Axis charging 100 + GST for no salary credit in Salary account

shadow

I had this account for almost 6 years and only received salary in it for about 6 months. After that using HDFC salary account. In April they charged 100+Gst (118) for no salary credit and will charge the same amount every month. I have removed all funds from that account and thinking of closing it.
I mostly use my HDFC account and rarely use this one. Should I just close it or let the balance keep going in negative?

Update:
Went to branch to close the account. They said if I maintain 5k MAB there will be no charges. So, I'm gonna maintain this amount and keep the account for now.

sousnake

I had this account for almost 6 years and only received salary in it for about 6 months. After that using HDFC salary account. In April they charged 100+Gst (118) for no salary credit and will charge the same amount every month. I have removed all funds from that account and thinking of closing it.
I mostly use my HDFC account and rarely use this one. Should I just close it or let the balance keep going in negative?
What's wrong in this? You should say thank you to axis that they charged 118 only.
You opened salary account and used their services like neft, dc cc etc. without paying anything or even fulfilling your promise of salary credit. Aap pe to fraud ka case Banta hai.. right?

Prem03

I will tell you a Jugaad that Technofino users love to hear. My Axis salary account was opened in 2012 and after 4-5 years it shifted to Standard Chartered and I was still using Axis salary account without any salary credit. Now the big question is How?

The answer is simple that currently there is no way through which the bank detects the amount credited is salary or not. So after receiving the salary in other bank account, you can do a NEFT transaction of all or some good amount to you Axis salary account. The bank will think you are getting salary and it will not flag your account.

Last year I transferred my salary account to HDFC but there were no benefits so around 5 months back I transferred it back to my initial bank Axis with Burgundy upgrade and still using Standard Chartered account with 0 balance using the above trick.

I hope it helps.

shadow

I will tell you a Jugaad that Technofino users love to hear. My Axis salary account was opened in 2012 and after 4-5 years it shifted to Standard Chartered and I was still using Axis salary account without any salary credit. Now the big question is How?

The answer is simple that currently there is no way through which the bank detects the amount credited is salary or not. So after receiving the salary in other bank account, you can do a NEFT transaction of all or some good amount to you Axis salary account. The bank will think you are getting salary and it will not flag your account.

Last year I transferred my salary account to HDFC but there were no benefits so around 5 months back I transferred it back to my initial bank Axis with Burgundy upgrade and still using Standard Chartered account with 0 balance using the above trick.

I hope it helps.
That's the way to go if you need your axis account operational but as I already don't use it much I might just close it now. Or convert it to some 0 balance savings account

I hope it helps.
so much trouble to keep axis happy.. what did you gain? anything special?

Prem03

so much trouble to keep axis happy.. what did you gain? anything special?
I use Axis as my primary account and happy with its services (forget about CC devaluation). I used to transfer some amount to Axis to pay EMI or for other expenses, so I didn't maintain the salary account intentionally and always keep atleast 20k in my account which is double than the MAB. I noticed that my account was still salary even after transferring it to other bank so I realised it's because of the transfer I do every month.
The main benefit is you get zero balance account, so at any point it you need to withdraw the entire amount you can do it without any charges.

I use Axis as my primary account and happy with its services (forget about CC devaluation). I used to transfer some amount to Axis to pay EMI or for other expenses, so I didn't maintain the salary account intentionally and always keep atleast 20k in my account which is double than the MAB. I noticed that my account was still salary even after transferring it to other bank so I realised it's because of the transfer I do every month.
The main benefit is you get zero balance account, so at any point it you need to withdraw the entire amount you can do it without any charges.
you are happy and you know it.. :).. Good luck with axis.. if it is your primary account then get it converted to some variation non salary and use it.. you will have funds in it / investment /sip / demat etc..

_amit_

I hope it helps.

• As I mentioned above in detail, this does not work with Axis anymore.
  • Banks don't even need dummy NEFT to keep the status salaried. Even OP used Axis without any dummy transaction for more than 5 years
  • Change your salary account from Axis to some other bank now and Axis will trigger the mail for non-credit of salary
  • Regardless of whether you do to this dummy NEFT, it will not work with Axis.
  • If this somehow works with Axis, then you have found a new bug every specific to your case then, as many have reported this change since Jan 2024

rahulsrinu8

Hi bro,

I am an active customer of Axis Bank since 3 years. Even I had a salary account and when my job changed even I faced the same issue when my salary Bank account changed too. I was charged with close to 600 - 700 rupees a month as fine. The reason was not maintaining Minimum Average Balance (MAB) in my Axis Bank Salary Account converted in to Savings account. As I live in a Metropolitan city, my MAB is 12,000 a month which means on an average my Axis Bank Account should have 12000 every month. To fulfill this I have a few choices
1) I can deposit 3,60,000 for one complete day and then I can keep my account zero the entire month. I won't be charged as it fulfills MAB of 12000/-
2) I can maintain a minimum balance of 12000 as a deposit and any money beyond that will be spent by me.
3) If in case I need my money where I use entire money in my account then I will have to calculate the MAB for the rest of the days and deposit that amount in my account and maintain it till month end.
So, the MAB for Metropolitan city is 12000/- and the fine is 600.
The MAB for Urban & Metro is the same.
The MAB for Semi-Urban is 5000/- and the fine is 300.
The MAB for Rural is 2500/- and the fine is 150
Fyi, please go through this...

shadow

Hi bro,

I am an active customer of Axis Bank since 3 years. Even I had a salary account and when my job changed even I faced the same issue when my salary Bank account changed too. I was charged with close to 600 - 700 rupees a month as fine. The reason was not maintaining Minimum Average Balance (MAB) in my Axis Bank Salary Account converted in to Savings account. As I live in a Metropolitan city, my MAB is 12,000 a month which means on an average my Axis Bank Account should have 12000 every month. To fulfill this I have a few choices
1) I can deposit 3,60,000 for one complete day and then I can keep my account zero the entire month. I won't be charged as it fulfills MAB of 12000/-
2) I can maintain a minimum balance of 12000 as a deposit and any money beyond that will be spent by me.
3) If in case I need my money where I use entire money in my account then I will have to calculate the MAB for the rest of the days and deposit that amount in my account and maintain it till month end.
So you're still keeping the account active by depositing money in it?

Why??

Mpautobe

Whats ur account.. Liberty / Prime / Priority / Burgundy?...
In case of Priority & above don't close it.

Hi bro,

You can convert it is a zero balance account right??