• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis charging 100 + GST for no salary credit in Salary account

shadow

TF Premier
I had this account for almost 6 years and only received salary in it for about 6 months. After that using HDFC salary account. In April they charged 100+Gst (118) for no salary credit and will charge the same amount every month. I have removed all funds from that account and thinking of closing it.
I mostly use my HDFC account and rarely use this one. Should I just close it or let the balance keep going in negative?

Update:
Went to branch to close the account. They said if I maintain 5k MAB there will be no charges. So, I'm gonna maintain this amount and keep the account for now.

Last edited:

shadow

TF Premier
Technically you enjoyed the account until it lasted. I assume that they would not even have charged any AMC for debit card too.

If it was savings, your account balance would have been in negative.
I had a delight debit card and it was chargeable.

Technically yes I enjoyed it but if they start charging for no salary credit then as soon as your job makes you switch to other banks you have to close the previous account and if somehow you change jobs again and they again have tie up with Axis you have to open the account again making it a bad process. Or just keep paying them money over something which you have no control.

_amit_

TF Premier
I had a delight debit card and it was chargeable.

Technically yes I enjoyed it but if they start charging for no salary credit then as soon as your job makes you switch to other banks you have to close the previous account and if somehow you change jobs again and they again have tie up with Axis you have to open the account again which is very process. Or just keep paying them money over something which you have no control.
Oh. The debit card should not be charged for when it was a salary account in banks eyes.

You concern is legit and also one of the reasons that companies nowadays has tie-ups with multiple banks.

If you make a switch ask the company to credit the salary in your existing salary account and no need to create new ones.
ICICI and HDFC allow this flexibility so no issues there regardless as they wont even know for the time being whether salary is being credited.

Though a problem to switch bank, this glitch actually helped? many
  • Salary account once created was not downgraded as the system is not robust. You yourself used Axis salary without salary credit for more than 5 years.
  • If you switch three companies and get three salary account, one ICICI, HDFC and Axis, all used to remain salary even if you shift salary to Citi
  • This way people used to get as much salary account without actual credit which means 0 MAB.
  • With Axis this is over but still going on for others.

Last edited:

Zacobite

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I had this account for almost 6 years and only received salary in it for about 6 months. After that using HDFC salary account. In April they charged 100+Gst (118) for no salary credit and will charge the same amount every month. I have removed all funds from that account and thinking of closing it.
I mostly use my HDFC account and rarely use this one. Should I just close it or let the balance keep going in negative?
close it.. why do u need it if salary is not getting credited??

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
So, they are taking their salary from your account including taxes !!
Fasak !! 🪓 🪓

Zacobite

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Ya account hi band karva do Axes ka💀
simple rule - salary account should only be salary account - use and throw types.. Have a different bank account as main account..if job chgs, account can chg so close old account.. Salary account should be of no other utility.. no relationship, no investment, no sip, nothing.. Salary comes and gets moved to your main account..

shadow

TF Premier
close it.. why do u need it if salary is not getting credited??
I don't really need it. It was just a secondary account that was only used when there were any problems with HDFC which is rare.

That's why looking to close it. Just asking if there's any advantage in keeping the account

Zacobite

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I don't really need it. It was just a secondary account that was only used when there were any problems with HDFC which is rare.

That's why looking to close it. Just asking if there's any advantage in keeping the account
nada nil zero none. axis has no advantage.. that i can think of..

kesarkarshri

TF Buzz
Your case is better.In my case, I had my salary account with YES bank during Moratorium period and meanwhile company tied up with Axis but then YES issue was resolved so my Axis account never saw salary credit. And after sometime, I joined another company with again non-Axis salary account option.I remember Axis deducting 500 Rs + taxes like 3 to 4 times for may be non-maintenance of min balance.This was 2/3 years back. I closed the account and now only hold credit card from them.I think most of the banks have similar asks.

raghu.rokda

TF Ace
Matalb

Salary nahi aayegi to jeb se paise Dene padenge kya pagalpan hai ye

Raghu bhai axes ko sabak sikhane ka time aagya hai

Chheni aur hatoda lekr head quarter ki band Baja do

Will wait for your masterpiece 😉
Mere charges lagne toh do..

Phir bataunga branch jaaker who i am…

Account closed nahi karwaunga, charges reversed kar ke bsdwada account mai convert karaunga