• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Suggestions on taking (or not) Scapia Credit Card

TheGuy

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I had Scapia Banner in ParkPlus app. Applied.
Got meagre 50k Limit. Haven't done VKYC etc.

- How is Federal Bank/ Scapia in giving limits?
- How is the bank in giving LE?

Should I take 50k limit?
It is my 2nd lowest limit (after HDFC PreApproved CC and I took the offer). It is less than 1/10th of ICICI. 1/5 of IDFC- OneCard BoB.

Benefits:
- Zero Forex
- Credit Line with Federal Bank
and If Scapia goes belly up like RBL Zomato I would probably be rolled in Core Card LTF portfolio.
- Lounge Access
not that I need it. Already have in IDFC Wealth and Flipkart Axis.
- LTF

Cons:
- 50k limit is less.
I don't plan to use that much on travel. But it sticks out as sore thumb. That is why above question of how good is Federal in LE and how much Limits are Scapia providing.

anotheruser

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I have this card.The only benefit i see is zero forex.
Apart from that its 2% reward(non app) and 4%(app reward) that can be redeemed only on travel in the app. Amazonpay icici still beats anyday considering the prices are similar, has voucher capability and 5% prime reward in form of amazon pay money which is much much flexible.
Edit : also federal bank offers are not applicable on this card.

Last edited:

jk51

TF Premier
I had Scapia Banner in ParkPlus app. Applied.
Got meagre 50k Limit. Haven't done VKYC etc.

- How is Federal Bank/ Scapia in giving limits?
- How is the bank in giving LE?

Should I take 50k limit?
It is my 2nd lowest limit (after HDFC PreApproved CC and I took the offer). It is less than 1/10th of ICICI. 1/5 of IDFC- OneCard BoB.

Benefits:
- Zero Forex
- Credit Line with Federal Bank
and If Scapia goes belly up like RBL Zomato I would probably be rolled in Core Card LTF portfolio.
- Lounge Access
not that I need it. Already have in IDFC Wealth and Flipkart Axis.
- LTF

Cons:
- 50k limit is less.
I don't plan to use that much on travel. But it sticks out as sore thumb. That is why above question of how good is Federal in LE and how much Limits are Scapia providing.
Try to apply after 3 months again and then check the limit. One of my friends faced the same issue wherein he was getting 75,000/- as limit but when his recent card whose limit was 180,000/- started showing up in cibil on his second attempt he received 2,05,000/- on Scapia. So if you have a recent card with higher limit apply again after it starts showing up in CIBIL as they give 5-20% more limit than the highest limit card in your portfolio.

With regards to whether to go for Scapia or not totally depends on your use case of zero forex markup requirement and unlimited domestic lounge access. If you prefer to partake in federal merchant offers then don’t apply for this card.

anotheruser

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Try to apply after 3 months again and then check the limit. One of my friends faced the same issue wherein he was getting 75,000/- as limit but when his recent card whose limit was 180,000/- started showing up in cibil on his second attempt he received 2,05,000/- on Scapia. So if you have a recent card with higher limit apply again after it starts showing up in CIBIL as they give 5-20% more limit than the highest limit card in your portfolio.

With regards to whether to go for Scapia or not totally depends on your use case of zero forex markup requirement and unlimited domestic lounge access. If you prefer to partake in federal merchant offers then don’t apply for this card.
Unlimited if you spend 5k in previous month on this card. Make sense to spend this if you have a trip in upcoming month otherwise 2% is not a very good rate considering the limited usage. Anyways, its LTF so.....

anotheruser

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Be careful with scapia. They have reduced limits of people from 10L+ to 50k -1.5L. temporary or permanent, there has been no notification to customer
Forex markup means international trip and maybe needs relative higher limits. Just a caution from existing customer

moneynerd

TF Buzz
Be careful with scapia. They have reduced limits of people from 10L+ to 50k -1.5L. temporary or permanent, there has been no notification to customer
Forex markup means international trip and maybe needs relative higher limits. Just a caution from existing customer
Went from 4L to 55K 🥲 Customer care is giving generic responses and this seems to have happened to users who haven't swiped the card internationally I guess. Have been seeing amplifi cc as an alternative on multiple forums which is great because they seem like the only option with zero forex fees among travel CCs. good for them

Indian

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Went from 4L to 55K 🥲 Customer care is giving generic responses and this seems to have happened to users who haven't swiped the card internationally I guess. Have been seeing amplifi cc as an alternative on multiple forums which is great because they seem like the only option with zero forex fees among travel CCs. good for them
Amplifi cc also issued by federal bank