• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis charging 100 + GST for no salary credit in Salary account

shadow

TF Premier
I had this account for almost 6 years and only received salary in it for about 6 months. After that using HDFC salary account. In April they charged 100+Gst (118) for no salary credit and will charge the same amount every month. I have removed all funds from that account and thinking of closing it.
I mostly use my HDFC account and rarely use this one. Should I just close it or let the balance keep going in negative?

Update:
Went to branch to close the account. They said if I maintain 5k MAB there will be no charges. So, I'm gonna maintain this amount and keep the account for now.

Last edited:

Anupama_Jha

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I had this account for almost 6 years and only received salary in it for about 6 months. After that using HDFC salary account. In April they charged 100+Gst (118) for no salary credit and will charge the same amount every month. I have removed all funds from that account and thinking of closing it.
I mostly use my HDFC account and rarely use this one. Should I just close it or let the balance keep going in negative?
Well, it's obvious for axes 🪓

Either close the a/c or migrate it to savings/Liberty/bsbd account.

raghu.rokda

TF Ace
On which date your charges occurred?

Shubham Yadav

TF Legend
This bank is such a corporate scammy bank

Deducting charges for not crediting salary

Bank can easily convert salary account into saving account

But no charges kaatna h khoon choosma h customer ka

_amit_

TF Premier
  • Every bank mentions that non-credit of salary for 3 consecutive month will amount to downgrade and conversion to savings along with charges.
  • If you go to bank and create salary account they ask for corporate tie-up and will reject in case not present.
  • If you had a salary account earlier, changed companies which does not have tie-up, many bank system ignore this.
  • People even used to send NEFT themselves to trick that its salary. (This fails in Axis now if it comes from company without tie-up)
  • Axis bank used to ignore this as well in case of company change.
But starting this year Axis bank introduced Suvidha Salary Program which I think is merely a system upgrade, which
  • now captures salary credit with corporate tie-ups accurately it seems
  • Axis have since January 2024 sending emails to their salary account customers to check the corporate tie-up in case not there, and update accordingly if they receive this email
  • or they will charge 100 and also downgrade to appropriate savings account

Last edited:

_amit_

TF Premier
So not any credits transaction in last 4 months
What I understand is that the salary is not credited since 5 years and 6 months.

• The account was created 6 years ago
  • Salary was credited for 6 months
  • Changes happen and salary now credits to HDFC salary account
  • Axis account is still marked as salaried without credit since more than 5 years
  • After so much year, now they charged 100 rupees.

@shadow this is the case, right?

shadow

TF Premier
What I understand is that the salary is not credited since 5 years and 6 months.

• The account was created 6 years ago
  • Salary was credited for 6 months
  • Changes happen and salary now credits to HDFC salary account
  • Axis account is still marked as salaried without credit since more than 5 years
  • After so much year, now they charged 100 rupees.

@shadow this is the case, right?
Yes that's the case. They started charging this amount from last month and charge it every month. I can't see any advantage of keeping this account anymore.

_amit_

TF Premier
Yes that's the case. They started charging this amount from last month and charge it every month. I can't see any advantage of keeping this account anymore.
Technically you enjoyed the account until it lasted. I assume that they would not even have charged any AMC for debit card too.

If it was savings, your account balance would have been in negative.

Clean and close the account.