• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Corporate salary account vs normal savings account to fetch a mid-premium range CC

CCsearcher

TF Buzz
Hello All,

My company has a tie-up with Standard Chartered and they are offering Priority/Premium banking with LTF Visa Infinite Card for Priority & Super Value Titanium CC for Premium.

I have done some research on Standard Chartered CCs & DCs but they don't seem to be great.

I am basically looking for a mid-premium range CC to get 3-5% return, I do know that Axis Atlas & HDFC Infinia gives a return in the range of (13-16%). However, I wish to add Axis Atlas and Regalia Gold. I have opened a SavingsMax account with HDFC recently.

I was wondering if I open a salary account with Axis, will they give it for LTF? But my company doesn't have corporate tie-up with Axis or HDFC and I am not willing to park several lacs in a savings account.

Nett monthly salary- 2.5lacs

Yearly spend goes till 6-7lacs when include travel.

Currently holding CCs - Citibank rewards, AmazonPay ICICI, Flipkart Axis.

Currently I hold an account with HSBC which seems to be pretty screwed up, they run a 5% cashback offer but they deny to give the cashback because mine is not a "corporate" salary account. This is why I am looking to move to a different bank for a salary account too.

Thanks in advance.

Solution
What's a good setup?
SBI cashback + ??
Consider some amount spent on overseas travel every year, plus online spends on Myntra, Swiggy, Zomato + Offline spends.
Offline+ travel atlas u can club this with amex prat travel as axis can be Litte unreliable
Sbi cashback work everywhere
Take apay for insurance payment etc 1%

& U r covered..
U can try hdfc millniea & keep on getting l.e for infinia or infina reserve if it comes

Quantum

TF Premier
Regalia Gold doesn't seem to be out of your reach, and for that you don't even need to have your salary account with them. With a salary account in HDFC, you could get it easily. But it's just that if you could get it w/o an account, that's better.
However, you could/should negotiate for the credit card of your choice before moving your salary account to any bank.

Have you explored the C2C methods to fetch a mid-premium range CC on this forum?
I was wondering if I open a salary account with Axis, will they give it for LTF? But my company doesn't have corporate tie-up with Axis or HDFC and I am not willing to park several lacs in a savings account.

If your employer had a tie-up with Axes, you could have gotten a Burgundy salary account even with 2.5L per month salary (3L is the written rule) and a premium/mid-premium CC most probably. However, no harm in checking it by walking into the nearest Axis branch to your office/residence and negotiating with the branch head for the account and the CC. If it doesn't work out in one branch, walk into the other one. And don't take anything for granted unless it is in writing or they show you enough documentary evidence to believe that they will be processing the desired CC.

Do you have a Citibank account too? If yes, how old it is and how much NRV you had?

CCsearcher

TF Buzz
Regalia Gold doesn't seem to be out of your reach, and for that you don't even need to have your salary account with them. With a salary account in HDFC, you could get it easily. But it's just that if you could get it w/o an account, that's better.
However, you could/should negotiate for the credit card of your choice before moving your salary account to any bank.

Have you explored the C2C methods to fetch a mid-premium range CC on this forum?

If your employer had a tie-up with Axes, you could have gotten a Burgundy salary account even with 2.5L per month salary (3L is the written rule) and a premium/mid-premium CC most probably. However, no harm in checking it by walking into the nearest Axis branch to your office/residence and negotiating with the branch head for the account and the CC. If it doesn't work out in one branch, walk into the other one. And don't take anything for granted unless it is in writing or they show you enough documentary evidence to believe that they will be processing the desired CC.

Do you have a Citibank account too? If yes, how old it is and how much NRV you had?
Thanks for your response. I will check about the C2C methods, but I was under impression that C2C would mean I will have to surrender one of the existing CCs?

No, the employer doesn't have a tie-up with Axis but I am planning to go to a branch and check if in case they are providing a good deal(without corporate salary account, but a normal savings account which receives the salary, is zero balance and Axis Atlas LTF :) )

I had my first salary account with Citibank, hence they gave me the rewards Credit Card. The only relationship I had with them was the salary account + Rewards CC. I closed my salary account last year when I switched jobs.

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Hello All,

My company has a tie-up with Standard Chartered and they are offering Priority/Premium banking with LTF Visa Infinite Card for Priority & Super Value Titanium CC for Premium.

I have done some research on Standard Chartered CCs & DCs but they don't seem to be great.

I am basically looking for a mid-premium range CC to get 3-5% return, I do know that Axis Atlas & HDFC Infinia gives a return in the range of (13-16%). However, I wish to add Axis Atlas and Regalia Gold. I have opened a SavingsMax account with HDFC recently.

Yearly spend goes till 6-7lacs when include travel.

Currently I hold an account with HSBC which seems to be pretty screwed up, they run a 5% cashback offer but they deny to give the cashback because mine is not a "corporate" salary account. This is why I am looking to move to a different bank for a salary account too.

Thanks in advance.
Get axis Bank salary account ( burgundy)
Ask for atlas ltf .
Yes it's possible.

Get m4b Ltf ( idk if they are giving )
Take both in writing via email...else don't open .

@Priya Karam dm her for m4b & burgundy query .

Hdfc just keep 2-3 lakh or do fd in hdfc ..
It will give u regalia .
Then u can request for l.e after 6 month

Hdfc is stable & their saving max has same benefits which other hni banking has

Axis gives u more even with their bloody devaluation

Quantum

TF Premier
but I was under impression that C2C would mean I will have to surrender one of the existing CCs?
No, you don't seem to have 3-5 cards of the same bank. You would be using other banks' card for C2C.
if in case they are providing a good deal(without corporate salary account, but a normal savings account which receives the salary, is zero balance and Axis Atlas LTF :) )
Even if there's no tie-up, one can try for a salary account. Just check with the branch head, most of the times, they agree. Most of the salary accounts out there are zero balance accounts. And there are only a few (or couple of) zero balance savings accounts that give any real benefits. Most of the benefit giving savings accounts need 5K to 1L AMB.
With Axes, I would recommend a salary based account only. Moreover, Axes won't offer you any meaningful CC if you go for a savings account with low balance criteria.

I had my first salary account with Citibank, hence they gave me the rewards Credit Card. The only relationship I had with them was the salary account + Rewards CC. I closed my salary account last year when I switched jobs.
You shouldn't have closed it, as you are anyway not reaping any benefit out of your present account where the salary is getting credited, I guess.
If you had continued this Citi salary account, then there were high chances that it would have been converted to Burgundy salary account automatically.
Anyways, try other methods. It is possible to get mid/premium/super-premium CC with 2.5L salary. Explore the forum for the same.

CCsearcher

TF Buzz
Get axis Bank salary account ( burgundy)
Ask for atlas ltf .
Yes it's possible.

Get m4b Ltf ( idk if they are giving )
Take both in writing via email...else don't open .

@Priya Karam dm her for m4b & burgundy query .

Hdfc just keep 2-3 lakh or do fd in hdfc ..
It will give u regalia .
Then u can request for l.e after 6 month

Hdfc is stable & their saving max has same benefits which other hni banking has

Axis gives u more even with their bloody devaluation
Just to be clear m4b means "Magnus for Burgundy"?
Thanks for showing the route. I will DM Priya :)
Have a good evening!

CCsearcher

TF Buzz
No, you don't seem to have 3-5 cards of the same bank. You would be using other banks' card for C2C.

Even if there's no tie-up, one can try for a salary account. Just check with the branch head, most of the times, they agree. Most of the salary accounts out there are zero balance accounts. And there are only a few (or couple of) zero balance savings accounts that give any real benefits. Most of the benefit giving savings accounts need 5K to 1L AMB.
With Axes, I would recommend a salary based account only. Moreover, Axes won't offer you any meaningful CC if you go for a savings account with low balance criteria.

You shouldn't have closed it, as you are anyway not reaping any benefit out of your present account where the salary is getting credited, I guess.
If you had continued this Citi salary account, then there were high chances that it would have been converted to Burgundy salary account automatically.
Anyways, try other methods. It is possible to get mid/premium/super-premium CC with 2.5L salary. Explore the forum for the same.
Yeah, that time I heard everyone around me saying Axis is fu**ed up :( Once I tried to sell my ESOPs and get the money from MeryllLynch to my Citi Account, they even screwed that up. Because of that fiasco, I started looking but then I didn't know that TechnoFino existed then. I enquired about HSBC premier and they told me I am eligible. I thought HSBC premier was providing just everything I needed. Later I realised it was a fraud, that lady from HSBC just created my account, I was given a Premier CC but when I started asking for the offers and benefits they started telling I am not a "true premier" and I will be charged for even the salary account. 20K for the premier CC after the 1st year, so I closed the CC and am still fighting with them for the 5% CB offer on Debit card which apparently is for every debit card holder.

After the frustration from HSBC, I am a little reluctant to just trust any bank employee.

I will follow your suggestion for Axis. lets see. I am okay with a 25K balance and can put some 2-3lacs in FD. so lets see.. thanks.

Have a good evening!

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Yeah, that time I heard everyone around me saying Axis is fu**ed up :( Once I tried to sell my ESOPs and get the money from MeryllLynch to my Citi Account, they even screwed that up. Because of that fiasco, I started looking but then I didn't know that TechnoFino existed then. I enquired about HSBC premier and they told me I am eligible. I thought HSBC premier was providing just everything I needed. Later I realised it was a fraud, that lady from HSBC just created my account, I was given a Premier CC but when I started asking for the offers and benefits they started telling I am not a "true premier" and I will be charged for even the salary account. 20K for the premier CC after the 1st year, so I closed the CC and am still fighting with them for the 5% CB offer on Debit card which apparently is for every debit card holder.

After the frustration from HSBC, I am a little reluctant to just trust any bank employee.

I will follow your suggestion for Axis. lets see. I am okay with a 25K balance and can put some 2-3lacs in FD. so lets see.. thanks.

Have a good evening!
True burgundy also is a pain in ass thing so before opening take their word promises on email .
Don't get overwhelmed by agents.

They r for their benefit u look out for your own

Discussion atas ltf & m4b

If they say atlas ltf not possible tell them to look dipper & find out product code or ask their burgundy department tards

CCsearcher

TF Buzz
True burgundy also is a pain in ass thing so before opening take their word promises on email .
Don't get overwhelmed by agents.

They r for their benefit u look out for your own

Discussion atas ltf & m4b

If they say atlas ltf not possible tell them to look dipper & find out product code or ask their burgundy department tards
I was actually thinking for Priority + Atlas LTF. Burgundy seems to be overwhelming :(

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
I was actually thinking for Priority + Atlas LTF. Burgundy seems to be overwhelming :(
Burgundy has select ltf .u can take atlas ltf too ..
For priority u will get select or previlge..fyf I guess
@techt u r priority right ?

Idk salary criteria is 2 lakh + or 3 lakg .. but it will be salary burgundy u don't have to maintain anything.
Try it ..it's just talk

CCsearcher

TF Buzz
Burgundy has select ltf .u can take atlas ltf too ..
For priority u will get select or previlge..fyf I guess
@techt u r priority right ?

Idk salary criteria is 2 lakh + or 3 lakg .. but it will be salary burgundy u don't have to maintain anything.
Try it ..it's just talk
I have dropped her a private message. Let's see. I was thinking to visit a branch this Friday.

CCsearcher

TF Buzz
Axis priority DC for salary accounts give 1% CB (upto 750pm) for cumulative online spends above 15K.
Have been using this for quite some years for paying cc bills.
Great thanks. This helps. I will try to compare the Priority DC with the Burgundy DC(basically look through the forum posts :D )

_amit_

TF Premier
Get higher variant account only with salary route. Avoid with savings.

No Wealth? management program is worth with saving account route unless you are negotiating things before opening and is getting what you are looking for.
Though I doubt any banks Wealth? Management program provides anything worth the cost. Some programs like HDFC Imperia are flexible, but Axis review Burgundy eligibility quarterly and can downgrade easily especially since its status is linked with M4B costing.

Note:
- Banks are not opening Salary account without tie-up anymore, so confirm before opening
- Do every negotiation before opening the account (regardless of salary or savings) and get documented via email.
- Make sure that LTF means LTF and not complimentary or atleast be aware of the difference of the offerings from them

Last edited: