factory reset android version doesn't roll back. It goes to 1st variant of that version.

You can with force flash but it's risky. Plus where are you going to get original ROM? And getting custom rom beats the purpose of getting samsung.
Scared Homer Simpson GIF by reactionseditor

Oh man, I must have left at sys restore. I added mobile thing, for better reach but you caught me off guard.

girish3456

TF Premier
Just out of curiosity, agreeing to the fact the systems considers last card as LTF-it is the Customer who chose to upgrade or switch to higher version. So the old status will be void if bank wants to follow that route. If bank want to earn there isn't a better way.

My guess they may offer FYF know and with some 6-8 month of spend, can again approach grievance addresal team to reconsider to offer LTF. More often this works as there is txn on account not just reaping benefits.

But RM can be saviour at any time for super premium card at Hdfc, my learning.
Will accept it even they offer me with FYF. But will request them for LTF as I was using HDFC credit card from last 12 years as a LTF.

FYF is also fine as it's just 5 lakhs spend criteria to meet inorder to save from renewal fee which is ok for me

girish3456

TF Premier
You mean they reissued dcb pvc after you used dcb metal? Banks don't do these kind of things normally. You must be lucky.
After back end team had downgraded DCB Metal fyf to DCB Plastic fyf 4 days back. Dropped a email to PriorityRedressal.CreditCards@hdfcbank.com to consider from DCB Plastic fyf to DCB Plastic LTF.

Finally received an email from PriorityRedressal.CreditCards@hdfcbank.com saying that they have considered my request approved for DCB Plastic LTF again (which I was enjoying till 10 days back).

Happiness overloaded. Much respect towards HDFC bank for valuing my 12 plus years of relationship with the bank

Attachments

• DCB Plastic LTF.png
    DCB Plastic LTF.png
    94.8 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:

girish3456

TF Premier
Just out of curiosity, agreeing to the fact the systems considers last card as LTF-it is the Customer who chose to upgrade or switch to higher version. So the old status will be void if bank wants to follow that route. If bank want to earn there isn't a better way.

My guess they may offer FYF know and with some 6-8 month of spend, can again approach grievance addresal team to reconsider to offer LTF. More often this works as there is txn on account not just reaping benefits.

But RM can be saviour at any time for super premium card at Hdfc, my learning.
After back end team had downgraded DCB Metal fyf to DCB Plastic fyf 4 days back. Dropped a email to PriorityRedressal.CreditCards@hdfcbank.com to consider from DCB Plastic fyf to DCB Plastic LTF.

Finally received an email from PriorityRedressal.CreditCards@hdfcbank.com saying that they have considered my request approved for DCB Plastic LTF again (which I was enjoying till days back).

Happiness overloaded. Much respect towards HDFC bank for valuing my 12 plus years of relationship with the bank

Attachments

• DCB Plastic LTF.png
    DCB Plastic LTF.png
    94.8 KB · Views: 2

girish3456

TF Premier
Call hdfc diners and tell them i r not inyerested in upgrade and would.continue with ur ltf cardbonly .
Bro... After back end team had downgraded DCB Metal fyf to DCB Plastic fyf 4 days back. Dropped a email to PriorityRedressal.CreditCards@hdfcbank.com to consider from DCB Plastic fyf to DCB Plastic LTF.

Finally received an email from PriorityRedressal.CreditCards@hdfcbank.com saying that they have considered my request approved for DCB Plastic LTF again (which I was enjoying till days back).

Yapie...... Happiness overloaded. Much respect towards HDFC bank for valuing my 12 plus years of relationship with the bank

Attachments

• DCB Plastic LTF.png
    DCB Plastic LTF.png
    94.8 KB · Views: 5

sid16

TF Premier
VIP Lounge

Fortune lies in follow up. Cheers :)

syedimrose

TF Buzz

Glad to hear HDFC is prompt. They continue to stand tall in CC market with this small gestures.

Enjoy!

girish3456

TF Premier
Glad to hear HDFC is prompt. They continue to stand tall in CC market with this small gestures.

Enjoy!
Seems correct friend. Really feeling happy with this gesture. It's been 12 plus years from now I have been using hdfc credit card as a LTF card (mentioned the same in the email). Will continue to use it going forward too in future as it is my primary card though it is on Diners club network.

Last edited: