• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Salary account for 1 lac+ | ICICI vs Axis

bugmenot

TF Ace
I have an ICICI and Axis bank account, I don't know the exact variant. I am drawing 1 lac plus salary per month. Which bank account will give more benefits?

ICICI - Privilege written on top in net banking and debit card has titanium written.
Axis - Prime on top in net banking and account type is SAPPM

I am looking for benefits more on banking perspective. I have Axis MyZone & Flipkart CC and from ICICI, Platinum, Amazon & Sapphiro CC in family.

I searched ONE account of ICICI and website shows it got discontinued from 31st Aug 2022.

tuhin

TF Premier
Debit Card wise you may not get any extra benefit from ICICI Bank but Customer Service is top-notch. They are humble & reliable always as Axis Bank is a money-hunger bank. They have plenty of rubbish charges even for Salary Bank holders. Old Salary Account customers are getting comparatively better free benefits from Axis but now they are mapping every customer to some chargeable product code. So, my advice is if you need peace, go with ICICI else your choice.

Moreover, no other banks in India can beat the Online interface of ICICI Bank.

Sevendar@01

TF Premier
I will try for wealth account. What are the other varients in ICICI for salary accounts? I don't know how my current varient is in terms of features.
1L salary every month , then you will get icici titanium privilege salary account, axis will give you priority salary account. My preference go with icici.

bugmenot

TF Ace
I am getting following upgrade offer in my ICICI netbanking. I checked with RM and he said to pick the ONE account because that's available only for upgrade and new the ONE accounts are not being open.

icici_upgrade.png

anish1516

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I am getting following upgrade offer in my ICICI netbanking. I checked with RM and he said to pick the ONE account because that's available only for upgrade and new the ONE accounts are not being open.

icici_upgrade.png
The one account definitely looks more promising. You can also check for more premium accounts with the branch.

thanix

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I will try for wealth account. What are the other varients in ICICI for salary accounts? I don't know how my current varient is in terms of features.
Wealth account needs salary credit of 2.5L+ at least in one previous month. The One account is for 1L+ salary credit. You will get 999 Amazon voucher (spend based), 15% off on bigbasket till 250/500 per month (not sure it's still available). No other benefits AFAIK. But yeah why leave these free benefits as mab is still 0 due to salary account.

Sevendar@01

TF Premier
Wealth account needs salary credit of 2.5L+ at least in one previous month. The One account is for 1L+ salary credit. You will get 999 Amazon voucher (spend based), 15% off on bigbasket till 250/500 per month (not sure it's still available). No other benefits AFAIK. But yeah why leave these free benefits as mab is still 0 due to salary account.
Amazon and bigbasket benefits are expired as much I know and have seen somewhere on their site

Tosh

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
At 1L+ they offer First select Variant. You can look it up on the website but free health checkup, amazon prime and visa infinite DC with complimentary guest visits and RSA are some of the features worth mentioning apart from monthly accrued interest at 4%.

thanix

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
There is no restriction to be put in by the employer to have account any particular bank. You can just share the account details to HR informing you want the salary to be paid to the account
No, many companies have this restriction. You can choose from few options. Some companies have only a single option and you have to open an account for salary.