• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Corporate salary account vs normal savings account to fetch a mid-premium range CC

CCsearcher

TF Buzz
Hello All,

My company has a tie-up with Standard Chartered and they are offering Priority/Premium banking with LTF Visa Infinite Card for Priority & Super Value Titanium CC for Premium.

I have done some research on Standard Chartered CCs & DCs but they don't seem to be great.

I am basically looking for a mid-premium range CC to get 3-5% return, I do know that Axis Atlas & HDFC Infinia gives a return in the range of (13-16%). However, I wish to add Axis Atlas and Regalia Gold. I have opened a SavingsMax account with HDFC recently.

I was wondering if I open a salary account with Axis, will they give it for LTF? But my company doesn't have corporate tie-up with Axis or HDFC and I am not willing to park several lacs in a savings account.

Nett monthly salary- 2.5lacs

Yearly spend goes till 6-7lacs when include travel.

Currently holding CCs - Citibank rewards, AmazonPay ICICI, Flipkart Axis.

Currently I hold an account with HSBC which seems to be pretty screwed up, they run a 5% cashback offer but they deny to give the cashback because mine is not a "corporate" salary account. This is why I am looking to move to a different bank for a salary account too.

Thanks in advance.

Solution
What's a good setup?
SBI cashback + ??
Consider some amount spent on overseas travel every year, plus online spends on Myntra, Swiggy, Zomato + Offline spends.
Offline+ travel atlas u can club this with amex prat travel as axis can be Litte unreliable
Sbi cashback work everywhere
Take apay for insurance payment etc 1%

& U r covered..
U can try hdfc millniea & keep on getting l.e for infinia or infina reserve if it comes

CCsearcher

TF Buzz
Offline+ travel atlas u can club this with amex prat travel as axis can be Litte unreliable
Sbi cashback work everywhere
Take apay for insurance payment etc 1%

& U r covered..
U can try hdfc millniea & keep on getting l.e for infinia or infina reserve if it comes
Thankyou ! Will try to target these one by one. :)

helloworld

TF Legend
Did you contact branch and apply 'Regalia Gold'? any issues observed?
Did you apply Atlas through pre-approved offers because you have axis card? any issues?

----

based on post title requirement i.e., mid-range premium cc, you don't even need bank account with them.

You can move salary account to different bank but that requirement is different, there you need better ROI, good offers, easy contacts etc. at last you can get credit card. but above mentioned credit cards easily can obtain with that income and CIBIL score.

Checking if any issues you faced with those cards? I don't think atlas have much restriction unless your FK card is 10k limit card.

CCsearcher

TF Buzz
Did you contact branch and apply 'Regalia Gold'? any issues observed?
Did you apply Atlas through pre-approved offers because you have axis card? any issues?

----

based on post title requirement i.e., mid-range premium cc, you don't even need bank account with them.

You can move salary account to different bank but that requirement is different, there you need better ROI, good offers, easy contacts etc. at last you can get credit card. but above mentioned credit cards easily can obtain with that income and CIBIL score.

Checking if any issues you faced with those cards? I don't think atlas have much restriction unless your FK card is 10k limit card.
I plan to do it this week(i.e. tomorrow). I will visit both HDFC & Axis bank branch and then post the outcome here. The FK card has 1.5lacs limit, lowest of the three.
I did receive similar suggestions from others in this thread for the salary account. IndusInd is in my radar.

I should be able to put an update after tomorrow hopefully :)

helloworld

TF Legend
I plan to do it this week(i.e. tomorrow). I will visit both HDFC & Axis bank branch and then post the outcome here. The FK card has 1.5lacs limit, lowest of the three.
I did receive similar suggestions from others in this thread for the salary account. IndusInd is in my radar.

I should be able to put an update after tomorrow hopefully :)
login axis netbanking -> apply now -> credit cards -> accept/proceed -> let us know which cards its showing to you?

or

you can chat with them and apply.

Visiting branch not required for axis unless you want higher limit.

CCsearcher

TF Buzz
login axis netbanking -> apply now -> credit cards -> accept/proceed -> let us know which cards its showing to you?

or

you can chat with them and apply.

Visiting branch not required for axis unless you want higher limit.
I only have a FK CC with Axis. I guess the netbanking requires one to have a savings account with them.

CCsearcher

TF Buzz
Which axis card u want
I am going to stick to the suggestion from you and others in the thread.

Axis Atlas is what I want but preferably LTF. So I am going to check at the branch, what combination are they ready to give, Burgundy salary + M4B + Atlas LTF. Or by any chance Atlas LTF without any salary account with them.

Amex Platinum Travel is what I will go for immediately, by any chance anyone here providing a referral link?

Once the above settles, I will either choose SBI cashback or Millenia.

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge

Axis Atlas is what I want but preferably LTF. So I am going to check at the branch, what combination are they ready to give, Burgundy salary + M4B + Atlas LTF. Or by any chance Atlas LTF without any salary account with them.

Amex Platinum Travel is what I will go for immediately, by any chance anyone here providing a referral link?

@varun__goel_ dm her for amex referal.
If u get any hiccups during process u can dm @BestBanker he is employee in amex

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge

Atlas ltf not everyone even know they can get via burgundy as ltf ..
Usual is they give everyone select ltf .

For atlas paid u can take anytime calling customer care as surrogate card without cibil hit .

But since your aim is burgundy & m4b ...
Try for burgundy m4b ltf then for atlas ltf

varun__goel_

TF Legend

Check dm for referral

sidp

TF Ace
Hello All,

My company has a tie-up with Standard Chartered and they are offering Priority/Premium banking with LTF Visa Infinite Card for Priority & Super Value Titanium CC for Premium.

I have done some research on Standard Chartered CCs & DCs but they don't seem to be great.

I am basically looking for a mid-premium range CC to get 3-5% return, I do know that Axis Atlas & HDFC Infinia gives a return in the range of (13-16%). However, I wish to add Axis Atlas and Regalia Gold. I have opened a SavingsMax account with HDFC recently.

I was wondering if I open a salary account with Axis, will they give it for LTF? But my company doesn't have corporate tie-up with Axis or HDFC and I am not willing to park several lacs in a savings account.

Nett monthly salary- 2.5lacs

Yearly spend goes till 6-7lacs when include travel.

Currently holding CCs - Citibank rewards, AmazonPay ICICI, Flipkart Axis.

Currently I hold an account with HSBC which seems to be pretty screwed up, they run a 5% cashback offer but they deny to give the cashback because mine is not a "corporate" salary account. This is why I am looking to move to a different bank for a salary account too.

Thanks in advance.
I would suggest to get dcb. You will pay fee ~12k. But you can easily recover it if you plan your spend properly and plan to redeem for hotel/air travel. But it has a lot of exclusions even fuel.

Atlas is good card even after devaluation. (Unless they block your rps randomly). Regalia gold makes sense at 7.5L spend. If your spend on reg gold will be <6L & you cant reach 3 out of 4 quarterly milestone, it won't make much sense. The base reward is low. Real cb cards like sbi Cb or millenia will suit better there.
One positive thing is smart buy and free cab coupon if you book flight using regalia gold. Also you'll easily reach fee waiver milestone.

Last edited:

sidp

TF Ace

Many banks aren't opening salary account without corporate tie ups. So 1st you need to check will they do it or not. For burgundy also you need to clarify cuz normal criteria is 3L net and axis is very particular about it.

Chances of burgundy +m4b+Atlas ltf is extremely low. If you get burgundy, you can ask for Atlas ltf. But get it in writing that you'll get burgundy account and Atlas ltf issued within 20-25days. Unlike hdfc , axis processes are streamlined so that is enough time.

Atlas and Regalia Gold together makes no sense for your spends. In that case you won't reach milestone in either one.

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Many banks aren't opening salary account without corporate tie ups. So 1st you need to check will they do it or not. For burgundy also you need to clarify cuz normal criteria is 3L net and axis is very particular about it.

Chances of burgundy +m4b+Atlas ltf is extremely low. If you get burgundy, you can ask for Atlas ltf. But get it in writing that you'll get burgundy account and Atlas ltf issued within 20-25days. Unlike hdfc , axis processes are streamlined so that is enough time.

Atlas and Regalia Gold together makes no sense for your spends. In that case you won't reach milestone in either one.
Man axis and their constant pain.
Even hdfc being douch* in l.e
Even to genuine and deserving PPL

I guess Op is applying for amex plat travel .
Be it axis atlas - gives 10% on travel booking
Amex best bet is you reddem best value Marriott hotel
Hdfc is confused soul without mile stone

Yes cab is added advantage I came to know recently too .

Atlas was good paid but they reduced the JB to half
.idk what they thinking seriously

sidp

TF Ace
Man axis and their constant pain.
Even hdfc being douch* in l.e
Even to genuine and deserving PPL

I guess Op is applying for amex plat travel .
Be it axis atlas - gives 10% on travel booking
Amex best bet is you reddem best value Marriott hotel
Hdfc is confused soul without mile stone

Yes cab is added advantage I came to know recently too .

Atlas was good paid but they reduced the JB to half
.idk what they thinking seriously
Even after devaluation if you keep gold tier it's good. And still better than regalia gold. With op's spend he doesn't have to worry about group wise redemption limit.

For LE I don't agree. A lot of people have more cl than they deserve. Cl more than 2, 2.5x net monthly salary is risky. Icici/kotak are in some Josh to provide that kind of cl. Extremely few people have cl<2x salary after they share itr docs.
Plus considering how much young people love to buy in emi & hate savings, even couple of month of unemployment will lead to bad debt.
Gen z have completely adopted western lifestyle: buying everything on emi, woke politics, consumption/usage patterns like Starbuck, wework, iphone, Zaara etc.

_amit_

TF Premier
Dada ne jabardasti GenZ ko ragad diya

Even after devaluation if you keep gold tier it's good. And still better than regalia gold. With op's spend he doesn't have to worry about group wise redemption limit.

For LE I don't agree. A lot of people have more cl than they deserve. Cl more than 2, 2.5x net monthly salary is risky. Icici/kotak are in some Josh to provide that kind of cl. Extremely few people have cl<2x salary after they share itr docs.
Plus considering how much young people love to buy in emi & hate savings, even couple of month of unemployment will lead to bad debt.
Gen z have completely adopted western lifestyle: buying everything on emi, woke politics, consumption/usage patterns like Starbuck, wework, iphone, Zaara etc.

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
To be honest it's not a genz problem but Indian problem. They are ready adopt all bad things but not good things.
Traffic rules man na ya punctuality sikhna nahi he. But sabhiko Russian chahiye.
@Walter White is the the guy is anyone want anything from Russia 😂

Last gen think - new are becoming shitter
New think - last gen are book too narrow

But the west woke cancer , supporting terrorists, their gender theory , uff kill me I can't tolerate.

helloworld

TF Legend
I only have a FK CC with Axis. I guess the netbanking requires one to have a savings account with them.

not needed. In fact, except Federal none of the banks require savings account to login netbanking. If you have customer ID try login netbanking, or mobile app also will work. If you don't have there is SMS format or welcome letter provide the same to you.

CCsearcher

TF Buzz
not needed. In fact, except Federal none of the banks require savings account to login netbanking. If you have customer ID try login netbanking, or mobile app also will work. If you don't have there is SMS format or welcome letter provide the same to you.

Thank you. This helped. (y)
The cards shown to me are-
  1. Aura
  2. Indian Oil
  3. ACE
  4. MyZone
  5. Privilege
  6. Select
  7. Atlas
  8. Neo
  9. Samsung Infinite
  10. Axis Bank Rewards
  11. MyZone Rupay
  12. Samsung Signature
  13. Airtel Axis Bank Mastercard

But the CC Limit is the same as my FK, 1.5lacs only :rolleyes:

1714117247486.png

varun__goel_

TF Legend
Thank you. This helped. (y)
The cards shown to me are-
  1. Aura
  2. Indian Oil
  3. ACE
  4. MyZone
  5. Privilege
  6. Select
  7. Atlas
  8. Neo
  9. Samsung Infinite
  10. Axis Bank Rewards
  11. MyZone Rupay
  12. Samsung Signature
  13. Airtel Axis Bank Mastercard

But the CC Limit is the same as my FK, 1.5lacs only :rolleyes:

1714117247486.png
Cards are only issued on shared limit.

If you have luck you will get LE.

One option to get higher limit is to apply card on c2c basis using your highest limit card via branch