• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Should I use an agent's help in securing IDFC wealth card?

Pankhuri

TF Ace
2-3 days back I tried applying for IDFC wealth credit card. I choose ICICI sapphiro for c2c and put 3.2L in salary per month. On the next screen IDFC showed that I am eligible for select card and not wealth. So I cancelled the application thinking I would try again when I get LE on my Indus or ICICI card to reach the 5L limit. Yesterday evening I got a call from an agent who first asked whether I applied for the card on IDFC few days back. I told him I cancelled the application as I was offered select instead of wealth. Agent said that he can get me wealth. So should I use their services? Also since I cancelled the application, this would be a fresh application? And in that case wouldn't the 6 month cooling period b/w two applications apply here?

ray8285

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
How did you cancel the application ? Check your cibil first & see if they have done a hard enquiry already, if yes then there will be two enquiries if you decide to go for a fresh application with the agent, however cooling off period does NOT apply in you case as they did not decline the initial application.

Alternatively you can also get the select card & then try to upgrade to wealth.

Pankhuri

TF Ace
How did you cancel the application ?
There were two options on the page where they showed me select card, one was for moving forward and one for cancelling the application. I choose cancellation. Yeah there was a cibil enquiry, don't mind another cibil enquiry if it means I can get the wealth card.

Don't want to go the route of getting select first and then upgrading, that's always harder. I would get LE in a few months anyway and maybe having 5L limit on the card would trigger wealth offer.

cardex

TF Premier
There were two options on the page where they showed me select card, one was for moving forward and one for cancelling the application. I choose cancellation. Yeah there was a cibil enquiry, don't mind another cibil enquiry if it means I can get the wealth card.

Don't want to go the route of getting select first and then upgrading, that's always harder. I would get LE in a few months anyway and maybe having 5L limit on the card would trigger wealth offer.
do they ask for income docs for c2c?

ray8285

TF Ace
VIP Lounge

Fair enough.

You’re lucky ! I think IDFC agents are available only in a few cities ! It’s mostly online with them, afaik !

ray8285

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Can share number if you want. Not like they care about anything other than getting their targets. However you would need to provide a serviceable pin code.
Thank you :) .. However, I doubt he will be able to process a card for Kolkata 700019 pin code sitting in Bangalore ! IDFC is serviceable here from day 1 but online, yet meet an actual agent here ! If he can, then I can give it a try.

PS. Does taking a big ticket consumer loan with IDFC give pre approved CC offer ?

Pankhuri

TF Ace
Update - Agent was overpromising and underdelivered. I knew when they show the card you are eligible for. I told agent that if there is no screenshot of the card being offered then there wouldn't be any more OTP from my side to proceed. He tried to brush it aside and give excuses. I stopped replying. After half an hour he sent me screenshot of select card. I declined to proceed further. So all in all, In IDFC's case, agents are useless.

SmartSave

TF Premier
Tried to apply for Wealth for someone in family. It showed Select with no income proof but wealth was also on the table if 3 months statement was uploaded. I wonder if self employee route would be better or going through C2C offline?

gamersgzb

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Tried to apply for Wealth for someone in family. It showed Select with no income proof but wealth was also on the table if 3 months statement was uploaded. I wonder if self employee route would be better or going through C2C offline?
Was it a new application and how much amount you mentioned in monthly income?
If your family member has wealth account then try talking to the RM they can make wealth as pre approved as well... they can take some approvals internally..